30 day plan to unleash Planet Bob

Paradigm

Did you seriously expect alliance leaders to just jump on this?

No - I expected nothing of the sort

Clearly this wasnt a real plan - it was the easiet way I could think of to make a point that I thought needed to be made.

Cliff Notes:

1) Stop Whining

2) Do something about it if you dont like the direction the game has gone.

3) Cancel some treaties

4) Take a stand

5) Let the players take the game back if they can get the numbers

You dont need to wait for "Side B" to agree to the plan.

Edited by Paradigm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say spying was new or that Vox created it, christ folks like to put words in my mouth.

I contend that Vox has popularized, endorsed and condoned spying to such a point that it is much more prevalent than when you did it, thus raising levels of suspicion globally far beyond past levels.

They made being a spy the new kool kids club.

My point still stands, if Doitzel wants a reason for more intensive questioning of new players and their motives...he needs look no further than his mirror.

o/ Starfox and his twinkly eyes.

spying is no more prevalent now than it has been in the past you just now have a group that likes to be loud about the fact that they are spying since they have nothing to lose by doing so. If anything you are the one (or one of the ones) who caused this by putting so many players in a situation where they have nothing to lose and no hope of redemption in the eyes of those with power.

I did not say spying was new or that Vox created it, christ folks like to put words in my mouth.

I contend that Vox has popularized, endorsed and condoned spying to such a point that it is much more prevalent than when you did it, thus raising levels of suspicion globally far beyond past levels.

They made being a spy the new kool kids club.

My point still stands, if Doitzel wants a reason for more intensive questioning of new players and their motives...he needs look no further than his mirror.

o/ Starfox and his twinkly eyes.

What exactly does that change?

Nothing. You still admit your side also spies, albeit, without making noise.

spying is no more prevalent now than it has been in the past you just now have a group that likes to be loud about the fact that they are spying since they have nothing to lose by doing so. If anything you are the one (or one of the ones) who caused this by putting so many players in a situation where they have nothing to lose and no hope of redemption in the eyes of those with power.

You found redemption didn't you.

It hurts the offsite community. It makes offsite forums which are part of the lifeblood of the game more secretive and less enjoyable to the average player. Not that you care.

Oh, spare us the lachrymose falsities. You care exactly zero for the average player or you'd be railing against that which you so vociferously support.

I disagree with your assessment.

While spying has always existed, it was frowned upon by the vast majority, in the pre Vox era.

It is much more pervasive in todays world, not only are there far more occurrences, it is glorified.

Everyone should have hope for redemption, I do.

What exactly does that change?

Nothing. You still admit your side also spies, albeit, without making noise.

If by that, you refer to "I contend that Vox has popularized, endorsed and condoned spying to such a point that it is much more prevalent than when you did it", your answer lies in the second half of the quote, "thus raising levels of suspicion globally far beyond past levels."

Please point me to this admission.

Oh, spare us the lachrymose falsities. You care exactly zero for the average player or you'd be railing against that which you so vociferously support.

Sale on thesauruses this week? :P

If you are still looking for Tattler stories for this week, I have a scoop.....

3265.jpg

....may as well make it two weeks in a row. ;)

Paradigm, you, good sir, have spoken with a freedom that I have not seen in far too long. It is really nice to have someone state that which you have been stating in the last few of your topics. I agree that the time has come for people to throw up their hands and say that it is time to live their life, instead of trying to save time, or in this case, infrastructure, with which they can live it later. The time is never tomorrow, for tomorrow never comes. Tomorrow is always one day away. Time to live life, not wait around to see what life hits us with.

I thank you for your series of posts, they have definately enlightened me quite a bit.