A joint GRAN/TGE announcement

So, you would make screenshots of every package of aid your alliance is sending? Im sure thats not the way GRAN rolls and it shouldn't be the way to roll at all. This is all about trust, and about trusting to get all of your investments back in the exact way that was agreed to by both parties before even entering said deal.

I do wish now that I had taken record of my aid received. But the thing to remember here is that GRAN adamantly defends that they do have evidence of what aid I received. So why don't we all just skip this trust issue and get on with facts and payment?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[...]

I never tried to make myself relevant. I took the behind the scenes and rather quiet job of organizing tech within GRAN. It was certainly not I who made this thread so if you have a problem with people making threads about stuff that the CN public probably doesn't care about, talk to the thread creator.

[...]

I remember a certain treaty cancellation.

I do wish now that I had taken record of my aid received. But the thing to remember here is that GRAN adamantly defends that they do have evidence of what aid I received. So why don't we all just skip this trust issue and get on with facts and payment?

Okay, I would love to see that then.

An alliance, at least one with a decent econ department, should be keeping track of any and all government sponsored aid transactions, even if only to make sure that everything is proceeding smoothly in a deal and that no one claims they haven't received the money they were due. Screenshots for every transaction aren't necessary, just some record. (OOC: A google spreadsheet works well)

So, you would make screenshots of every package of aid your alliance is sending? Im sure thats not the way GRAN rolls and it shouldn't be the way to roll at all. This is all about trust, and about trusting to get all of your investments back in the exact way that was agreed to by both parties before even entering said deal.

Since they're trying to extort an ex-member who had issues with the way things were run in GRAN, I can't say I really trust the numbers they put up. They changed their charter so ex-members had to pay back twice the money they recieved, only after Captain Flinders was already talking with outworld about leaving GRAN.

An alliance, at least one with a decent econ department, should be keeping track of any and all government sponsored aid transactions, even if only to make sure that everything is proceeding smoothly in a deal and that no one claims they haven't received the money they were due. Screenshots for every transaction aren't necessary, just some record. (OOC: A google spreadsheet works well)

I totally agree. But a spreadsheet might be disputed (could be edited to anyone's linking) - screenshots can not (thats quite a bit harder). Those are the only watertight forms of evidence nowadays - something I regret, I like to believe in trust rather then hard evidence.

Edited by erikz

1. He tried to overthrow TGE's government a couple months ago. So what? What's in the past is in the past, this is just revenge on TGE's part

2. He is a reroll of a very unpopular person. So what? What's in the past is in the past, this is just grasping at straws for a valid CB. Which you don't have.

3. Stole $60million from GRAN. He said he'll pay it back and you know, judging by what I've seen from him around here, he seems respectable and worthy of a chance. $60mil, if its even that amount which I highly doubt it, won't be very easy to pay back.

Such pathetic excuses... tsk tsk. I think TGE and GRAN just need more negative publicity. Good job. :rolleyes:

Best of luck, Flinders.

And this from the man who, ghosting TGE, attacked another alliance, and should probably be on at least 2 ZI lists that I can think of.

Tsk, tsk. I thought you had turned over a new leaf. <_<

Nothing like a good "who are you" to make yourself feel important.

And really....requesting sanctions? Very weak.

I'm not sure who I believe less in this whole sordid affair. There is a whole lot of "lack of credibility" going around.

probably so he cant get more nukes?

Are you implying Argent has something to do with Captain Flinders? That is how I read it, and I don't care for the implication.

I'm not quite sure how you inferred that I was referring to Argent, but that would be an incorrect reading, Sir, and I apologize if what I wrote seemed anything more than a blanket statement.

Edited by Valdemar

probably so he cant get more nukes?

I do not intend to fight if I can at all help it. Sanctions this early in the negotiations are a very disappointing move especially to my poor trade partners that I only just organized a couple weeks ago. Some are going to lose upwards of 50 million if this cannot be resolved soon and I do feel very sorry for that even though it is largely out of my hands.

From the OP...

...flinders was given...

I am amused.

How can one steal something that was given? Even if he did leave, he left. Oh well. He promised to pay it back by signing the thing and they should give him a deadline to pay what he owed (which I highly doubt is $60mil, that's way over exaggerating), even though clearly by the wording, he's not obligated to pay it back since he was given and/or donated this money, not loaned or borrowed.

Last I checked... given/donated doesn't equal loan/borrowed.

Even if someone betrayed you and ran off with only half the money returned to its righteous owner?

They wouldn't get very far if I were involved.

I think this mess is just GRAN and TGE bored as heck. A shame Flinders has to be the out for the boredom.

Both should be ashamed for what they are doing. TGE for dogpiling and a revenge kick ... and GRAN for well, making an absurd change to their charter and very poor wording on a CB.

Edited by Balsamic Vinegar

I totally agree. But a spreadsheet might be disputed (could be edited to anyone's linking) - screenshots can not (thats quite a bit harder). Those are the only watertight forms of evidence nowadays - something I regret, I like to believe in trust rather then hard evidence.

Usually those sort of records indicate the last time they were altered.

Oh, the drama llama has found my good friends in GRAN.

Good times.

Outworld and Alaric, you know we've always got your collective backs. This Captain Flinders guy sounds like a real winner.

Oh, and for clarity, $33 =/= $60. That's just simple math. :D

Good times.

Outworld and Alaric, you know we've always got your collective backs. This Captain Flinders guy sounds like a real winner.

thats what i said...

Don't get me wrong with this post, I do think Flinders deserves his fate laid before him by Gran. I guess I've been out of the loop for too long, but why is TGE involved at this stage in this? Flinders hasn't been in TGE for a while, isn't he now Gran's responsibility? Were we just brought back in because of our past relationship with him?

Again, Flinders knows he deserves to be on a few ZI lists. I think if he was truthful he would admit that himself. But I don't think at this point TGE should be involved, we've moved on and I thought we put Flinders behind us.

Vlad

Don't get me wrong with this post, I do think Flinders deserves his fate laid before him by Gran. I guess I've been out of the loop for too long, but why is TGE involved at this stage in this? Flinders hasn't been in TGE for a while, isn't he now Gran's responsibility? Were we just brought back in because of our past relationship with him?

Again, Flinders knows he deserves to be on a few ZI lists. I think if he was truthful he would admit that himself. But I don't think at this point TGE should be involved, we've moved on and I thought we put Flinders behind us.

Vlad

Well stick me in a dress and call me sally, I never thought I'd find myself in wholehearted agreement with Vlad. Especially in a mess of a situation like this. I certainly don't believe I should be on any ZI lists. The rest is good stuff though.

Good times.

o/ conner :wub:

o/VA :wub:

we love you guys too

yes we love the drama llama infact this will be the first time we reach a hundred replies in a GRAN thread.

like to give a shout out to flinders, youmaka, and all the other wonderful players that helped us reach this achievement party at #GRAN beer is on us.....unless your flinders we aint picking up your tab anymore we got you on collections.

Edited by germanicus

o/ conner :wub:

o/VA :wub:

we love you guys too

yes we love the drama llama infact this will be the first time we reach a hundred replies in a GRAN thread.

like to give a shout out to flinders, youmaka, and all the other wonderful trolls that helped us reach this achievement party at #GRAN beer is on us.....unless your flinders we aint picking up your tab anymore we got you on collections.

LOL TO PEACE MODE

Wow, screwed us and stole 60 million.... too bad destroying him won't bring back the money/tech :(

Well, GRAN will still be able to loot some of that tech and cash while carrying out the ZI sentence so it's not a *complete* loss, though still a loss none the less.

Unfortunate but not a surprise. Have fun, you two. :popcorn: