Deployment returned all my guys home

Magicman657

I have the same bug as this guy: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56638

I deployed all my soldiers and tanks, I checked the battle odds on all my opponents, then when I went to start making attacks, all of my deployed soldiers and tanks were auto-returned home in the span of about 5 seconds. All my odds were ~50%. I can not deploy again for today either. My deployed tanks/soldiers now shows 0 and everything is defending.

Edit- this did occur BEFORE I was nuked, I checked the screen, messages, and it was as I said.

Edited by Magicman657

By deploying all of your soldiers and tanks you self Anarchied yourself and left your nation without any defending military. Anyone could have pulled up their ground battle screen against you and auto forced your soldiers home without you receiving a defeat alert because you had already self Anarchied. To avoid this be sure that you have plenty of defending military at all times.

We're working on issuing a second defeat alert message for these types of situations to help avoid confusion but there is no bug here.

By deploying all of your soldiers and tanks you self Anarchied yourself and left your nation without any defending military. Anyone could have pulled up their ground battle screen against you and auto forced your soldiers home without you receiving a defeat alert because you had already self Anarchied. To avoid this be sure that you have plenty of defending military at all times.

We're working on issuing a second defeat alert message for these types of situations to help avoid confusion but there is no bug here.

That doesn't even make sense for it to work like that, I was already in anarchy from attacks earlier that day so why should it matter if I self anarchy after that?

I also must say the idea of the game redirecting my deployments is also unsettling. If I wanted them to be defending, I wouldn't have deployed them in the first place.

To get around this, I deployed all but 1000 of my troops and it seemed to work okay. However, I do agree that the fact that all of the soldiers could be automatically returned leaving a person with no way to attack that day (due to all soldiers being recalled and the one day deployment limit) is very disconcerting.

I also must say the idea of the game redirecting my deployments is also unsettling. If I wanted them to be defending, I wouldn't have deployed them in the first place.

So you want to be able to deploy all of your soldiers and tanks so that your opponents cannot touch them while you're off attacking them with all your invulnerable forces? That's not fair at all and it is the reason why soldiers and tanks auto return home to defend.

So you want to be able to deploy all of your soldiers and tanks so that your opponents cannot touch them while you're off attacking them with all your invulnerable forces? That's not fair at all and it is the reason why soldiers and tanks auto return home to defend.

That's what I was going to say :P

Unfortunately because I can only deploy them once per day, if I want any kind of chance fighting against all 3-6 of my opponents each day it becomes kind of necessary <.< I should only get to attack the first one or two of them and then not have enough soldiers left to fight the rest of them with decent odds? Fair indeed.

Unfortunately because I can only deploy them once per day, if I want any kind of chance fighting against all 3-6 of my opponents each day it becomes kind of necessary <.< I should only get to attack the first one or two of them and then not have enough soldiers left to fight the rest of them with decent odds? Fair indeed.

Its not supposed to be fair 1 vs 3

Use cautious attacks?

Its not supposed to be fair 1 vs 3

No, but you should be at least able to reasonably fight back against the people attacking you.

Use cautious attacks?

Yea, even with that, it's not enough. When all your odds are ~50% even with max deployment, any soldiers dieing basically kills your chances against the rest of your opponents.

No, but you should be at least able to reasonably fight back against the people attacking you.

Yea, even with that, it's not enough. When all your odds are ~50% even with max deployment, any soldiers dieing basically kills your chances against the rest of your opponents.

I did use the full deployment as a tool in this war since I was already in nuclear anarchy. Just do it knowing the risk it is, and try to move quickly when your opponents are online. In my opinion it only adds another strategy to the game

I've always been an advocate of getting as many deployments as you have defensive wars (there was a thread about it months ago). The war is already more costly and damaging for the nation that is outnumbered, there's no reason to make it hard for that nation to fight back effectively as well. As if a cap on navy/nuke purchases isn't enough.

As for the full deployment thing.. try doing it when your opponents appear to be offline.

Edited by Viluin

I've always been an advocate of getting as many deployments as you have defensive wars

Oh Admin, please no, this will take away any skill in fighting.

Learn some tactics, and go nuts on them, I have been fighting multiple dance partners, and have been doing just fine

The Pansy Grins at Alden Peterson, Hi baby

Oh Admin, please no, this will take away any skill in fighting.

Learn some tactics, and go nuts on them, I have been fighting multiple dance partners, and have been doing just fine

The Pansy Grins at Alden Peterson, Hi baby

No amount of tactics makes up for only having 50% odds, with a pentagon, when you deploy 100% even though your enemy actually has the majority of his forces deployed, with 0 tanks defending his nation. And that's one enemy. In your strength range (not after many days of war). :wacko:

But yeah, I guess it's not really necessary, it's just that many people have been pushing for a change that would give the defender a bigger advantage.

Edited by Viluin

No amount of tactics makes up for only having 50% odds, with a pentagon, when you deploy 100% even though your enemy actually has the majority of his forces deployed, with 0 tanks defending his nation. And that's one enemy. In your strength range (not after many days of war). :wacko:

But yeah, I guess it's not really necessary, it's just that many people have been pushing for a change that would give the defender a bigger advantage.

You can attack with 50%

You can attack with 50%

If 100% of my forces have 50% odds against 1/3 of my enemy's forces (He had nearly everything deployed).. well, I think you can understand I won't be this "lucky" every day. And like I said, it's just one nation out of (currently) 3. I spied another guy into DEFCON 4 and I have a pentagon while he does not. Still, I only had 48% odds even though my forces outnumbered his by about 25%, both in tanks and soldiers (I was VERY surprised by this, I expected 60% odds because of my pentagon and his DEFCON level). I don't care what kind of tactician you are, no one could fight on the ground effectively in this situation. Even cautious attacks can cost you 1000+ tanks and 5000+ soldiers, there's no way I can hit all 3 of them effectively unless I luck out and manage to nuke them when they have a tiny amount of soldiers deployed.

Edited by Viluin

Looking at the guys you are fighting, excluding the troop efficiency and tank differences, they all have more tech than you, one have 1100 more and one has 2300more...

http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Technology

Having a higher technology level allows you to equip your soldiers and tanks with better weapons and gear. Technology is the most important bonus in ground battles compared to the bonuses for defending infrastructure and defending land area. The technology bonus effect works for both attacking and defending nations and adds bonuses to each nations battle odds.

They also all have more infra than you, and only sending in 7500 attacking tanks will reduce the defensive infra bonus to zero.

You appear to be quite land heavy, which is what has put you in 'NS range' of the other nations, with only small benefits.

The defender does have a bigger advantage in ground battles, which is why you as an attacker (when you are trying to do ground battles you aren't the defender) are getting low odds.

If 100% of my forces have 50% odds against 1/3 of my enemy's forces (He had nearly everything deployed).. well, I think you can understand I won't be this "lucky" every day. And like I said, it's just one nation out of (currently) 3. I spied another guy into DEFCON 4 and I have a pentagon while he does not. Still, I only had 48% odds even though my forces outnumbered his by about 25%, both in tanks and soldiers (I was VERY surprised by this, I expected 60% odds because of my pentagon and his DEFCON level). I don't care what kind of tactician you are, no one could fight on the ground effectively in this situation. Even cautious attacks can cost you 1000+ tanks and 5000+ soldiers, there's no way I can hit all 3 of them effectively unless I luck out and manage to nuke them when they have a tiny amount of soldiers deployed.

Get over it, win some lose some. You make tactics. Whether it is focusing hard on one guy, or spreading your attacks out. Your not gonna win them all.

Get over it, win some lose some. You make tactics. Whether it is focusing hard on one guy, or spreading your attacks out. Your not gonna win them all.

I'm sorry but "Get over it" is not acceptable logic. Not winning them all is fine, barely winning 1 of 6 is not. I do some game programming in my free time and I can look at this objectively and see that this is not fair to anyone who is put on the defensive, ever.

Edited by Magicman657

I'm sorry but "Get over it" is not acceptable logic. Not winning them all is fine, barely winning 1 of 6 is not. I do some game programming in my free time and I can look at this objectively and see that this is not fair to anyone who is put on the defensive, ever.

If you are forced onto the defensive, that generally means you are losing, which generally means that you should not really be winning.

If you don't like that system exploit, you can always 1) not deploy 100% of your troops, 2) use the exploit to your advantage and force THEIR troops home, so that they can't attack you, or 3) attack at a random time during the day when they're not on so that you can get your attacks in.