CNRP Tech scale

LeVentNoir

Considering you yourself have RP'd lasers with high-rates of aircraft intercept, LVN, I think the concept is possible.

Not to forget Lavo's air-based laser that destroys a tank by overheating it. it is actually a real concept--I dunno if they're using it yet, but it is in production.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really affect me as I have usually dumbed-down my tech in RP compared to what I have in-game. The only thing modern I probably have is my air force (which matches what I have in-game).

I dunno, never really felt the urge or desire to have an over-the-top über-modern military. I find it farfetched that Boers would have Tripods or giant laser beams that can slice biltong from outer space...

Doesn't really affect me as I have usually dumbed-down my tech in RP compared to what I have in-game. The only thing modern I probably have is my air force (which matches what I have in-game).

I dunno, never really felt the urge or desire to have an over-the-top über-modern military. I find it farfetched that Boers would have Tripods or giant laser beams that can slice biltong from outer space...

Biltongs?

I think the only real problem here is that people don't know how to RP the defense from a certain weapon, so they say $%&@ that, that should be banned. This is why nobody complains until they are in a war with it. I still see no reasons why mechs should be banned, other than the fact that people are clever, and cleverness should be banned in RP.

Honestly, I think LVN should have his railguns and gauss guns or whatever. I've taken some though, and why not let Ubie have his cobalt? Why can't we have a massive flying aircraft carrier? Really, let us have our imagination. This is why people created CNRPS, to create races and things that can't be created in CNRP.

There LVN, there's why I think people need to stop complaining. Because those who do are uncreative, or they're jealous that they can't think of anything like that themselves. Someone creates an unstoppable device? Create something that stops it. If you take the imagination out of RP, you've taken all that is RP out of RP.

I think the only real problem here is that people don't know how to RP the defense from a certain weapon, so they say $%&@ that, that should be banned. This is why nobody complains until they are in a war with it. I still see no reasons why mechs should be banned, other than the fact that people are clever, and cleverness should be banned in RP.

Honestly, I think LVN should have his railguns and gauss guns or whatever. I've taken some though, and why not let Ubie have his cobalt? Why can't we have a massive flying aircraft carrier? Really, let us have our imagination. This is why people created CNRPS, to create races and things that can't be created in CNRP.

There LVN, there's why I think people need to stop complaining. Because those who do are uncreative, or they're jealous that they can't think of anything like that themselves. Someone creates an unstoppable device? Create something that stops it. If you take the imagination out of RP, you've taken all that is RP out of RP.

*Applauds* Well said!

Considering you yourself have RP'd lasers with high-rates of aircraft intercept, LVN, I think the concept is possible.

(as an aside) That is an electrolaser, not a purely optical mode of energy transfer. The ABL is a simple scaled up laser pointer, and has difficulty burning through millimeters of missile skin. IF you had a laser much much larger, and say, a day or two, you might be able to put a tiny hole in the ship, but just on the very fine spot where the laser is.

That is what should be said.

Mechs are banned because they are not realistic. CNRP is based on real technology, not anime

people DO use Railguns.

People created CNRPS because they are uncreative. Why imagine ways to diplomatically get what you want? or use the imagination to command troops on the battlefield so that your nation isnt destroyed? Why bother coming up with RPs for your nation that DOESNT piss off other players? Why in the world would you want to RP a government style that your IRL opposed to? when instead you can be playing around with fairies and magic!

I see this all the time, yet nobody dares use their imagination to do it. Thats why CNRPS was created. Its not the fault of the rest of us that you arn't capable of imagining things to do.

All in all, pretty poor argument. Come on vince you can do better then that

Edited by Lord Frost

Mechs are banned because they are not realistic. CNRP is based on real technology, not anime

No duh...I think we'd already figured this out.

people DO use Railguns.

People created CNRPS because they are uncreative. Why imagine ways to diplomatically get what you want? or use the imagination to command troops on the battlefield so that your nation isnt destroyed? Why bother coming up with RPs for your nation that DOESNT piss off other players? Why in the world would you want to RP a government style that your IRL opposed to? when instead you can be playing around with fairies and magic!

I beg to differ. Some of them are quite creative, and sometimes it can be a unique challenge figuring out how to interact with a being that is completely different...

I see this all the time, yet nobody dares use their imagination to do it. Thats why CNRPS was created. Its not the fault of the rest of us that you arn't capable of imagining things to do.

All in all, pretty poor argument. Come on vince you can do better then that

Oh, and reading comprehension...he was being sarcastic.

No duh...I think we'd already figured this out.

His argument shows otherwise. As you said; reading comprehension. His statement makes it clear that he didnt understand this

I beg to differ. Some of them are quite creative, and sometimes it can be a unique challenge figuring out how to interact with a being that is completely different...

and its even more truly creative to work within the realm of reality without resorting to constant OOC bickering about what your doing. All the most creative, interesting, and well thought out rps are all the ones which didnt crumble into a pile of flames before the second page

Oh, and reading comprehension...he was being sarcastic.

No...no he wasn't....at all......reading comprehension

I'm leaving this thread. It was supposed to be more or less an opinion thread about LVNs proposed Tech scale and instead has become a whine fest

Edited by Lord Frost

and its even more truly creative to work within the realm of reality without resorting to constant OOC bickering about what your doing. All the most creative, interesting, and well thought out rps are all the ones which didnt crumble into a pile of flames before the second page

Or it shows the lack of it as people aren't creative enough to find countermeasures

His argument shows otherwise. As you said; reading comprehension. His statement makes it clear that he didnt understand this

Oh, so that's why he said this...

I still see no reasons why mechs should be banned, other than the fact that people are clever, and cleverness should be banned in RP.

Is it? Or are we simply working along a different creative path? Different =/= superior or inferior.

No...no he wasn't....at all......reading comprehension

Yes, he was. The following quote, which I've said for the second time, begs to differ with your argument

other than the fact that people are clever, and cleverness should be banned in RP
I'm leaving this thread. It was supposed to be more or less an opinion thread about LVNs proposed Tech scale and instead has become a whine fest

Sure, go ahead, leave the argument. No, a whine fest would be simply disagreeing or complaining with offering any reason behind it. Check your dictionary.

More importantly, stop complaining. Mods said no super-weapons, so no goddamn superweapons. You people just can't take a ruling and live with it, can you? Every single little thing has to be challenged, mods have to waste their time and nothing really gets done because so much !@#$ goes on that nothing can go on.

Seriously.

Edited by Sargun

neomecha2_sm.jpg

^F--- you Frost

If a guy builds that in his back yard with 25,000 USD, a government could build a better, more streamlined, and more militarized mech, without the head, and complicated hands.

And yes, it is real, and it functions

Link #1

Link #2 to a different robot

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

neomecha2_sm.jpg

^F--- you Frost

If a guy builds that in his back yard with 25,000 USD, a government could build a better, more streamlined, and more militarized mech, without the head, and complicated hands.

Link #1

Ooh...owned, Frost. And just so you know, I didn't believe in them either...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

neomecha2_sm.jpg

^F--- you Frost

Link #1

I'm going to come back for this, and this only.

And they are still non-existant. I dont see anyone flying around, defying the laws of gravity and physics. All I see are shoddily put together pieces of equipment which you cant call mechs. Fail

There were much better ways to present your "argument"

And they are still non-existant. I dont see anyone flying around, defying the laws of gravity and physics. All I see are shoddily put together pieces of equipment which you cant call mechs. Fail

It's not like your method is better. You managed to limit "mech" to your twisted Japanphile view.

1: Of course they aren't flying, that would be (drumroll) stupid, like you said

2: Who ever said they defied the laws of physics

3: As Sumeragi said, you're twisting your definition of "mech" to fit a certain genre of story, and plugging your ears to any other description

4: As I said earlier, these are things people built by themselves in their backyards with their extra spending money, if it had any funding, it would be much better

5: Your argument is no better

EDIT: 6: If it makes you drop your little stereotype, you can call it "Power armor" if you so choose. I prefer that name anyway.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

My, my... you have a twisted sort of bias here. A 'mech' could be a bunch of different things... it's like the few words in the english dictionary, there may be one 'main' meaning, but there are other interpretations as well. For you, a 'mech' is a mech based off Japanese anime shows... but it doesn't stop there. Your argument is shoddily put together and at least Il Terra Di Agea formed a better logical counter-argument to you... plus blow your 'all mechs are physically impossible to build!' but never use the word all, in an argument, because it leads to a faulty logic.

This is what I say: If you can present solid sources for it's possible existance within your tech level, go ahead and build it. If it breaks physics or someone brings up a well thought out argument with sources on why it can't work, we can have a friendly debate on it's ability to exist.

Also, LeVentNoir, you said my delivery system for my colbalt wouldn't work because it didn't have the height. A WWII Flak 88 had an AA ceiling of 37,000 ft, thus I'm fairly sure a V3-like design 75mm super high velocity system would also get a shell to a decent height and allow the cobalt to reach the jet stream.

How about this.

We keep the old equation but we place a maximum cap on it.

Like for example as you suggested 2010.

(You calculate your year as normal but if it is greater than 2010 then it equals 2010.)

This would have the same effect.

Edited by Vasili Markov