Petition to whoever writes the wikis

Nintenderek

War of the Coalition stuff  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I don't like the name, War of the Coalition, the names Red VS BLEU War, No CB War, and the Great Polar War aren't that great either. In my opinion it's the Continuum-BLEU War because I fought for the Continuum at that time and also because the Continuum-BLEU Front was one of if not the most important fronts in the war.

No GW4 option?

I didn't put a GW option so there wouldn't be debate over if UJW was a great war or not, and if this is a great war or not, and what makes a great war. This isn't a topic about that, and if I put a GW option, it would have become one.

I didn't put a GW option so there wouldn't be debate over if UJW was a great war or not, and if this is a great war or not, and what makes a great war. This isn't a topic about that, and if I put a GW option, it would have become one.

Ok then, how about "The Spongeonic Wars"?

My thoughts exactly, considering it was big as, if not just as big as Great Wars we've seen in the past.

The war was never in dought though. BLEU + Allies never had a chance to defeat the Continuum + Allies. They were out numbered and the war was one-sided. That's why it is not Great War V. I call it the Continuum-BLEU War because I was in the Continuum at that time like I said in my previous post. Of course not everyone was in the Continuum and BLEU at that time, so I believe we should name the whole war something else.

The war was never in dought though. BLEU + Allies never had a chance to defeat the Continuum + Allies. They were out numbered and the war was one-sided. That's why it is not Great War V. I call it the Continuum-BLEU War because I was in the Continuum at that time like I said in my previous post. Of course not everyone was in the Continuum and BLEU at that time, so I believe we should name the whole war something else.

And there was a doubt in GWI?

Myself and my companions commonly refer to it as the War of Principle since the Lodge entered with full-knowledge that we were taking up arms against astronomical odds for the sake of honoring our word that we gave to our Polaris brothers through an MDP.

Wow; Mary Jane really does inspire run-on sentences. :)

I know this isn't great or anything, but me and a few others have thought of possible names. They're not great, but we thought of the names, War of Disorder and War of the Polar Storm. Like I said, they're not great, but they're at least ideas.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

And there was a doubt in GWI?

If Legion had taken the other side like they were expected to, that war would have gone a lot differently.

There was also doubt in the Unjust War aka GW4. With both sides starting fairly even in terms of NS and GOONS with their unparalleled military supremacy.

As much as I love Polaris, you can't honestly name that war "Something Polar War" since it started with Hyperion being attacked for no good reason. The "no CB war" is still the better name seeing as GGA and Valhalla made up !@#$ to lure NpO's side into a war and the Coalition didn't have a better reason than "we're fed up with your antics and since your friends are occupied, we're going to attack you"

no CB war it is.

GW1 has completely different strengths of the two sides. We can't determine is a war is a Great War on the odds, both sides had a very large and substantial force to reckon with as with the other Great Wars. Personally, I feel we need a poll to, as a community, decide if this is a great war or not.

And as for the alternative name given Nintenderek, I didn't like any of them, so I had to null me vote. :( Should have given a "none of the above" option.

War of the Coalition is an excellent name. It is a great historical reference, although perhaps a bit flawed in this case since in the actual War of the First Coalition France fought Britain, Prussia, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Sardinia, Naples, the Ottoman Empire, and the Dutch Republic, and came out ahead by enough to fight them for six more Wars of the Coalition. I can't say the same about the NpO.

that's what we want you to think ;)