I remember when..

mpol777

I remember when #initiative had about thirty FAN members in it, and maybe two or three other people.

Yep... and I remember maxnmike giving ops to everyone in said channel.

I remember being invited to coup Sponge. (I did join the group Doitzel is a convincing fellow... though I ultimately left)

Edited by FallenFighter

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week was my 3rd anniversary in this game. I remember more than I want to admit.

I do remember being the ambassador to FAN from GOLD and having good times in their forums. Well, the parts I was allowed into.

I remember FAN never attacking anyone in GOLD, even when we were on opposite sides of conflicts.

I remember regretting not defending FAN with more than just words.

I fondly remember being a friend of FAN and hopefully am still considered such by some.

I remember when the largest nation in the cyberverse was a 4Kish nation.

I remember when GATO had the highest average nation strength of any sanctioned alliance.

I remember when the Imperial Covenant was still in effect.

I remember when the NPO passed the 1 million NS mark.

I remember when nations could only attack the 50 nations with higher NS than them, and and 50 nations with less NS.

I remember when the New Polar Order was announced and GATO condemned its creation.

I remember when Tygaland launched the nuclear weapon that started the first Great War.

I remember my cowardice in the face of my first taste of combat, a moment I always regret.

I remember when peace was attained, the thrill of victory I had no part in attaining.

I remember when I wrote the Praetorian Covenant, a newb who had no idea how Foreign Affairs worked, and in hindsight I never should have done so and why Zunea ignored it at every turn.

I remember when Grenval was elected Minister of Foreign Affairs for GATO, one of the most obviously foolhardy decisions in the history of that alliance.

I remember when Depraved came back and tried to turn things around.

I remember when I left.

I remember when GOONS attacked FARK and started the Second Great War.

I remember coming back.

I remember watching TOP systematically dismantle my nation, and marveling how little I understood war.

I remember the agony of defeat and leaving GATO again.

I remember when I joined the VE, and when Ardus asked me to serve as the MoFA for the Obsidian Entente. What a cluster$%&@ that was.

I remember when GATO was attacked, and once again watched war tear my nation to pieces. I remember the pride I had at standing my ground.

I remember my second taste of victory.

I remember the bitterness of the Green Massacre and VE's disbanding.

I remember giving in and joining the dark side, the Order.

I remember the Moldavi Affair.

I remember seeing VE reconstitute itself, the War of Retribution, and my return to the best alliance I have ever joined.

I remember leaving CN, and coming back.

I remember Vox Populi, and my disgrace.

I remember my return.

I remember my mistakes.

I remember my triumphs, however few they may have been.

I remember you're all a bunch of !@#$@#$ noobs.

EDIT:

I remember when I respected if not liked FAN.

Edited by John Michaels

I remember when I stumbled into Legion.

I remember fighting and befriending chefjoe in the war games.

I remember a FAN rogue attacking us, and FAN sending a FANpile which murdered said rogue within 12 hours.

I remember being thrilled when Legion entered GWIII.

I remember being pissed and leaving for Valhalla with chef when VL ignored the membership and I hit 7 infra.

I remember hating noWedge.

I remember making military proposals that wedge turned down because "NPO will take care of that stuff for us".

I remember Vanguard.

I remember !@#$@#$ loving Vanguard.

I remember leaving.

I remember coming back to find Moldavi and WarriorConcept.

I remember the shock and disappointment I felt when, after a goddamn year of leaving the game, I return to find FAN, in all their glory, still locked into an idiotic war that needs to end.

I remember joining NoR right after the Maroon War was over, and thought it was the coolest !@#$ ever

I remember GWII and GWIII and how much fun they were, especially watching GATO fall down like a massive fat guy

I remember when the Initiative looked invincible and that it would last forever.

I remember NoR dissolving and the remembering how it was the coolest !@#$ ever

The logs from GWIII that I saw showed it to be a .NET script that scraped the server for a delineated segment of alliance info.

It would parse alliances for nation data and build a tagged database on the user's local machine. Very useful for observing and directing wars, especially during post-GWII / early GWIII era combat.

It's obviously evolved since then, and when NR split from NPO, he became the indispensable man - he had proof they were being very naughty with such tools, so unlike the vast majority of departing NPO headliners from that point in time (Diskord, Seerow, LJ Scott, later Doitzel, etc), he was essentially allowed to walk away un-harassed and even given a free pass at trading barbs with the NPO Crap-spewer Battalions here on the forums.

NR admitted to me in in-game PM that he kept developing his own version privately for IngSoc to use, and FAN has proof that Koona and Bilrow developed their own version that was first called SkyNet and later Unimatrix Zero. That development effort is probably a large part behind why Bilrow abandoned the GGA and joined his real friends at NPO. Or it might just be because he has about as much personal integrity as a dead $@roach, hard to say.

Either way, New Reverie wrote the illicit tools that gave NPO much of it's early strength in warfighting, from about GWII to the emergence of Skynet around the UJW.

And since SkyNet and Unimatrix Zero are both geared solely towards offensive wars, and NPO built their military doctrine and organization around those 'tools', they're going down like a cheap hooker now - because they're totally on the defensive and don't have the slightest clue how to fight when they don't hold the advantage in order to use their crutch.

NR, for his part, apparently still has not learned to not cackle and caw during crow season.

Diskord was a NAAC and then a FAN and then finally an MK member. I don't think he ever was in NPO.

I made this account the last time I "returned" about a year ago...Unfortunately, the pc wasnt all that great, and it was destroyed. Anyway, it's just a name. I doubt im here to stay, tbh...

I remember chron everyday in my sig.

He said it the day before a stole the NPO senate seat in december, almost starting GW2

The logs from GWIII that I saw showed it to be a .NET script that scraped the server for a delineated segment of alliance info.

It would parse alliances for nation data and build a tagged database on the user's local machine. Very useful for observing and directing wars, especially during post-GWII / early GWIII era combat.

It's obviously evolved since then, and when NR split from NPO, he became the indispensable man - he had proof they were being very naughty with such tools, so unlike the vast majority of departing NPO headliners from that point in time (Diskord, Seerow, LJ Scott, later Doitzel, etc), he was essentially allowed to walk away un-harassed and even given a free pass at trading barbs with the NPO Crap-spewer Battalions here on the forums.

NR admitted to me in in-game PM that he kept developing his own version privately for IngSoc to use, and FAN has proof that Koona and Bilrow developed their own version that was first called SkyNet and later Unimatrix Zero. That development effort is probably a large part behind why Bilrow abandoned the GGA and joined his real friends at NPO. Or it might just be because he has about as much personal integrity as a dead $@roach, hard to say.

Either way, New Reverie wrote the illicit tools that gave NPO much of it's early strength in warfighting, from about GWII to the emergence of Skynet around the UJW.

And since SkyNet and Unimatrix Zero are both geared solely towards offensive wars, and NPO built their military doctrine and organization around those 'tools', they're going down like a cheap hooker now - because they're totally on the defensive and don't have the slightest clue how to fight when they don't hold the advantage in order to use their crutch.

NR, for his part, apparently still has not learned to not cackle and caw during crow season.

That is incorrect. The NPO began developing such scripts during the course of the first Great War, after "Battalion Leaders" had begun complaining about the inefficiency of Hand-going through the wars page to come up with effective target assignments.

To be honest, New Reverie, when he joined the NPO, took those technologies to a whole new level (a potential indicated when he first decided to take a swipe at us with his Senate Bid...funny stuff) of effectiveness, I was shocked when I saw what it could do.

I don't know enough about the current Pacifica to comment on your final statement...but...this situation is the only method whereby it was possible to defeat the NPO under any circumstances. And I had said as much to leadership during my brief return here a year ago.

Also, for the sake of timelines, New Reverie was not in the NPO during GWII, he came afterwards. Please know what you're talking about when speaking history...It's annoying to listen to inaccurate stuff when you were there.

As somebody who actively used all of those tools I can assert they're not "illicit" in the sense of breaking the game ToS, and actually take somebody's manual effort to feed data into them.

Of course the major reason the automatic target dispensers SkyNet and Unimatrix Zero were released is because NPO had to attack FAN the second time around two days earlier than planned and on a moment's notice because FAN members were starting to enter peace mode. Coordination of that effort was abysmal, and as a result numerous FAN got into *gasp* peace mode after the first round of wars expired.

I would say Unimatrix Zero is more of an atrocious chore than a useful tool though if it hasn't changed much since I last used it a year ago.

Also,

I remember when I was enticed to join an alliance for a huge 75k in starting aid.

I remember when I stayed with that alliance even though it was boring as hell because I got a huge 1 million in retention aid.

I remember when I caused that alliance to collapse by resigning so I could help reform ICP. And how badly that went.

I remember joining the New Pacific Order.

I remember when I posted a long rant in the NPO's Body Republic subforum stating that we were too dependent on other alliances and choosing them over Polar, and how it showed through the special treatment leadership's friends were getting compared to others in the same situations. Then receiving around 30-40 queries on IRC mostly from well-known Pacificans telling me they wanted to say the same thing but were too afraid to, while I was heckled by the ill-informed and falsely loyal. And how right I was about that.

I remember leaving to join the New Polar Order even though I was certain they were getting attacked.

I remember stating that if NpO was allowed to be rolled for Electron Sponge's actions, then NPO would be rolled for TrotskysRevenge's actions. And being mocked for that. And being right about that.