NPO: Better With or Without?

gorgon

Would Planet Bob be better off without NPO?  

1,258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Then I realized that this is exactly what makes the game fun, watching the destruction. Really lets be honest this game is boring, without war things are no fun. I hope that this war does not see the disbandment of NPO or another long term resistance (since i think NPO wouldnt disband). But lets get the curbstomping dynamcis out.

NPO is the curbstomp dynamic.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without NPO there would still be tension and drama. NPO disappearing wouldn't really change anything for long and would open up new avenues for the next 'bad guy' to jump in. Having a perennial villian who is easily recognizable is great, but sometimes the plot lines get old. Insisting that NPO is what's required to keep intrigue and danger in CN is avoiding the fact there will always be people who don't get along, and there will always be someone who is planning on weaseling their way to the number one spot.

Sure, NPO can stay, but having them in a diminished form would certainly be great for new chapters in Planet Bob history. But, since I'm basing my thesis on the fact that it doesn't really matter if they disappear or not, I voted that they should disappear based on their past transgressions and the fact that comeuppance is sweet. Forced disbandment would be the greatest irony.

Every story needs a villain. Every story needs a brave hero. No matter what side you are on, NPO fulfills one of these requirements. So no, CN would not be better off without NPO.

edit: typo

And there will be one that will take their place... Maybe.

We are here to stay, just sayin'

Anyway, I do think that for some people the game would lost its appeal if NPO were to be gone as they centered their entire gaming experience around the NPO. We are their drive in so many ways. But luckily for such people, the topic is of an academic nature.

counts by what you mean of better, I vote neither because I see a new power taking charge and becoming the exact same thing as the NPO if its not them, but for some time their will be war again, which is the excitement people complained about their not being enough of so in that aspect CN not being better politically will make it a better game.

Every Hero needs an Antagonist and I for one am very happy that NPO is around and has brought 900 players into the game. And even if they weren't called "NPO" in the future, they'd still be here, no different than GOONS, \m/ and NAAC are all still around. "A rose by any other name would still smell just as sweet."

Im going to go against the grain and say that for the life of me, I can't see the so called KARMA side all attacking each other to see who will take over cn once NPO has been sufficiantly kicked down. everyone who is predicting a mass of wars in the near future due to the power vaccuum, must be seeing something i don't, WE the so named baddies are the ones making the wars happen, we are the ones doing the sneaky or morally wrong actions to annoy the rest of you and thus create enemies. Looking at the KARMA side, I just can't see you all going at it, more than likely there will be a replacement to us and our little band of followers, but it won't be a free for all to see who it will be!

the next leader of cn has in my opinion already been decided, and if im right we will see an occasional punishment of war or at least threat of war but on a minute scale as the so called good guys use diplomacy as is required of there morally supieror status.

Also i would like to take this oppurtunity to welcome FAN out of peace mode, many of us think you deserve it after all this time, and also goodbye to VOX as now that the currant tyrants are being pushed down to a position of weakness there really isn't any purpose for you anymore until our successors either follow in our footsteps or everyone calls for there downfall due to overwhelming boredom!

Well i have never and will never like seeing the disbandment of any major alliance especially ones so deeply rooted in the history of this game. I am fighting for karma because i want to see a change in who is on top but not because i want to entirely wipe out NPO the game would not be the same without them.

Is that a Dave I see?

On MY OWF? :ph34r:

EDIT:

Again, go make a topic in the Boiler Room, this is not the thread for it. Besides, you'll get a wider audience with more seasoned debaters. You've moved the topic too far off for this to be even remotely considered germane to this thread, at this point. My original post was to point out a flaw in his post in which he cites the Fall of Rome as a bad thing, and said he should make a different historical analogy, and then I explained WHY the Fall of Rome was a great thing for Europe when questioned. You derailing even that borderline off-topic subject to talking about the Enlightenment and now the merits of Democracy; which has no bearing in this discussion.

Again: Boiler Room. Now.

Edited by Tolkien

Is that a Dave I see?

On MY OWF? :ph34r:

EDIT:

Again, go make a topic in the Boiler Room, this is not the thread for it. Besides, you'll get a wider audience with more seasoned debaters. You've moved the topic too far off for this to be even remotely considered germane. my original post was to point out a flaw in his post in which he cites the Fall of Rome as a bad thing, and said he should make a different historical analogy, and then I explained WHY the Fall of Rome was a great thing for Europe. You derailing even that borderline off-topic subject to talking about the Enlightenment and now the merits of Democracy has no bearing in this discussion.

Again: Boiler Room. Now.

Weird, I know.

They can be knocked down, but they don't have to go away completely. Hell they can even rise back up. At this point, I'm really indifferent to this question, so I'm gonna eat some cake. :D

Besides, without them, New Polar Order wouldn't exist! :'(