What point is infrastructure no longer worth purchasing?

Veritas

Alright well 2 days ago i went from 7,999.99 inf to 8909.99 inf and i'm making less money than i did before. That kinda made me sad but it also makes me wonder what is the highest point of infrastructure you can have without losing money. If anyone has the answer to this i'd greatly appreciate it.

-Veritas

Oh i definately saw an increase in collection amounts I make about 1m more than i did before but pay about 2m more in infra bills. It could be that i'm just not remembering my numbers correctly. Regardless though does anyone know the optimum amount of infrastructure?

-Veritas

I've seen nations with over 11,000 inf., so I assume it's still profitable to keep going - just the rate of profit declines. For the longest time I used to think that trade resources didn't make much of a difference until I lined up my optimal trade. Well, I was wrong; $700k/day wrong, so that's something you may want to look at.

Veritas, i did the same thing some weeks ago and my profit per day has risen constantly. Is it possible that you just have a wrong memory of your bills earlier? your nations setup looks absolutely fine, and i personally could not see a reason why you should earn less cash then before. at least the known game mechanics do not support such an assumption.

edit: new bad events or did you had events earlier that now have expired unnoticed? (expired events are deleted at some point, even if you dont delete them manually).

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

our research has proven that with the current maximum nation setup (all wonders, all improvements, best trade setup, no nukes) at 13,200 infra there is a break-even point. at this point, buying more infra would lower your daily profits, because the infra-upkeep-increase eats up the additional income *completely*. buying above this point would only hurt your nation. so, until no new wonders or tech improvements are added, nobody has to care about an 15k infra jump.

our research has proven that with the current maximum nation setup (all wonders, all improvements, best trade setup, no nukes) at 13,200 infra there is a break-even point. at this point, buying more infra would lower your daily profits, because the infra-upkeep-increase eats up the additional income *completely*. buying above this point would only hurt your nation. so, until no new wonders or tech improvements are added, nobody has to care about an 15k infra jump.

What about with max nukes?

What are your bills?

What is your tax collection? Any events affecting it?

at this point you collect around 23M tax (without nukes) or 22.2M tax (with 20 nukes). your daily bills are around 11.6M (without nukes) and 11.9M (with 20 nukes). So your daily profit is around 11.3M without nukes or 10.3M with 20 nukes. That said, without maintaining nukes the break even point for infra lies at around 13,200infra. with 20 nukes at around 12,900infra.

no events, of course. trade setup is 3BG + Fish + Uranium.

50,000 soldiers + 5,000 tanks + 50 CMs + 60 Aircraft military.

5,000 land and 6,000 tech.

Total NS: ~180k

at this point you collect around 23M tax (without nukes) or 22.2M tax (with 20 nukes). your daily bills are around 11.6M (without nukes) and 11.9M (with 20 nukes). So your daily profit is around 11.3M without nukes or 10.3M with 20 nukes. That said, without maintaining nukes the break even point for infra lies at around 13,200infra. with 20 nukes at around 12,900infra.

no events, of course. trade setup is 3BG + Fish + Uranium.

50,000 soldiers + 5,000 tanks + 50 CMs + 60 Aircraft military.

5,000 land and 6,000 tech.

Total NS: ~180k

Thank you, sir.

Edited by Ron Paul

when people get around that point admin will probally lower infra bill or something just like he lowered the infra bill over 5k infra

i think the concept of "tech improvements" or "research" have a good chance to come in the next some months. right now there are a few good ideas around, and they are easy to implement. (1 improvement every 100tech, 5max per type, priced between improvements and wonders) - or something similar.

Just in realistic terms, you can never have too much infra.

Not sure how that matches up to CN with upkeep and things, But that's the way it should be if not currently.

EDIT: Well in rl you can have too much infra, but planet bob is infinite for now so infra should be too :)

Edited by thedestro

You're pretty low considering your age and NS, so in your case :blush:

Exactly right. Hey, all the tech I've purchased over time was expensive. I have it calculated to around $107 million I've spent on technology alone prior to my joining The Grämlins. If I had spend that on infrastructure, I'd be way up there in infra but be lacking the tech! I'm a tech addict!

Exactly right. Hey, all the tech I've purchased over time was expensive. I have it calculated to around $107 million I've spent on technology alone prior to my joining The Grämlins. If I had spend that on infrastructure, I'd be way up there in infra but be lacking the tech! I'm a tech addict!

you? a tech addict?

:awesome:

:rolleyes: Lastr0ce is made out of tech, my friend