Vatican Central News

Holy See

Vatican City Completed

Today, Pope Paul VII declares the completion of Vatican City. "The Christian Capital of the world stands as a world wonder in the eyes of many, an architectual wonder with beautiful artwork dressing its interiors. The city itself, is a grand artwork painted by our powerful faith. This day will be remembered by all and should be a day of celebration for the Christian world."

Pope-John.jpg

vatican-city2.jpg

st-peters-basilica-vatican-city.jpg

vatican-city.jpg

Edited by Holy See

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Father World Tour

His Holy Father Pope Paul VII is begining preparations for a global tour, to meet with world leaders personally, become familiar with "the faces of the globe", and become informed on current world affairs.

The Pope requires formal invitations to meet with whomever wishes to meet with him, and the visiting order will be decided on a first come first serve basis. Vatican hands stand ready to recieve invitations now.

Edited by Holy See

President Daniel Jackson is interested in meeting with Pope Paul VII at any time of his choosing, so long as the meeting is arranged at least a day in advance.

Letter to Promised Land President, Daniel Jackson

Promised land will be the first visited by the Pope once the tour has begun. The tour will begin in 2 days, we prey that this is ample notice for you, Mr. President.

Sincirely,

Vatican Secretary of State

Edited by Holy See

Holy Father World Tour

His Holy Father Pope Paul VII is begining preparations for a global tour, to meet with world leaders personally, become familiar with "the faces of the globe", and become informed on current world affairs.

The Pope requires formal invitations to meet with whomever wishes to meet with him, and the visiting order will be decided on a first come first serve basis. Vatican hands stand ready to recieve invitations now.

Holy Father,

I want to extend a welcome to you to come to the Hanseatic Commonwealth with open arms. The majority of our population is Roman Catholic and for too long they have awaited the return of the true Holy Mother Church to its center in Rome. A visit from Your Holiness would be a bless to men and all the citizens of my state. Please let me know sometime in advance when you will be arriving in Brisbane and I will personally see to it that you are taken care off in the highest fashion and the utmost respect.

Your Eternal Servant,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

Letter to Promised Land President, Daniel Jackson

Promised land will be the first visited by the Pope once the tour has begun. The tour will begin in 2 days, we prey that this is ample notice for you, Mr. President.

Sincirely,

Reply:

Yes, it is certainly ample notice. His Holiness will be treated with all respect due to a man of his calling.

~Daniel Jackson

- Note from Canada -

Should the Pope desire to visit Canada, we'd gladly welcome him in our nation. We are officially non-theistic, though the practise of religion is allowed, and there are some christians in our nation that would be quite happy to see their Pope.

- Chairman Fjodor Leclerc

(OOC: Religion's allowed in my nation, but quite discouraged. Practising any religion requires registering, which in turn results in some additional taxes and other hidden disadvantages. Still, there's people practising it.)

Holy Father,

I want to extend a welcome to you to come to the Hanseatic Commonwealth with open arms. The majority of our population is Roman Catholic and for too long they have awaited the return of the true Holy Mother Church to its center in Rome. A visit from Your Holiness would be a bless to men and all the citizens of my state. Please let me know sometime in advance when you will be arriving in Brisbane and I will personally see to it that you are taken care off in the highest fashion and the utmost respect.

Your Eternal Servant,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

Sarah,

I accept your warm invitation. I am glad to have played such a role in the creation of the Vatican that many of your people have waited so long for. But without you and others, this dream could have never materialized. I will not send my blessings, rather I will bring them. Your great nation is second on my tour and I hope to see you in two days if that is ample time.

With Eternal Love,

Pope Paul VII

- Note from Canada -

Should the Pope desire to visit Canada, we'd gladly welcome him in our nation. We are officially non-theistic, though the practise of religion is allowed, and there are some christians in our nation that would be quite happy to see their Pope.

- Chairman Fjodor Leclerc

(OOC: Religion's allowed in my nation, but quite discouraged. Practising any religion requires registering, which in turn results in some additional taxes and other hidden disadvantages. Still, there's people practising it.)

I will gladly arrange my visit to your nation, you will be third on my tour. I am glad to see that you have been gracious enough to allow the faith to be practiced within your country, and hopefully one day we will see even more liberties allowed for the practice of religion. I can schedule my visit to eb in 3 days if this is fine.

Good Friend,

Pope Paul VII

His Holiness has a standing open invitation to come to Taeunas at anytime. Facilities at St. Patricks Cathedral in Dublin are being expanded for any needs the Pope may have.

The Pope happily accepts this invitation. Your nation with be the forth stop on his world tour. Thank you for making an effort to ensure the Pope is confortable on his visit.

Sincerely,

Andonia would like to ask if the pope would like to visit us to discuss theology with the Archhalaon of the Andonain Temple.

The Pope will be able to atend this discussion within 5 days. If that time is not ample time for preparations, we can reschedule. Although the Pope is busy with several other invitations and cannot personally answer them all, he is happy to recieve your invitation and will gladly attend your discussion.

Sincerely,

Edited by Holy See

Sarah,

I accept your warm invitation. I am glad to have played such a role in the creation of the Vatican that many of your people have waited so long for. But without you and others, this dream could have never materialized. I will not send my blessings, rather I will bring them. Your great nation is second on my tour and I hope to see you in two days if that is ample time.

With Eternal Love,

Pope Paul VII

Two days will be fine and we anxiously await your arrival in the Commonwealth.

Vatican Proposes Concordat to World Nations

The Holy See has proposed a Concordat allowing Vatican missionaries access to all of the world's nations. The Concordat is proposed to all nations individually meaning some may not accept missionaries, while others do. Tranportation to and from the nations in agreement can be paid for by Vatican City. The second part of the Concordat requests partial state funding of Catholic owned institutions, in return the Vatican will manage and fund institutions such as orphanages, hospices, and churches.

Missionaries may be subject to full background checks, and any necessary searches required by the nation they are dispached to. If a Vatican missionary is accused of any crime an investigation will be undertaken by the Holy See, and if found guilty by nation and Vatican their sentence will be carried out in Vatican City. Depending on the severity of their crime they may no longer be allowed to represent a Vatican mission to any country.

Edited by Holy See

140px-Coat_of_arms_of_Azerbaijan_SSR.png

The Azerbaijani Republic will let Vatican missionaries enter the nation, but if any of them will commit a crime on Azeri soil, nothing but Azeri courts will judge and eventually punish them according to the law of the Azerbaijani Republic. The Republic also recognizes freedom of religion, but we beleive religion is part of the citizens' private sphere, we do not use taxes to fund private religious institutions. Each religious institution must provide its own funds with legal activities, including their own donations, and be aware that the Law of the Azerbaijani Republic always comes first.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Azerbaijani Republic

People's Commissar Saftar Jafarov

The Holy See has proposed a Concordat allowing Vatican missionaries access to all of the world's nations. The Concordat is proposed to all nations individually meaning some may not accept missionaries, while others do. Tranportation to and from the nations in agreement can be paid for by Vatican City. The second part of the Concordat requests partial state funding of Catholic owned institutions, in return the Vatican will manage and fund institutions such as orphanages, hospices, and churches.

Missionaries may be subject to full background checks, and any necessary searches required by the nation they are dispached to. If a Vatican missionary is accused of any crime an investigation will be undertaken by the Holy See, and if found guilty by nation and Vatican their sentence will be carried out in Vatican City. Depending on the severity of their crime they may no longer be allowed to represent a Vatican mission to any country.

Greater Aotearoa has placed a large effort on freeing the minds of its people from brainwashed indoctrination, whether it be the state based praise of old Wellington, or the fantasy of religion, and so we will be denying all missionaries access to our nation, and those that sneak in and are found will be charged with spreading propaganda for a hostile state. We have serious penalties for those people attempting to subvert our people and culture for their own ends.

The Marscurian Empire forbids missionaries upon our soil. It is nothing against Catholicism, we just view religion as a sacred covenant between a person and the almighty, and it is not something to be taken lightly. If people want to convert, they will do so after thoroughly researching and learning about a religion, and not solely from the words of a missionary.

Canada will be accepting Vatican citizens to build a mission in the international zone around the Ferinh Airport, though they will have to apply for either permanent passes or citizenship (in the latter case, they would have to rescind Vatican citizenship) to be allowed to stay longer than 2 months. They will be allowed to hand out pamphlets, but visiting citizens to convert them or talking to them for several minutes on the street for the same purpose is unfortunately unlawful in Canada. The Vatican missionaries would have to restrict themselves to handing out pamphlets and talking to people within the building for their mission, which will be given to them.

Before there are accusations of discrimination, every religion is treates similarly. We simply want to ensure that our people are not forced to join a religion.

Promised Land, as always, permits missionaries of nay faith in its borders. We cannot in good faith give state funds to any purely religiously-oriented institutions, though we will gladly help fund hospices and orphanages.

We would be glad to let Vatican missionaries accused of crimes be tried and sentenced in Vatican City, though we ask that a member of our judiciary system be allowed to sit in on any such trials and make reccomendations.

Statement from the Department of Foreign Affairs

Following Emergency Legislation 36 the Vatican has no special privileges in Bosporan as such missionaries will be accepted but they will have to pay the rent for the ground as any other citizen and will not be granted Immunity should one commit a crime he will be arrested, detained and the verdict carried out in Bosporan. In addition the State will not fund any religion following it's policy accepting all. Funding would give this one an advantage