CNRP Tech scale

LeVentNoir

I'm wondering. People are ok with the tech year equation, then complain that people who have post present tech make up new things, and then shoot them all down.

I propose that a linear equation be used, starting at 1950, and ending next year, 2010

This gives us 60 years, and if we put a limit of 6000 tech, we get, one year per 100 tech.

So, Tech Year = IGTech / 100 + 1950.

Yes, this will put small nations into the early 50's, and we will have to cut / ditch post modern tech, however, this will let us have room for expansion, and people can use technology which exists in the real world and we know how it works.

Yes, some of the features form the game will not be available to you, however, we all know the game has its tech scale bung.

Thoughts?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome I can be condenmned to the depths of 1950 for as long as 1000 tech takes! Radical!! Let me get my pocket protector and grease my hair back.

And after that I can spend the next thousand in 1960!

Edit: Oh that is extreme sarcasm at how bad this idea is. :v:

Edited by Tahsir Re

I have no problem if anyone else chooses to follow this scale.

I, however, will not. I have spent too much time developing my nation to what it is now, and Im not going to redo it all just to fit yet another tech scale I wont recognize. Hell I don't even follow the current one, and Ive still managed to be perfectly reasonable about my tech.

Sorry lvn :(

Sure, then exactly none of you have any ground to stand on to complain about people making new, fictional weapons / hardware. Unless you are willing to play to a less advanced standard, accept whatever people can come up with.

Sure, then exactly none of you have any ground to stand on to complain about people making new, fictional weapons / hardware. Unless you are willing to play to a less advanced standard, accept whatever people can come up with.

I must say as much as I would personally like to play at a more advanced age, LVN makes an excellent point. There often seems to be a desire for there to be limiting at the top end, but those at the bottom end never wanna share that burden.

People at the bottom end are limited. They are limited to real-life equipment, something that is analogous to real-life equipment (a fictional tank that's equal in capability to a real one), or something that a player with some knowledge (Uberstein, Ford) designs.

I would really like a tech scale that used either modern tech or lower. It is quite anoying when people either make up technolgoy, or use technology that may or may not work. Some of these technologies maybe will be used. Maybe. But we may find out unforseen flaws, it will most likely be too costly/not effective for the cost of production (one super-tank or 50 tanks? Making million dollar battlesuits for ANY of your thousands of troops?), etc.

It esspecially bugs me when people try to get the "cool" possible future weapons, and not what will probebly be the "next major weapons", like the airbourne laser cannon; that thing alone could sink ANY battleship by firing for a few seconds at the base. I know some people use it, but many people with high-tech just go for the "cool" concept weapons.

EDIT: I like the CNRPS tech-scale better. Please note that you don't need to go as far back as myself.

Edited by JerreyRough

That's been outlawed by the mods.

What? When? Its already flying around in Real Life, and I've seen RP having "some" (they are alot of money to make).

...So something that is powerful and is confirmed to WORK is not allowed, while other technology's that may work, may not, or work-but-it-would-be-too-costly are allowed?

What? When? Its already flying around in Real Life, and I've seen RP having "some" (they are alot of money to make).

...So something that is powerful and is confirmed to WORK is not allowed, while other technology's that may work, may not, or work-but-it-would-be-too-costly are allowed?

That this has a hard time burning through a few mm of thin missile skin, its never going to burn through a foot of armour