30 day plan to unleash Planet Bob

Paradigm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, if NPO had the ability to get and grow a pair then this wouldn't be needed.

It's a good idea, but pixeltards will object. And pixeltards happen to be in the seat of power right now. So I'm afraid it won't happen. It's unfortunate that they realize and admit, based on the first post, their "balllessness", but still do nothing.

They're pathetic, what more can I say?

A little fickle aren't you? If we declared war then you and others are whining up and down the forums, no matter how solid the CB is. So please make up your mind which way you want it; us declaring war or not declaring war. You seem to want it both ways.

Most New Pacific Orders members that I run into and talk to love war as much as anyone and we are as attached to our "pixels" as a cat is to water.

As far as this idea, just no, planned "wars" take the fun, enthusiasm and excitement out of it. War is much more fun when there is passion involved.

Edited by Bilrow

A little fickle aren't you? If we declared war then you and others are whining up and down the forums, no matter how solid the CB is. So please make up your mind which way you want it; us declaring war or not declaring war. You seem to want it both ways.

Most New Pacific Orders members that I run into and talk to love war as much as anyone and we are as attached to our "pixels" as a cat is to water.

As far as this idea, just no, planned "wars" take the fun, enthusiasm and excitement out of it. War is much more fun when there is passion involved.

Pretty much every war in Bob's history has been planned, though I know what you meant and I agree. Hashing out polite warfare is fun for no one, because it is wanton destruction for the sake of destruction, there's no real point.

Yes yes bad idea - I get it.

"hashing out polite warfare" I'm not sure where you got that idea as that certainly wouldnt be the plan.

The reason why this thread exists is due to the math of the situation at the moment in the game.

The cold hard reality is that the PZI/EZI subject is the only cause that if everyone picked the side they are willing to back with their alliance on the line, would we end up with an interesting war.

Maybe someday those who oppose the practice will realize that by default they are helping continue the practice due to the block they have subscribed to.

The last sentence is really the last point I wanted to make and with that I wish you guys luck in the game and hope something is turned around to ebb the flow of new and old established nations crumbling to the political paralysis that exists within the game.

Edited by Paradigm

On the subject of the next great war, it isn't going to happen until people, yes, grow some balls and stop being so concerned over pixels and more concerned over their enjoyment within this game. In CN it used to be the case as it is with many other browser games, you play for fun, you raid people and have wars very often. We are nearing the point since a year from the last global war, and that gave you an epic sense of morale, energy and chaos. That is what this game needs and until the right people realise it, it won't ever happen.

As someone that you really can't call a member of the "status quo", I can't help but think this is a bad idea.

CN isn't a war game. It's a political game.

Amen that. I hope CN never turns into TE. This plan would be the death of politics. And politics is what separates CN from the dozens of idiotic nation games out there.

Look, I want a war, but the politics leading up to the war are the best part. No war at all is better than the one proposed here.

-Bama

Paradigm, let's put aside whether or not this idea is "good" for a moment.

Did you seriously expect alliance leaders to just jump on this? Their priorities are making their alliance succeed and as a leader, it's very right to have those priorities in mind. What benefit could this possibly have to make people want to do it?

If you're so bored, why do you insist on watching other people fight? Start a war yourself if that's what you want but we're not here to entertain you.

Edited by Tom Litler

I'm not to sure about the whole n00b hostility thing. If they have any cognitive thought processes at all they can and will survive.

Look at history, Farkistan came about with almost 800 n00bs in three days. It didn't go well at first, but through different avenues, some thinking "outside the box" and some with unreal determination, will and flexibility, many survived and even flourished. Some of the most influential folks around got their start there.

Did you just say there's no hostility toward new players and then cite Fark? Really?

I was here for all the invasions. Every single time there was a mass panic in the established community that the invaders would bring everything crashing to the ground, ruin the game, etc. Only one of them ever tried (one guess at who that was). The attitudes haven't changed. And for the first invasion we have in years, what happens? They're all put on essential perma-ZI because of some OOC crap that they're probably not even aware of. No no, not hostile at all!

Even individual new players are viewed with extreme suspicion. The greeting is usually an inquiry into who they're a re-roll of. The saddest part is that almost all of the active new players are re-rolls. There's no retention with the genuinely new ones.

Paradigm, let's put aside whether or not this idea is "good" for a moment.

Did you seriously expect alliance leaders to just jump on this? Their priorities are making their alliance succeed and as a leader, it's very right to have those priorities in mind. What benefit could this possibly have to make people want to do it?

If you're so bored, why do you insist on watching other people fight? Start a war yourself if that's what you want but we're not here to entertain you.

I... I think I just agreed with Tom Litler.

-Bama

...The saddest part is that almost all of the active new players are re-rolls. There's no retention with the genuinely new ones.

I'd beg to differ. Not all active new players are re-rolls. I'm certainly not. Granted, the majority likely are, but don't make such broad generalizations ^_^

I'd beg to differ. Not all active new players are re-rolls. I'm certainly not. Granted, the majority likely are, but don't make such broad generalizations ^_^

I wouldn't even say the majority are. But a good many are, yes.

-Bama

Title: 30 day plan to unleash Planet Bob

Subtitle: How we got all the BS grudges out of the way

Executive Summary:

Lets stop screwing around and play a game.

WHAT are we going to do?:

Let the troops come out and play, finally settle some grudges, allow some to live out various past vendettas, in short, get the past behind us so we can continue to build out Planet Bob for many years to come.

How could this possibly work?:

By setting up a clear goal, come to a consensus and outline clear rules for the war exercise, and a prize that would motivate people to fight for the side they choose to support.

How would it end?

When one of the two sides finally calls uncle

Why would anyone want this^!?! Without grudges, sides, and vendettas, this game is nothing. Without them, there is no political drama. You don't want a fair war with 2 sides, so it seems, but rather the masses to rise up with you against teh ebil En Pee Oh. And IRON, I guess. What you state is undesirable due to the death of the game. What you mean is impossible due to the apathy of the proles. What you are is not relevant. This cannot and should not happen. Posting this is useless.

Edit: for clarification, see sig.

Edited by zigbigadorlou

On the subject of the next great war, it isn't going to happen until people, yes, grow some balls and stop being so concerned over pixels and more concerned over their enjoyment within this game. In CN it used to be the case as it is with many other browser games, you play for fun, you raid people and have wars very often. We are nearing the point since a year from the last global war, and that gave you an epic sense of morale, energy and chaos. That is what this game needs and until the right people realise it, it won't ever happen.

The next war happens when people know their alliances war chests are big enough, end of.

let me clear something up it is the player that make a game into what it is after all was it not somw allience that came up with Zi,P-ZI and the ever controverisal E-ZI ? we made cybernations what it is today, We chose to have this ever ridiculous MDP web, the curb stomping . block and treaties, we created the idea of E-ZI because of "possible threats", and yet we supported all this...

So in the end it is not what "the man " dictates it is what the we support, sure NPO has alot of power (and no I am not targeting NPO they along with TOP and IRON are often the most targeted as sort of the puppeteers) but what we support or don't support, after all "the man" only has as much power over us if we so choose to follow.

now let the flaming begin :rolleyes:

Did you just say there's no hostility toward new players and then cite Fark? Really?

I was here for all the invasions. Every single time there was a mass panic in the established community that the invaders would bring everything crashing to the ground, ruin the game, etc. Only one of them ever tried (one guess at who that was). The attitudes haven't changed. And for the first invasion we have in years, what happens? They're all put on essential perma-ZI because of some OOC crap that they're probably not even aware of. No no, not hostile at all!

Even individual new players are viewed with extreme suspicion. The greeting is usually an inquiry into who they're a re-roll of. The saddest part is that almost all of the active new players are re-rolls. There's no retention with the genuinely new ones.

No, I did not.

Perhaps I should have been clearer.

Allow me to expand.

I said I was not sure about the whole n00b hostility thing....meaning that even if there is an initial hostility, there are ways to overcome that if you have some sense about you and, don't behave like a jackass, can be a bit creative or have the fortitude to wait it out. It is not a foregone conclusion that you cease to play.

Then I went on to cite Farkistan as such an example.

As to your second point, the bolded quote, YOU of all people, have absolutely no right to complain about a world in which individual new players are viewed with suspicion.

You created it.

It's your baby, born of the spy happy atmosphere fostered by Vox Populi and it's henchmen. It has forced alliances around the globe to be suspicious by nature to ensure their security. You and your ilk are directly responsible for this by promoting such publications as TWiP and The Tattler, which employ spies to do their dirty work.

Rocks, glass houses, etc...

I hate to say this, JayOvfEnnay, but he does have a point. Additionally, it's also naive to think that whichever side won wouldn't use it's newfound position to either continue to clobber the other side even further, or to establish their own hegemony. So as nice as this idea may seem, it just isn't going to work.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

No, I did not.

Allow me to expand.

I said I was not sure about the whole n00b hostility thing....meaning that even if there is an initial hostility, there are ways to overcome that if you have some sense about you and, don't behave like a jackass, can be a bit creative or have the fortitude to wait it out. It is not a foregone conclusion that you cease to play.

As to your second point, the bolded quote, YOU of all people, have absolutely no right to complain about a world in which individual new players are viewed with suspicion.

You created it.

It's your baby, born of the spy happy atmosphere fostered by Vox Populi and it's henchmen. It has forced alliances around the globe to be suspicious by nature to ensure their security. You and your ilk are directly responsible for this by promoting such publications as TWiP and The Tattler, which employ spies to do their dirty work.

Oh please I was spying during UJW and I know for a fact that the other side was too and I also know it goes back way further than that. spying isn't new and it certainly wasn't created by Vox, they are just loud about it but trust me friends and enemies alike have been spying since well before Vox was even a twinkle in Starfox's eye.

If I was cheery it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. ;)

If I could take a guess, the majority are newer players. Atleast, the ones I run into think so. hose new guys that thing they're awesome for being able to ZI a guy with 5 other people to help and countless sources of aid. They have no clue. There are NPO'ers I have respect for and some of those are the OLDER players who have been through more and actually understand how things work. To those I currently fight at the bottom of the pole, they continue to fuel my hate of NPO. Besides that, they make me want to bathe the man who created 1337 speak in a tub of his own urine. Seriously, the next guy that uses 1337 speak during his attacks on me is who I will focus on and attack for the remainder of my days on Planet Bob.

Being that you've been in NPO for so long you probably have no concept of this, but as the OP is saying, the wager on this war could be anything from the abolosihment of EZI to freeing of several loose AA's.

To free the AA's of the UJP would be my second most passionate, enthusiastic war ever. I doubt I'm the only one.

---

Also, RV agreeing with Bilrow? AAAPPPOOOCCCAAALLLYYYPPPSSSEEE!!!11!

/me invests in canned goods, mumbling about Colbert.

Oh please I was spying during UJW and I know for a fact that the other side was too and I also know it goes back way further than that. spying isn't new and it certainly wasn't created by Vox, they are just loud about it but trust me friends and enemies alike have been spying since well before Vox was even a twinkle in Starfox's eye.

I did not say spying was new or that Vox created it, christ folks like to put words in my mouth.

I contend that Vox has popularized, endorsed and condoned spying to such a point that it is much more prevalent than when you did it, thus raising levels of suspicion globally far beyond past levels.

They made being a spy the new kool kids club.

My point still stands, if Doitzel wants a reason for more intensive questioning of new players and their motives...he needs look no further than his mirror.

o/ Starfox and his twinkly eyes.

No, I did not.

Allow me to expand.

You created it.

The community was suspicious of rerolls long before Vox came around.