OOC: New In-Active Guide Line?

Ezequiel

I think we need a system for in-active nations, what we have right now is after 20 days they are purged from the map, so my solution would be like this.

* - No posting for a week, a message from a GM.

* - No posting for 14 days will make the nations government go into Anarchy.

* - Should they come back after 14 days their government will be in Anarchy, to get out of Anarchy and continue role playing, they must role play the government taking back over, If the player does not come back within 18 days they will be purged, this would be abused should it not have a limit, the limit for one any player would be 1 time.

Its not much I don't think, It will keep the map clean and nations active.

I think we need a system for in-active nations, what we have right now is after 20 days they are purged from the map, so my solution would be like this.

* - Should they come back after 14 days their government will be in Anarchy, to get out of Anarchy and continue role playing, they must role play the government taking back over, If the player does not come back within 18 days they will be purged, this would be abused should it not have a limit, the limit for one any player would be 1 time.

I actually like this method. In fact I think its great. Its short, simple and doesn't mean we have nations literally disappearing on us as they areas fall into chaos ready for the next rper to come along.

I don't like it at all. Some people have busy lives... We can't be expected to post or loose our claims... I've been RPing for months now, i'd be annoyed if i was purged from the map because I hadn't posted in two weeks due to lots of c/w etc.

Then post in the OOC thread or tell a GM you will be absent for so long and you won't be purged its that simple.

No.

No no no no no no no no no no omg I can't believe this no.

Inactivity in RP is equivalent to Inactivity in game, and if a person keeps active IG and not RP, well, that's what we have the "20 days and your purged" rule for

ooc:

If you give advance notice of being absent for an extended period of time, you shouldn't be purged from the map. I suppose if you wanted you could promote the idea of more "watches with great interest posts" so you don't get purged. That would dramatically improve the already stellar quality of this forum.

(I should note that this post is self serving as I'm going to be unavoidably AFK for a month this summer.)

What you guys are telling me is that you want it like this.

* - A pinned topic for Temp. leaves.

* - No posting for a week and with out posting in the Temp. Leave topic, a message from a GM to the player.

* - No posting for 18 days will make the nations government go into Anarchy.

* - Should they come back after 18 days their government will be in Anarchy, to get out of Anarchy and continue role playing, they must role play the government taking back over, If the player does not come back within the two days given on the 20th days they will be purged, this would be abused should it not have a limit, the limit for one any player would be 1 time.

- A pinned topic for Temp. leaves.

- No posting for a week and with out posting in the Temp. Leave topic, a message from a GM to the player.

- No posting for 18 days will make the nations government go into Anarchy.

- Should they come back after 18 days their government will be in Anarchy, to get out of Anarchy and continue role playing, they must role play the government taking back over, If the player does not come back within the two days given on the 20th days they will be purged, this would be abused should it not have a limit, the limit for one any player would be 1 time.

No temporary leave pinned topic, if anything, it should be part of the map thread, just a quick, one post "I'll be busy for the next two weeks, don't purge me or anything" would be better. Then, the reason the map is so full is because of the people who only post two or three times a month, just enough to stay on the map. Those people should be treated like inactive people.

I say, we need some sort of policy, where, unless you say earlier that you'll be inactive for some time period, you get purged if you have less than five to ten posts in twenty days. That way, people like Mykep, who apparently have RL stuff that take first to RP, but still post a decent amount, get to stay on, but people like Dan123123 (lgtromm) who post once a month or so, but stay on the map because of their seniority don't get special treatment to stay on despite virtually no activity.

That's my opinion...

* - A pinned topic for Temp. leaves.

* - No posting for a week and with out posting in the Temp. Leave topic, a message from a GM to the player.

* - No posting for 18 days will make the nations government go into Anarchy.

* - Should they come back after 18 days their government will be in Anarchy, to get out of Anarchy and continue role playing, they must role play the government taking back over, If the player does not come back within the two days given on the 20th days they will be purged, this would be abused should it not have a limit, the limit for one any player would be 1 time.

No. It's a completely unnecessary line of rules. What we are saying is that we don't want to Fix what ain't broke

Once the 21-day inactivity limit is reached, they're purged unless an advance notice is given.

^ this

It's not really a public thing on how this is done. It's an OOC map, and it's the mapmaker's judgment as to what is the best representation. If you want to claim land from someone, you better hope they aren't active or protected. This map does not mean anything IC.

I don't like this at all. Here is a better idea, which is close to what is done now:

If your nation is deleted due to inactivity, the other players will assume that it has fallen into anarchy and that the rulers are dead or missing.

If a player stops posting and his nation remains active, if anyone cares they'll PM that player about it. If no one cares, that player will eventually be taken off the map and people will go about business as usual. None of this "18 days and your country goes bye" crap.

Simple.

This is supposed to be fun, not a chore.

Edited by Vedran

I don't like this at all. Here is a better idea, which is close to what is done now:

If your nation is deleted due to inactivity, the other players will assume that it has fallen into anarchy and that the rulers are dead or missing.

If a player stops posting and his nation remains active, if anyone cares they'll PM that player about it. If no one cares, that player will eventually be taken off the map and people will go about business as usual. None of this "18 days and your country goes bye" crap.

Simple.

Second'd