The Tech Raid Lottery Show

Jason8

Life can be so unfair. It would be pretty interesting if that nation moved to red though.

Then it would depend upon whether or not the war started before the move to Red or not.

A nation seeking to make use of this policy must be on the red team when attacked.

I've been following this thread with some interest. Raiding is not for everyone and simple "tech raiding" is a bit anachronistic. Land as much as tech is a reason to raid these days. Some alliances absolutely forbid "tech raiding" but then permit nations that are part of their military to volunteer to hit targets (non-aligned nations) for "training". The result is generally the same, but it allows for a certain amount of self righteous chest thumping.

Note also that I do not, nor does Ragnarok or RAD, permit their nations to raid targets to death. Even amongst what some of you would refer to as pirates or thugs, there is a certain amount of honor and following of rules.

So what exactly is RAD doing wrong here? Announcing their intention to look for a raid target as opposed to the raids that go on and are coordinated every day on Planet Bob that aren't announced? Cry "party foul" if you must. No one is forcing you to read the OP or its justification.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note also that I do not, nor does Ragnarok or RAD, permit their nations to raid targets to death. Even amongst what some of you would refer to as pirates or thugs, there is a certain amount of honor and following of rules.

How honourable of thieves to not burn down your house after robbing you.

This is exactly why all the interesting people has been banished from the game because they just want to have a bit of fun. Look how many nations there are currently, it is at 29k. Ever wondered why? that's because they were forced to quit got zi'd and stuff. I don't understand why people in Planet Bob don't like "lulzy" alliances when they make the game much more fun. Making the game fun is what will bring back people.

RAD the new \M/ or GOONz who whole pointless life was about picking on others.

That's \m/ not \M/ and I would never refer to RAD as the new \m/ or the new anything. As for \m/ and GOONs, I think we saw what happened to them in the end. It wasn't so much that they spent all their time picking on others as they didn't spend enough time making it right. Karma applies on Planet Bob. Ask Electron Sponge.

Also lets watch as this fail and RAD upsets someone, most people on NONE that are not in red are on someone else's hit list, unless they are new.

But if they are on someone's hit list, isn't RAD doing them a favor? ;)

Its not a fact of raid or raiding....how about the asshatness in which they went about doing it. Epic Fail is all that describes this thread....if your gonna go raid then do it and dont make a big deal of it.....this "announcement" is overkill and has been called out as such.

So what exactly is RAD doing wrong here? Announcing their intention to look for a raid target as opposed to the raids that go on and are coordinated every day on Planet Bob that aren't announced? Cry "party foul" if you must. No one is forcing you to read the OP or its justification.

It's hard enough being an unaligned nation. Our community should not make it any harder by making their random and indiscriminate suffering into a public spectacle.

On a lighter note- Thank you, Irisheyes, for declaring peace.

Its not a fact of raid or raiding....how about the asshatness in which they went about doing it. Epic Fail is all that describes this thread....if your gonna go raid then do it and dont make a big deal of it.....this "announcement" is overkill and has been called out as such.

Asshats for giving 3m to one guy no strings attached and not even attacking the other? Ye that's it theres far too much stigima attached to tech raiding these days and everyone needs to loosen up. This was a publicity stunt and you're all taking things a bit too serious

Asshats for giving 3m to one guy no strings attached and not even attacking the other? Ye that's it theres far too much stigima attached to tech raiding these days and everyone needs to loosen up. This was a publicity stunt and you're all taking things a bit too serious

Stunt gone bad. If you can't handle the repercussions of your publicity stunt, think long and hard before your next.

Or close your eyes, and pray you don't feel it.

and it backfired if you were looking for praise and glory.....again it fails

Stunt gone bad. If you can't handle the repercussions of your publicity stunt, think long and hard before your next.

Or close your eyes, and pray you don't feel it.

We knew we wouldn't get positive reponses, i just felt like giving you a few home truths

I don't understand what the problem is. They had a game show were they draw prizes and one of them happens to be a tech raid and the other is 3 mil. The money was sent to the winner of the 3mil and the tech raid was declared on the loser. Its fair and they can honestly do whatever they want in there alliance just as long as it don't effect you or your alliance.Also its been common knowledge for about 2 years or so, that if your "NONE" your in for a whole lot of hurtin' so join an alliance or fight. Like it or not it was still a fair event and I look forward to reading about the next winners.

Thank you RAD for making a thread that is worth reading and bring some humor back to CN. Maybe I'll throw my nation into the lotto.

We knew we wouldn't get positive reponses, i just felt like giving you a few home truths

So why exactly would RoK allow this?

Something that you go into knowing it will end poorly..this is a brilliant thing for a protector to let their protectorate do..

So why exactly would RoK allow this?

Something that you go into knowing it will end poorly..this is a brilliant thing for a protector to let their protectorate do..

Give me a good reason why they would listen to an unaligned nation in peace mode

Edited by Irisheyes

Give me a good reason why they would listen to an unaligned nation in peace mode

You have a brilliant reply that addresses my point well and fully.

Next time, try taking your head and using it before replying, so that you are actually able to produce a reply that doesn't make you seem idiotic and incompetent.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

You have a brilliant reply that addresses my point well and fully.

Next time, try taking your head and using it before replying, so that you are actually able to produce a reply that doesn't..well.. I think it speaks for itself.

in short a NO U? how brilliant you are!