Sphere of Influence

Sumeragi

I will not be taking the time to do these ridiculous formulas.

Currently, ingame sphere of influence determines the maximum amount of land you can claim initially, and any claims beyond that have to be RPed. If people abuse it, call them out on it, don't stifle the entire community with new rules.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, seriously guys, we add so much math and formulas and restrictions to this damn game its amazing. Let people RP their countries the way they always have. If you have a problem that someone is too large, then find away to do something about it In freaking Character. All we do anymore is argue OOC, call them out IC and RP it. At least make it interesting then maybe they'll do it so a good story comes out of it. But I mean I wouldn't change anything cause someone's complaining OOC, but we just keep adding more math and more restrictions. Lets try and make this fun for everyone.

*sighs* More rules? I swear, with every new rule introduced, CNRP becomes less fun and interesting. <.<

The basic idea is simple, I believe: your SoI ingame is your SoI in CNRP, simple as that. That, and LVN pretty much explained everything to know about SoI in his World Map thread.

*sighs* More rules? I swear, with every new rule introduced, CNRP becomes less fun and interesting. <.<

The basic idea is simple, I believe: your SoI ingame is your SoI in CNRP, simple as that. That, and LVN pretty much explained everything to know about SoI in his World Map thread.

^. Yep, that's my thoughts on this too.

All of you need to calm down. This game is no fun with all stupid little rules and regulations to slow down the idiots and punish the good players.
*** Vince_Sixx has joined #cnrp

*** ChanServ sets mode +o on Vince_Sixx

*** ChanServ sets mode +a on Vince_Sixx

<Vince_Sixx> Goddamnit.

<Vince_Sixx> Can none of you actually be civil in one !@#$@#$ thread?

<Vince_Sixx> Everyone has to get all up in arms about every little small thing.

<Vince_Sixx> Because you think it ruins the game

<Vince_Sixx> Well let me tell you

* Tahsir drops arms on vince

<Keshav[umbrella]> naw vincee we are evil

<Vince_Sixx> All of your civil !@#$@#$ war

<Vince_Sixx> And your !@#$@#$ whining

<Vince_Sixx> You can shove it up your $@!.

*** Vince_Sixx has left #cnrp

Why were you EVER appointed?

I will not be taking the time to do these ridiculous formulas.

Currently, ingame sphere of influence determines the maximum amount of land you can claim initially, and any claims beyond that have to be RPed. If people abuse it, call them out on it, don't stifle the entire community with new rules.

I fully agree with this position. Just make a judgment call there is no way we can design an objective system that can compensate for every possibility. If its reasonable allow it, if its clearly abuse then reject it. Don't ruin the game by limiting the RP just to cover the few cases where people clearly abuse the system.

Why were you EVER appointed?

First of all, that's uncalled for. Moreover he has a point all these random little regulations are going to ruin the game. We'll just be playing a text based risk instead of writing an RP.

Edited by iamthey

That's uncalled for. He has a point all these random little regulations are going to ruin the game. We'll just be playing a text based risk instead of writing an RP.

His outbursts are uncalled for as well. Its a game and someone made a suggestion. Second, he does have a point. The way he made it and handles it is the problem.

Edited by mykep

His outbursts are uncalled for as well. Its a game and someone made a suggestion. Second, he does have a point. The way he made it and handles it is the problem.

None of you listen any other way. In this crowd you have to yell and scream, insult and cry to be heard.

None of you listen any other way. In this crowd you have to yell and scream, insult and cry to be heard.

Who here has resulted to outbursts? I believe that is just you. Everyone else has stated thier opinion. People disagree, but noone has handled it like you, a GM.

I looked over the thread and small insults were echanged by Lord Frost, who has an OOC/IC conflict with Sumeragi. So there is no suprise there.

Who here has resulted to outbursts? I believe that is just you. Everyone else has stated thier opinion. People disagree, but noone has handled it like you, a GM.

I looked over the thread and small insults were echanged by Lord Frost, who has an OOC/IC conflict with Sumeragi. So there is no suprise there.

Alright, whatever. I've discovered it's no point arguing with you. You did succeed in derailing the thread in order to call me out to the mods and say, "HEY LOOK HE'S A BAD PERSON!"

lol.

Alright, whatever. I've discovered it's no point arguing with you. You did succeed in derailing the thread in order to call me out to the mods and say, "HEY LOOK HE'S A BAD PERSON!"

lol.

I believe your inability to address the thread's OP or anything discussed in the thread, which also means you succeeding in derailing it, then to go ahead and attack the community you are supposed serve actually brought me to call you out.

fail.

Mykep and Vince, take it to PM or something.

Besides, I don't think we need any more rules regarding SoI, especially when it's already established by precedence. As Vedran pointed out, claims made outside your ingame SoI have to be RPed properly and the like, and any abuses (confirmed or suspected) may have to be addressed beforehand.

EDIT: I'm tired. Shouldn't of wrote this. I get cranky when I'm tired and I'm sorry. :(

In this case, both are at fault. VinceSixx was representing his opinion like the others, only in a more "bolded" matter, expressing his current anger. It shows his strong feelings in how CNRP has "too many rules lagging it behind". Under further study, it is shown that this sentence can easily result in a flame war, almost bait.

With the current state of the merger thread, there are strains inbetween VinceSixx and mykep; due to VinceSixx's stronger-than-average opinion in this area, and the previously mentioned fact, mykep responded "in kind". This was to show the community how negative and so-called "emo" VinceSixx is, and a attempt to throw community support behind him. Like VinceSixx's argument, this can be seen almost like a bait to make VinceSixx reply with anger, thus downgrading his community standing further.

In conclusion, both are at fault, perhaps mykep even further; VinceSixx and his angry statements mykep's anger-invoking statement(s?).

Now, back on topic please (like what JEDCJT is doing). I would really like to stop analysing this flame war to find the best course of action.

EDIT: fixed gammar.

Edited by JerreyRough

I hope there is no more flame wars. If there are, then this topic should be closed to let people cool down; same with the merger one.

EDIT: I'm tired. Shouldn't of wrote the above. I get cranky when I'm tired and I'm sorry. :(

Edited by JerreyRough

All of you need to calm down. This game is no fun with all stupid little rules and regulations to slow down the idiots and punish the good players.

Ehem.

Its not new RULES, its just a handy calculator so that the game would be fair for those above 5k Land. The other formulas are just useless and uneeded.

lol.

I believe your inability to address the thread's OP or anything discussed in the thread, which also means you succeeding in derailing it, then to go ahead and attack the community you are supposed serve actually brought me to call you out.

fail.

Please, both of you calm down. If you still want to fight, I respectfully request you take it to IRC or PM.

Could everyone (except those who did it right) just shut up for a bit, stop moaning and just say their opinion, such as

"No Sir, I don't like it."

or "Yes Sir, I like it."

Please?

I for one find Sumer's proposal completely overcomplicated. The old way is just perfect.

(Only using the site she linked to, as it's far more accurate than CN's google-map.)

Could everyone (except those who did it right) just shut up for a bit, stop moaning and just say their opinion, such as

"No Sir, I don't like it."

or "Yes Sir, I like it."

Please?

I for one find Sumer's proposal completely overcomplicated. The old way is just perfect.

(Only using the site she linked to, as it's far more accurate than CN's google-map.)

Now that's reasonable. I actually am in favor of that--using the old way, but the more accurate mapping site.