Tired of the cult of personality

General Bragg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you are leaving the alliance who grew your nation over your time in bob because they suddenly had a burst of authoritarianism during a war you see yourself losing to go fight for the other side?

Classy.

Oh wait, no. what's that other word?

Oh yes. Asinine

You only realised this now? Seems to be that you were fine with this state of affairs whilst your alliance was top dog (you did stay there after all) but now that the bombs are raining down it's suddenly an issue. Funny how a losing war really clears the mind, eh.

Peace aimee man, often times it takes personal experience to find ones true stance,

halflinger honor is great but blind honor can get you killed as well as many others, plus there is no need to honor those who you feel have betrayed you.

Edited by sircrimson

halflinger honor is great but blind honor can get you killed as well as many others, plus there is no need to honor those who you feel have betrayed you.

Spell my name right. :P

As for the honor those who you feel have betrayed you part, when did I say there was?

I just said that if someone threatens you with death and you abandon your honour, welll.....

They can read OWF just like the rest of us.

My experiences have shown that new nation rulers are intimidated by the sheer volume of reading that is required to keep abreast of current events and being "spoon fed" is so much easier.

Pretty much - when you are 3 weeks in looking at the top 5 pages of peace mode I would feel a bit burned.

Well, to be fair, they're probably in the top 5 pages because they're in peace mode.

Have a question to General Bragg!

Did you lose your access to their forum before or after you surrendered?

Are you speaking out of anger, when you say that you want to fight your old alliance? Or do you really mean it?

If you surrender during a time of war then your alliance will very likely remove your access from their command centers. I don't believe it matters which alliance it is.

I only note that because your AA is Karma POW and you comment that you wish to be released from terms, indicating, at least to me, that you had already surrendered prior to discovering your access had been truncated.

FYI my access has been non-existant for the past week prior to my decision to leave NPO. This was dispite many attempts to ask why I had no access. Given that I had no access, I felt no need to enter a 3 round of wars for folks who had yet to fight one.

I changed my AA POW only after I made the post. CN forums retro applied it to my post.

Oh please, while all the higher NS nations coward in peace mode, and you dare question his actions. I applaud the OP for developing the ability to think for himself, and growing a pair of balls. Bravo OP.

Edit: spelling

Thank you.

If his forum access was removed before the surrender, he had no reason to stay. If after, then yeah.

As I stated to Ivan, my access was removed approx. one week before my decision to leave NPO. I made many attempts to inquire why, without any response. It was only upon receiving my 3rd round of wars was my decision cemented.

Back in September 2008 (if not earlier), there was the stigma that there were massive personality conflicts between Pacifians and certain members of the OWF, which in turn could lead to risen warn levels and bans. In order to prevent the ban of their members, I believe the NPO put the limited posting on OWF into effect. This is of course second or third hand information, but make of it what you would like.

Your information is totally correct. In fact it was announced as radio silence on the NPO forums, i.e. no posting allowed on the CN forums. Said silence lasted until the rising tide of peaceniks who wanted to see FAN released from PZI started to turn public opinion against NPO and the need to post CB for the current conflict.

Stats of NPO WRC nations deleted in the past 24 hours (note these are the stats at time of deletion):

Nation/Link Nation Strength Infra Tech Military Wonders Held # of wars
Koona of Koona 58K 8509.99 3,576.49 FAFB MP PENTAGON SDI WRC Peacmode
Syaoran of Amestris 38K 7,207.87 2,891.90 PENTAGON SDI WRC 2
simplexio of Leiskaland 24K 5,225.09 1,515.87 AADN FAFB PENTAGON SDI WRC 2
Azure of Aldarin 76K 14,220.00 3,018.83 AADN FAFB HNMS MP PENTAGON SDI WRC Peacemode

Interesting things with these 4 deletions are that two were in peace mode, Koona was NPO's oldest ingame AA nation and (former?) Imperial Officer, Koona/simplexio/Azure were amongst the oldest nations in the game.

Now these are just the 4 WRC nations deleted in the past 24 hours. Whilst NPO is having an influx of small nations (who, from PM's sent to them being posted, are being conned onto the AA), they're losing quite alot of large nations. There have been nations equal to these ones size, and larger, who didn't have WRC's that have been deleted.

Now you know :)

Oh my, this war really is throwing things topsy-turvy. I'm starting to like LJ's posts. :v:

I echo the sentiments that such a nice guy as Koona didn't deserve such a fate. Karma is driving people out of the game at the expense of the entire game. This is so tragic even I can't inject any more horrible drama into it. It's beyond words.

Speaking of perma-ZI, I've heard that NPO is threatening it to nations who "run away" during war, which might account somewhat for their retention thus far. That and the fact that they've gained dozens of tiny nations. :v:

Your intelligence is correct, sir. Early on in this conflict (within the first week) all NPO nations were threatened with PZI should they leave.

This just increased the parallels between Moo's NPO & Stalin's Russia. Either we die by Karma or by NPO firing squad. No different than Soviet troops being marched into Nazi guns under pain of being shot by the political commissars. No reason we should not become like the ROA.

Your intelligence is correct, sir.

Oh imagine that.

Man, I knew I should've kept ghosting them. That's really insane but unsurprising, given the lengths they're going to to artificially inflate their numbers. I wonder if they thought people wouldn't notice.

They may not all be the majority...

But I must concur.

His Alliances faults finally removed the blindfold over his eyes they'd kept over him for so long....

Furthermore Personally, as it may be a little wrong to attack your former alliances, 2 wrongs also might not make a right, but I'm all for him getting the revenge he deserves, mind you Karma doesn't really need the help, but more is greatly appreciated.

After all, If my alliances was at war for over 3 weeks, and all my leaders hid in peace mode, I would switch sides as well, it's not necessarily a matter of winning or loosing, its the matter of fighting together as one.... (My leaders are too awesome to not fight with tho ;) )

He'll I think it would be funny as hell if one of the individual surrender terms was to join' Karma's side and fight against your old alliance... But thats just my opioin.

Down with NPO!

Thank you for your kind words. Maybe we shall have the opportunity to fight side by side. If not this war, then certainly the next one that will occur if the NPO is not reformed from top to bottom. No one in the Order believes they ever lost a war (GWI), and if left with any modecum of their current state, will seek revenge.

I have no problem with him surrenduring. If everyone hates him for deserting his alliance for war, then why are individual surrender terms available. I know as well that NPO leadership could not give a flying turd over their regular members and his decision was reasonable, seeing how he feels.

Thank you for your comments and support.

Im not sure if im interpreting this right but the way he is phrasing things it seems to me he had lost forum access BEFORE he surrendered. If it is indeed the case i don't blame the guy for wanting payback and blowing up some NPO nations might make him feel better...thus said I don't think defecting and wanting to fight for the other side was really the right way to go about it since the ppl he is angry with are still in Peace mode.

You are correct in your assumption. Forum access was lost 1 week prior to my surrender. Numerous inquiries were made without response. The final straw was a 3rd week of war without NPO being willing to admit so much as that I exist.