30 day plan to unleash Planet Bob

Paradigm

Title: 30 day plan to unleash Planet Bob

Subtitle: How we got all the BS grudges out of the way

Preface:

If you already think you might like this plan, and are easily disappointed when something potentially cool does not happen, stop reading now.

If you care about your infrastructure pixels in a unhealthy manner, stop reading now.

Executive Summary:

Lets stop screwing around and play a game.

WHAT are we going to do?:

Let the troops come out and play, finally settle some grudges, allow some to live out various past vendettas, in short, get the past behind us so we can continue to build out Planet Bob for many years to come.

How could this possibly work?:

By setting up a clear goal, come to a consensus and outline clear rules for the war exercise, and a prize that would motivate people to fight for the side they choose to support.

How would it end?

When one of the two sides finally calls uncle

What then?

White peace - no BS, no POW terms, no viceroys, no secret terms - whether its a nation bowing out of the exercise, or an alliance, or the last to stand on a given side.

What exactly are you proposing?

If under some absurd parallel universe everyone could agree to such a war-game it would look like this.

P1) An initial period of debate where the specific exercise rules are hashed out to satisfy the individual wishes of various alliances in order for their participation.

P2) The signups - Alliances signup for the side they are going to fight for OR declare that they are reserving one of the N # wildcard spots. (first come first serve)

P3) Once this initial 15 day chess game of alliances declaring a side is over, a new 15 day planning period will begin.

P4) During this second 15 day period the two sides will coordinate target lists, strategies, tactics, and timing.

P5) Also during this time period any alliance that reserved a wildcard spot must express to ONE side that they will be fighting with them (in private) Once a wildcard has met this pre-requisite they can act in public on the forums that they support ANY SIDE, even if its not the side they are committed to fight along side.

P6) A wild card alliance can wait till the final day of this second 15 day period if they really want to live on the edge and don’t mind the initial crossfire and confusion that would take place. (After the confusion these wars would need to be peaced out ASAP to not be war slot filling.)

P7) Then the starting bell is rung and the game is on.

Then What?:

What will happen?

Will one side have decided that playing an offensive war is the right strategy?

Will one go off with a massive nuclear first strike?

Or will a period of competing game strategies go through a stale mate period of building forum tensions waiting for the other side to crack?

What are the stakes?

An end to the games BS, chosen by the players, an exercise in might makes right.

How do we define sides? What makes sense that people could rally behind?

I guess we need to start off with a basic foundation so people can pick a side and we can define the prize.

hmmm what comes to mind..........

Lets say we have a side A, and a Side B.

For the sake of discussion, let’s put someone on Side B to get things started.

I don’t know....how about NPO and IRON are both on side B.

What about my precious treaties and current safety living under my mega block in this game?

Don’t worry, it will still be there when the excersise is all over.

ITEM9 - What about alliance XXXX? can they play?

For the period of the exercise:

GATO would be free

NAAC would be free

FAN would be free

XXXX would be free

Can GPA or any other neutral alliance come out and play and return to a neutral game after the exercise? Sure if they want

What about AID slot usage?

Any person on ANY side can freely use a nations AID slots in any manner they wish.

Want to continue ongoing tech deals? go for it

Want to aid the nation on the other side so they will buy some more airplanes? go for it

What happens if SIDE A wins?

ITEM9 stays in effect and the practice of EZI is abolished from Planet Bob

What happens if SIDE B wins?

I don’t know - what would Side B want as the price for Victory?

Does the author understand that no one has the balls to do this?

14nlbsy.jpg

Yes, yes I do.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone that you really can't call a member of the "status quo", I can't help but think this is a bad idea.

CN isn't a war game. It's a political game.

In CN, one can not exist with out the other. The politics of CN can not exist with out war. The war in CN can not exist with out the politics.

In CN, one can not exist with out the other. The politics of CN can not exist with out war. The war in CN can not exist with out the politics.

The war is an extension of politics, not the other way around. My point stands, war for the sake of war has no place here.

I've always wondered about a more ritualised duel format. I was told rather quickly how it wouldn't go over, and it'd only take one (especially on the 'losing' side) being a sore whatever to bring this all down.

And of course there might be the issue if side B turns out to be 3/4 of the planet's military might.

One last issue is ... well, enforcing the stakes. You put that side A would get to abolish the hated XZI sentences. Would they be as willing to give up the ZIPP if side B said to?

The war is an extension of politics, not the other way around. My point stands, war for the sake of war has no place here.

Something needs to happen to rebalance the game. A hyper-destructive war that levels the playing field a bit so that newer players and organisations can gain ground and inject fresh blood into the political system would be ideal. As it is, though, this game highly favours the older nations and alliances because there's no counterweight to what has become essentially endless growth in the existing structure. That is probably why the game has such a huge turnover rate -- sure, we're "growing" in numbers again, but none of those newly created nations stay very long because this is a highly newb-hostile community and an even more newb-hostile game.

But how would those politics exist with out war?

That's like saying a a man couldn't survive without a house to live in. While true, it's irrelevant because the house is built by the man. Despite the mutual dependency, it is the man who is more important.

Something needs to happen to rebalance the game. A hyper-destructive war that levels the playing field a bit so that newer players and organisations can gain ground and inject fresh blood into the political system would be ideal. As it is, though, this game highly favours the older nations and alliances because there's no counterweight to what has become essentially endless growth in the existing structure. That is probably why the game has such a huge turnover rate -- sure, we're "growing" in numbers again, but none of those newly created nations stay very long because this is a highly newb-hostile community and an even more newb-hostile game.

In the end, whether we like it or not, CN is what it is. If we want something different, we are better served looking elsewhere.

In the end, whether we like it or not, CN is what it is.

A community of people with very real control over their own community as well as significant influence with the game's creator who implicitly asks our input and recommendations for how the game can be made better, given it's in Beta? Yes, I agree, that's what CN is.

Heh, if NPO had the ability to get and grow a pair then this wouldn't be needed.

It's a good idea, but pixeltards will object. And pixeltards happen to be in the seat of power right now. So I'm afraid it won't happen. It's unfortunate that they realize and admit, based on the first post, their "balllessness", but still do nothing.

They're pathetic, what more can I say?

We've actually been shrinking again for a while, we'll be below 30k nations again within the next few days

We've actually been shrinking again for a while, we'll be below 30k nations again within the next few days

The boost was Jarheads and they're currently being run out of the game. So yeah, I guess what Doitzel said about the game currently being overly hostile towards newbs was correct.

The boost was Jarheads and they're currently being run out of the game. So yeah, I guess what Doitzel said about the game currently being overly hostile towards newbs was correct.

I'm not to sure about the whole n00b hostility thing. If they have any cognitive thought processes at all they can and will survive.

Look at history, Farkistan came about with almost 800 n00bs in three days. It didn't go well at first, but through different avenues, some thinking "outside the box" and some with unreal determination, will and flexibility, many survived and even flourished. Some of the most influential folks around got their start there.

Now if you are going to begin your tenure with forum attacks (jarheads first and second incarnation) and or the "let's build up and go out with a bang" attitude (freak safari)....chances are good your not gonna make it.

Most of the competent new alliances end up with a protector until they get a foothold, seems to be a readily available option.

Some here, usually the current downtrodden, do like to use this as a rallying cry however, but that is more to further their own agenda and less about the overall health of the community.

As to the OP...it's a charming idea but never gonna happen. Far to many not willing to let go of personal grudges...on both fronts.

That's like saying a a man couldn't survive without a house to live in. While true, it's irrelevant because the house is built by the man. Despite the mutual dependency, it is the man who is more important.

I can't really argue with that analogy, because it's missing a crucial point. In Cybernations, you can't have politics with out war, because if something goes wrong in politics, you back it up with war. How do you think so many of today's alliances got to the top? The used words and backed it up with their guns. However, that war can not exist with out the politics to start it. This is all why the other game everyone played first failed so badly.

Heh, if NPO had the ability to get and grow a pair then this wouldn't be needed.

It's a good idea, but pixeltards will object. And pixeltards happen to be in the seat of power right now. So I'm afraid it won't happen. It's unfortunate that they realize and admit, based on the first post, their "balllessness", but still do nothing.

They're pathetic, what more can I say?

Not pathetic, just female. We don't need balls to do what is needed.

But yeah, carry on crying. We need more whine with our cheese.

Edited by Litha Riddle