Question about the Federal Aid Commission

Enimecnegnev

I don't know if this has been asked in the past or not, but I got what I think is a legitmate question. Does the Federal Aid Commission only increase the amount of cash a nation can send or does it apply to tech and soldiers as well? I know both the sending nation and the receiving nation have to have the FAC for it to matter. Can someone clear this up for me?

Federal Aid Commission - $25,000,000 - Raises the cap on foreign money aid +50% provided that the foreign aid recipient also has a Federal Aid Commission wonder.

It's just the money...

• 2 weeks later...
Just money PROVIDED the recipient ALSO has a Federal Aid Commission. So, unless you are an old and fat nation, this wonder is useless to you. Since only about 30+ nations have it, it is COMPLETELY a waste of money.

only reason to have it is when it is the last thing you have to buy(maybe before fallout thing) in hopes that admin is going to change it into something different

Yeah, I used to think it was tech and soldiers too, then I was told otherwise.

Would have probably resulted in alliances who constantly feed their top nation(s) tech to have 6 small nations buy an FAC and then feed the top nation 75 tech at a time.

I'll be buying this wonder soon because there are only a few left for me. Is there a way to search for nations that have it so I can find a tech seller or two? IIRC there was at least one seller who bought it.

My opinion would be that you are wasting your money. I'd rather take the $25 million and add to my warchest. Heck, buying $25 million of extra tech would be better, IMO (yes, I know it's crazy expensive to buy your own tech, but at least you'd get some sort of ROI).

The difference is that if you opt for the batch of tech or infra or the expanded warchest, you get value. With the FAC, you get nothing at present.

I will concede the point that $25 million isn't alot of money for a large nation. It buys a small batch of tech when purchased by the nation owner directly, a small amount of infra, or adds a small amount of cash to the warchest - the other option is to buy a useless wonder in hopes that the wonder is fixed eventually. A wonder that (if it is fixed) can be purchased immediately if you've ran out of other wonders to buy.

In the scope of things, $25 million isn't worth arguing over. It would be <2% of my surplus (and would be much less for many others in TOP). To paraphrase on old saying, though: $25 million here, $25 million there and pretty soon you're talking real money.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by AAlumni

The only real uses that I can see for it are in these circumstances

-A large nation buys one, and a small nation buys one, it is then used to help boost the small nation up further. Although this seems rather weak as the small nation is probably better off getting another wonder with it's own income

-A large nation is knocked down to near or at Zero Infrastructure and a large, intact nation can then funnel extra cash to boost the weakened nation back up

Either way I would get it when I run out of wonders to buy, but I doubt it will ever really be necessary

From everything here, I actually would advise holding off if it's the last wonder available to you. Gives you some flexibility, especially if you buy it on day 1, and day 2 Admin rolls out a sweet new wonder.

The only real uses that I can see for it are in these circumstances

-A large nation buys one, and a small nation buys one, it is then used to help boost the small nation up further. Although this seems rather weak as the small nation is probably better off getting another wonder with it's own income

-A large nation is knocked down to near or at Zero Infrastructure and a large, intact nation can then funnel extra cash to boost the weakened nation back up

Either way I would get it when I run out of wonders to buy, but I doubt it will ever really be necessary

But you see a small nation would never be able to afford the wonder in the first place. Unless 30 million was funneled in just to buy the wonder, and even then it would be a very poor investment.

Tbh, I only ever see it useful in some hypothetical post-apocalytpic CN days when all us big nations are beat down to the ground and some extra money would be slightly more useful.