CNRP Tech scale

LeVentNoir

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want a game were people will not godmod. and one way of doing that is to make people use real technology that is actually physically possible to make. Base the game in reality and it will be realistic, simple as that.

For a normal honest player this should have minimal effect, If they want a particular model of tank in their army then all they need to do is look up that tanks name on google find out what year it was first made then check that against their RP tech year.

But if you want a auto-win sci-fi superweapon then you will be hard pressed to find sources because if they were possible they would already exist. You will have to content yourself will a mere "Tsar Bomba" and be happy with it.

A source need not be hard to obtain either, a link to several sources from a wikipedia article would be sufficient in most cases.

Hint: it is the bit at the bottom that says References.

Wikipedia is a good starting point to do research to get a basic background on a subject, but if you want creditability then you need to look deeper.

If someone does not have the brains to actually do some minimal research then they should perhaps consider playing "Hello Kitty adventure island" rather than a nation simulator RP.

So you guys want this game to become so complicated that only self-important, pseudo-intelligent college students can use it?

This !@#$%^&* that we call CNRP isn't even CNRP. It's just a place for people with knowledge and in-game power to showcase their own.

Oh, and I'm not going to know anymore about 1945 tech than I do about 2002 tech. Plain and simple. Think about it, 13 year olds could be playing this game, and you guys want to introduce a setting where they have to research all their !@#$? If you think that, you're a heartless dick. You're ruining this game, and you should leave.

Truth.

The simple truth, and I agree.

So you guys want this game to become so complicated that only self-important, pseudo-intelligent college students can use it?

This !@#$%^&* that we call CNRP isn't even CNRP. It's just a place for people with knowledge and in-game power to showcase their own.

Oh, and I'm not going to know anymore about 1945 tech than I do about 2002 tech. Plain and simple. Think about it, 13 year olds could be playing this game, and you guys want to introduce a setting where they have to research all their !@#$? If you think that, you're a heartless dick. You're ruining this game, and you should leave.

I raise my glass to you, for speaking the truth we all want to!

(I then throw it at Martens for unrelated reasons)

I back it as well.

Edited by JerreyRough

I am going to be patient with all of you. Vince, consider this your one and only verbal warning.

As for the REST of you feeding the fires...stop. This community is (at least, it was in my time) a haven from the constant bickering and moaning of CN. Go to IRC and talk it out, have a heart-to-heart, curse each other out OFF FORUM. Don't bring that mess here.