New, Easier, and More Realistic Tech Scale <CNRP>

Bacharth

New Tech Scale  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we can get a first world nation to make it for us, what's the point? There's no advantage to using them until you pass a tech barrier and you can already do it through first-world nations, so why put a whole process into it? Just let us make our own !@#$ at whatever tech level, but keep the normal formula. Forcing me to RP differently because you think it disrupts how the world should feel is laughable.

I'll use the tech scale, I'll use my own stuff.

I agree with this completely.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I see the ideas about this scale have been taken WAY out of proportion.

This scale is not to give anyone any more advantage, it's to promote more rp and less arguing about stats. That's it. I mean, hell, you all will be able to continue rping the way you were. There will be no change to that. If you've already been making stuff, you can continue doing so. Tonight, I'll create a final vote if you guys all feel this way.

There is no bias here. Modern is quite well defined, and will not be changing.

And we are asking for the community to comment on the proposal as outlined above. So, do you have any comments?

I believe he already made some.

So...I see the ideas about this scale have been taken WAY out of proportion.

This scale is not to give anyone any more advantage, it's to promote more rp and less arguing about stats. That's it. I mean, hell, you all will be able to continue rping the way you were. There will be no change to that. If you've already been making stuff, you can continue doing so. Tonight, I'll create a final vote if you guys all feel this way.

What i get from all this is people's objections seem to stem mainly from the fact that quality RP'ing will still not count towards winning a war as much as they would like.

What i get from all this is people's objections seem to stem mainly from the fact that quality RP'ing will still not count towards winning a war as much as they would like.

Hey, if two people are good writers and they both post well, there would be the only argument. However, if one person is really posting well and the other is sort of half-assing it, tech is not going to matter. It levels the playing field and makes this more of a roleplay and not a stat based RPG, which is killing CNRP. Hell, you look back to the older posts, and people would go to war, and there would be this beautiful story played out, but now all you have is my idols arguing about "Hay my gun fires faster than you so it's better." or "Where did you get that tech? You can't have 2005, you're only at 2003!"

Hey, if two people are good writers and they both post well, there would be the only argument. However, if one person is really posting well and the other is sort of half-assing it, tech is not going to matter. It levels the playing field and makes this more of a roleplay and not a stat based RPG, which is killing CNRP. Hell, you look back to the older posts, and people would go to war, and there would be this beautiful story played out, but now all you have is my idols arguing about "Hay my gun fires faster than you so it's better." or "Where did you get that tech? You can't have 2005, you're only at 2003!"

I know, but I'm not talking just about quality RP'ing during the war itself, but all the R&D that comes between wars.

I think before this is chartered as accepted a second poll needs to be made and it needs to be revoted as terminology and methodology have both changed throughout the duration of this thread. I actually think this change will threaten to undermine the popularity of the rp in this genre and do little more than brew ill emotions among many.

In other words: It is an incredibly bad idea for the community.

(Although I initially voted yes. and then it got more and more complicated and insidious.)

Get a final Draft OP on the new policy and lets have a clean vote.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I think before this is chartered as accepted a second poll needs to be made and it needs to be revoted as terminology and methodology have both changed throughout the duration of this thread. I actually think this change will threaten to undermine the popularity of the rp in this genre and do little more than brew ill emotions among many.

In other words: It is an incredibly bad idea for the community.

(Although I initially voted yes. and then it got more and more complicated and insidious.)

Get a final Draft OP on the new policy and lets have a clean vote.

MV, that's what he just proposed... :P