Tired of the cult of personality

General Bragg

Depends on your values. If you value your infra above all, sure it pays off. If you value getting involved in a community and having shared experiences and friendships, it probably doesn't.

Yeah thats why i pity people like him (note: not the OP, the link i provided). They can go on and save their infra for as long as they please, but in the end they will only have enemies left in the cyberverse and then they are gonna loose their infra as well and have nothing left.

Friends cant be taken away, no matter what the artificial numbers on your nation say.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You leave at the end of the war, not during the middle of the war.

Poor form.

Oh please, while all the higher NS nations coward in peace mode, and you dare question his actions. I applaud the OP for developing the ability to think for himself, and growing a pair of balls. Bravo OP.

Edit: spelling

Edited by The General

This is BS. If his alliance his getting curb stomped, then he has every right to surrender. He's been fighting for three weeks, and hasn't gained anything from it. If his alliance wanted him that badly, they wouldn't have deserted him with their actions over the last 2 years or so.

If you are a member of an alliance you have duties and rights. He enjoyed his rights, but he didn't fulfilled his duty to defend his mates in the alliance.

When the situation gone bad he simply left the alliance. It was good when they were on the upper side, but it was !@#$ when duties required his precious infra. If NPO, who are not saints was good for him for 2 years, it should be good for him now too. But he now he wanna attack his former alliance.

He has been fighting for three weeks , and hasn't gained anything from it.
He could gain honor. You can buy infra, but you cannot buy honor.

I think alot of you forget this is a NATION game that means any ruler should act in whats the best interest of his nation.

For the rest of you that scold him congrats for being the little soldier MOO would be proud.

:P

It is a nation game in name only. In reality it's an alliance game.

not to me it is not. I will not allow the bigger kid run my nation from me .

I can remeber a few years ago a few of us refferred to NPO as the purple kool aid gang how fitting. Someone decides not to drink the kool aid and the world scolds him.

Edited by shaiker

Using profanity because you are not immediately pumped full of aid might result in shabby treatment, yeah.

Good riddance.

this coming from someone that abandoned their alliance in need about 2 years ago for their enemy seems 2 faced i woulda avoided this thread like the plague my friend.

The kind of honour you gain by attacking during peace negotiations??

Anyway, the censorship is real and always has been. *Sigh* Hear you nothing that I say?

Well i never said that attacking OV was totally cool, but if he would left at this time maybe i would agree with him. But leaving alliance when it has hard times than wanting to attack his former alliance sounds like being a traitor as Youwish said.

Well i never said that attacking OV was totally cool, but if he would left at this time maybe i would agree with him. But leaving alliance when it has hard times than wanting to attack his former alliance sounds like being a traitor as Youwish said.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that NPO keeps its membership completely in the dark and none of them have a clue?

this coming from someone that abandoned their alliance in need about 2 years ago for their enemy seems 2 faced i woulda avoided this thread like the plague my friend.

What the devil are you talking about?

Is this about GATO? I was unaware of them being in any kind of military conflict or other type of "need" in February 2007.

What the devil are you talking about?

Is this about GATO? I was unaware of them being in any kind of military conflict or other type of "need" in February 2007.

Dont pretend gw2 didnt follow shortly and was inevitable to happen very soon after ;whats worse was you were the leader of GATO at the time

Not if they are the 5 minute a day nations and they dont have time. Also if everyone tells you the purple kool aid is safe eventually you will believe and drink

If they're all five minute a day nations they really can't complain if they end up getting screwed, should've paid more attention... ^_^

And not everyone has told them purple kool aid is safe. Hell, there has been an organisation dedicated to exposing them for what they are for a good long while now. Vox has been hard to miss, but none of the drones cared about the oppression and the bullying because they were too busy enjoying being #1.

Obviously the timing of his announcement and his willingness to now attack NPO at this moment are not ingratiating remarks but I for one can understand his plight when many of you condemning him cannot. There is indeed a culture of "just do it and shut up" in the NPO. Due to their numbers they would rather not deal with the small number of individuals who begin to ask alot of questions. That's just how it is in the big red machine. So yes, I understand why he is angry and I think he let his anger get the best of him in making this decision.

Using profanity because you are not immediately pumped full of aid might result in shabby treatment, yeah.

Good riddance.

Then again if this is the sole reason for such....

Dont pretend gw2 didnt follow shortly and was inevitable to happen very soon after ;whats worse was you were the leader of GATO at the time

Seriously, where are you getting this stuff from? GW2 was in the beginning of January (January being the month before February) and GW3 was in the end of March.

Though I do appreciate the delicious irony of you bringing up my leaving an alliance that would joke about its "Chairman Curse" (where every single leader in 2006 ended up leaving) in a thread about how "mean" the NPO allegedly is to its members. The NPO is so mean that people are leaving in droves! Why, it's gone from 928 nations at the start of this war to a mere....927!

Edited by Letum

The Pacifican grunts are not horses to be ridden on and abused. I am glad to see this a member has taken his blinders off.

Moo and his lackies don't have the right to keep their membership in the dark. They do not have the right to wave their power about and do as they please. There is a difference between loving your government and loving your country.

If only Doitzel posted De Profundis during this war. It is likely that the effect would have greater. I think it would have been more likely for a rebellion to take place in the lower ranks.

Seriously, where are you getting this stuff from? GW2 was in the beginning of January and GW3 was in the end of March.

Though I do appreciate the delicious irony of you bringing up my leaving an alliance that would joke about its "Chairman Curse" (where every single leader in 2006 ended up leaving) in a thread about how "mean" the NPO to its members. The NPO is so mean that people are leaving in droves! Why, it's gone from 928 nations at the start of this war to a mere....927!

Look, I will give credit where credit is due. NPO's retention has amazed me during this war. What that shows me though is what a complete culture NPO has on its own. It's for the most part disconnected from the rest of the world. Look in any thread of yours that would point towards the OWF and you will find post after post of NPO members saying how the OWF isnt worth wasting time on. It's quite possible that has an affect on a large amount of your nations that they believe they should not look outwards and get to know others. When part of a culture that large, you already have plenty of people to get to know.