Of Zombies and Men

Shadowsage

The aura of fear emanating from the woman sitting next to him in darkness intensified when the shambling horde of infected monstrosities wandered through the area. And for an instant, Sylvester teetered on the edge of losing control to the roaring beast within. Only a sheer force of will kept him from turning on her while she had no gun. The infected citizens of the Imperium wandered through the alley, oblivious to the "two" humans in their midst.

After they left, Sylvester breathed a sigh of relief. Only then did he remember he was still holding her hand and withdrew reluctantly. "Lady, you need to stop scaring so easily. The fear is...intoxicating." The slightly offended look she gave him made him think she didn't quite understand the message.

"No, not that way. I want to stay alive, so I'm thinking with the top head." Sylvester shook said appendage a few times in mock sadness. "Anyway, things have gone to hell in the city. As I'm sure you've noticed."

He gave her an evil grin out of nowhere and perfectly mimicked a creepy voice.

"Well, you look nervous. Is it the scars? You want to know how I got 'em? "

Marissa crossed her arms and gave him a slightly offended look. "Excuse me? I don't get scared easily...usually."

When he explained it better, Marissa nodded in understanding. She chuckled slightly at his (comedic) attempt of a creepy voice and evil grin. "No, thanks. And no, I'm not nervous. I was just caught off-guard."

Edited by JEDCJT

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'll bet. That's not how it smells, from here."

She gave him a confused look, apparently unaware of his condition. Sylvester sighed. "Lady, isn't it obvious? Inhuman amounts of strength, a vastly improved sense of smell? I'm infected." He looked down at his blood-stained hands. "I don't know what's wrong with it, though. I'm not like the others."

Sylvester steeled himself. No rest for the wicked. "We have to get out of the city, try to find some help."

"I'll bet. That's not how it smells, from here."

She gave him a confused look, apparently unaware of his condition. Sylvester sighed. "Lady, isn't it obvious? Inhuman amounts of strength, a vastly improved sense of smell? I'm infected." He looked down at his blood-stained hands. "I don't know what's wrong with it, though. I'm not like the others."

Sylvester steeled himself. No rest for the wicked. "We have to get out of the city, try to find some help."

Marissa gasped. Infected? "A-are you going to be allright?" She asked, her eyes glinting with concern.

OOC: D'oh. I was working on my L4D story on Fanfiction.net. :D

IC:

"As far as I can tell, yes. It really $%&@s with your mind, though." The vulgarity of his language made Marissa wince, but it appeared to be the only way to get the point across. Kennedy continued, oblivious to her disapproval of his language.

"Like I said, we need to get the hell out of this city. It's got nothing but shattered dreams and bitter memories for me. I'd rather not stay." He held back a sob when thinking of all he had lost in the past few days.

IC:

"As far as I can tell, yes. It really $%&@s with your mind, though." The vulgarity of his language made Marissa wince, but it appeared to be the only way to get the point across. Kennedy continued, oblivious to her disapproval of his language.

"Like I said, we need to get the hell out of this city. It's got nothing but shattered dreams and bitter memories for me. I'd rather not stay." He held back a sob when thinking of all he had lost in the past few days.

OOC: Whoa, you write on Fanfiction.net? I read there on a daily basis! :D

IC: Marissa did give Kennedy a disapproving glare at his...colorful choice of a vocabulary. But she softened once she heard his last sentence, her heart going out to the young, and handsome, man in front of her. "...I'm sorry about that. But let's go, before they get to us." She took the initiative, grabbing his hand and dragging him through the alleyways...

OOC: Yus, she've got a crush on him. :awesome:

OOC: Nobody said you couldn't! :D

IC:

Kennedy was taken aback for a moment by the...forward nature of the woman dragging him bodily through the alleys. After a moment of thinking, he smiled and just went along with the flow. It's not every day that a beautiful woman leads you by the hand through a Zombie Apocalypse.

He stopped for a second, his ultra-sensitive hearing picking something up. "Wait. I hear something...or somebody."

OOC: Nobody said you couldn't! :D

IC:

Kennedy was taken aback for a moment by the...forward nature of the woman dragging him bodily through the alleys. After a moment of thinking, he smiled and just went along with the flow. It's not every day that a beautiful woman leads you by the hand through a Zombie Apocalypse.

He stopped for a second, his ultra-sensitive hearing picking something up. "Wait. I hear something...or somebody."

Marissa stopped and turned to him, still unknowingly holding his hand. "...what?"

OOC: Whoa...cool. :D

I've been browsering FF.net, but yet never became a member...lol

Edited by JEDCJT

"Who is it? Are you human? A z-zom.. Who are you?" Mendoza growled as he finished loading up the shotgun, holding it at chest-level and pointing it at Kennedy and Marissa. "Answer me!" He yelled, noticing their hesitation and doubting every second they weren't human. Can it be? "Goddamnit you're going to answer me or I'll blow your freaking head off!" Spittle flew from his mouth in rage as he raised the shotgun, his hands shaking.

Mendoza had just rounded the edge of an alleyway and encountered Kennedy and Marissa. In a fit of brief insanity, he was about to blow their heads off before realizing they might be humans.

"Who is it? Are you human? A z-zom.. Who are you?" Mendoza growled as he finished loading up the shotgun, holding it at chest-level and pointing it at Kennedy and Marissa. "Answer me!" He yelled, noticing their hesitation and doubting every second they weren't human. Can it be? "Goddamnit you're going to answer me or I'll blow your freaking head off!" Spittle flew from his mouth in rage as he raised the shotgun, his hands shaking.

Mendoza had just rounded the edge of an alleyway and encountered Kennedy and Marissa. In a fit of brief insanity, he was about to blow their heads off before realizing they might be humans.

Marissa whirled around at this voice coming from seemingly out of nowhere. She saw a man aiming a shotgun at them. Subconsciously, she took position in front of Kennedy, as if shielding him.

"C-calm down, sir! We're humans!" Marissa tried to console this insane man, although she was a little frightened. "I'm Marissa, and this is Kennedy."

Marissa whirled around at this voice coming from seemingly out of nowhere. She saw a man aiming a shotgun at them. Subconsciously, she took position in front of Kennedy, as if shielding him.

"C-calm down, sir! We're humans!" Marissa tried to console this insane man, although she was a little frightened. "I'm Marissa, and this is Kennedy."

"Marissa and Kennedy?" Mendoza edged forward, his shotgun lowering, this time pointing inadvertently at Marissa's knees. "You.. hu.. humans?" Mendoza nearly dropped the shotgun and looked around. "How many others? Please.. How many others?" His voice had an edge of humanity in it, however faint.

The stench of fear coming off of the man was overpowering, intoxicating. It triggered a series of reactions which resulted in Kennedy growling rather loudly and bearing his fangs menacingly. Before the Hunter could pounce, however, Sylvester redirected the bounding leap onto a wall. His claws dug deep into the brick and he was stuck.

"Y-y-you really need to control your fear. It's...delicious." Something insane flashed through Kennedy's eyes again, but he managed to partially regain control of himself despite the nearly sexual pleasure of the other smelling Mendoza's fear.

"I'm just going to stay stuck in the wall until you manage to control yourself. It's just us, by the way."

Mendoza growled and raised the shotgun at Kennedy on the wall. "What the hell is that supposed to mean? What the hell is going on? Why are you alive? Why are.." His hysterics finally overcame reason and he fell back against a wall, sobbing in emotional pain. He had lost everything, and when he finally comes to find another human being, one's not wearing enough clothes to be normal and the other is insane and probably about to kill them both.

Why me? Mendoza was an immigrant and ex-soldier, who left his home country after charges of abuse in the military started claiming the jobs of his friends. He left when the evidence pointed to his platoon, which was false, but he came here anyway. They wouldn't touch his family. He abandoned his family, and his new one here was.. well, in the bellies of the beasts.

Mendoza took three deep breaths and sighed. "I'm Enrrique Mendoza. I'm.." he took another breath. "We need to get out of here."

"I've been saying that for the past few minutes. Glad somebody's listening." He rolled his eyes in Marissa's general direction, who pouted and stuck her tongue out at him. Kennedy carefully removed his claws from the pulverized wall and dropped to the ground.

He spoke while rubbing his wrists. "You look sad. I'm sorry about whatever happened, but we really need to get moving." Kennedy hesitated, a sense of personal desolation came over him. Did he want the newcomer to know about his condition?

'Pretty obvious, isn't it?' A rogue voice asked wryly from the back of Kennedy's head.

"Well...I'm infected. Wait!" He shouted when Mendoza raised the shotgun. "It's different. Benign, or something. I want to get out of the city and find a cure. Are you guys with me?"

The stench of fear coming off of the man was overpowering, intoxicating. It triggered a series of reactions which resulted in Kennedy growling rather loudly and bearing his fangs menacingly. Before the Hunter could pounce, however, Sylvester redirected the bounding leap onto a wall. His claws dug deep into the brick and he was stuck.

"Y-y-you really need to control your fear. It's...delicious." Something insane flashed through Kennedy's eyes again, but he managed to partially regain control of himself despite the nearly sexual pleasure of the other smelling Mendoza's fear.

"I'm just going to stay stuck in the wall until you manage to control yourself. It's just us, by the way."

Marissa rolled her eyes as she put her hands on her sides. "Seriously, can you stop playing around? We need to get out of the city."

Mendoza growled and raised the shotgun at Kennedy on the wall. "What the hell is that supposed to mean? What the hell is going on? Why are you alive? Why are.." His hysterics finally overcame reason and he fell back against a wall, sobbing in emotional pain. He had lost everything, and when he finally comes to find another human being, one's not wearing enough clothes to be normal and the other is insane and probably about to kill them both.

Why me? Mendoza was an immigrant and ex-soldier, who left his home country after charges of abuse in the military started claiming the jobs of his friends. He left when the evidence pointed to his platoon, which was false, but he came here anyway. They wouldn't touch his family. He abandoned his family, and his new one here was.. well, in the bellies of the beasts.

Mendoza took three deep breaths and sighed. "I'm Enrrique Mendoza. I'm.." he took another breath. "We need to get out of here."

Turning to Mendoza, Marissa smiled faintly. "Nice to meet you, Enrrique. And as soon as Kennedy here gets off the wall, we can get out of here."

"I've been saying that for the past few minutes. Glad somebody's listening." He rolled his eyes in Marissa's general direction, who pouted and stuck her tongue out at him. Kennedy carefully removed his claws from the pulverized wall and dropped to the ground.

He spoke while rubbing his wrists. "You look sad. I'm sorry about whatever happened, but we really need to get moving." Kennedy hesitated, a sense of personal desolation came over him. Did he want the newcomer to know about his condition?

'Pretty obvious, isn't it?' A rogue voice asked wryly from the back of Kennedy's head.

"Well...I'm infected. Wait!" He shouted when Mendoza raised the shotgun. "It's different. Benign, or something. I want to get out of the city and find a cure. Are you guys with me?"

Marissa rolled her eyes again and stuck her tongue out at him, unknowingly flirting with him. Glancing at Mendoza, Marissa smiled again. "Don't worry, he's harmless, actually." Turning to Kennedy, she smirked. "Yes, we're with you, of course."

Edited by JEDCJT

"Harmless? He just jumped onto a wall, he's got friggen claws!" It was more incredulity than fear, but his shotgun still pointed at him, warily. "Look, all I know is that staying here is.." He paused for a moment. "Look, just.. I'm not used to this city. I'm not from here. Can you get us out?"

Good God.

"I know how to get out of here." The voice coming from Kennedy was completely his own, and yet seemed subdued. The route he was thinking of taking was not pleasant, but also probably the only one still open. It seemed like the only option.

When the others raised their eyebrows, Kennedy sighed. "I could be shot for treason if I told you two this, but I don't really care right now. The Imperium has been clandestinely working on establishing underground cities. You know, like the Uberstein Empire? Once he announced that doomsday weapon, the Imperator felt like it was the only option. There's a...tunnel...that connects to a nearby one, in Downtown Illyria. If we can get there, the military should still have the Sub-Urb."

They both gave him incredulous looks.

"What? I don't see you two coming up with anything else."

OOC: No way! I'm a writer there, though it's beena while since I wrote anything. Mostly Teen titans stuff, with a little Harry potter thrown in at the beginning of me...er, Career.

OOC: The post is set up for him to join in on.

And yes, I just started writing on Fanfiction.net, even though I've been a member since '05. ^_^

'ThirteenthStruggle'.

OOC: Hmm. I'm 'realfanficts.' Yeah, i know, not the best name, but it's all I could think of. I really wanted to join so I could give signed reviews, originally.

Oh, ken I join? Perhaps another female character to make things interesting. An intelligence agent sent to discover how the infection reached your city...

"I know how to get out of here." The voice coming from Kennedy was completely his own, and yet seemed subdued. The route he was thinking of taking was not pleasant, but also probably the only one still open. It seemed like the only option.

When the others raised their eyebrows, Kennedy sighed. "I could be shot for treason if I told you two this, but I don't really care right now. The Imperium has been clandestinely working on establishing underground cities. You know, like the Uberstein Empire? Once he announced that doomsday weapon, the Imperator felt like it was the only option. There's a...tunnel...that connects to a nearby one, in Downtown Illyria. If we can get there, the military should still have the Sub-Urb."

They both gave him incredulous looks.

"What? I don't see you two coming up with anything else."

Marissa continued to give him incredulous looks before she chuckled and shook her head. "Very well, we shall go that way. You lead the way, though."

OOC: No way! I'm a writer there, though it's beena while since I wrote anything. Mostly Teen titans stuff, with a little Harry potter thrown in at the beginning of me...er, Career.

OOC: Hmm. I'm 'realfanficts.' Yeah, i know, not the best name, but it's all I could think of. I really wanted to join so I could give signed reviews, originally.

Oh, ken I join? Perhaps another female character to make things interesting. An intelligence agent sent to discover how the infection reached your city...

OOC: Nice to know we all have something in common. :D

And yus, you can join. :awesome:

Marissa continued to give him incredulous looks before she chuckled and shook her head. "Very well, we shall go that way. You lead the way, though."

OOC: Nice to know we all have something in common. :D

And yus, you can join. :awesome:

OOC: Well, since they're still in an alleyway, if I understand correctly...

IC: Special agent Samantha Warrington remained in the shadows, carefully regulating her motions and emotions to prevent the passing group of undead. A minute after they had passed, she peeked out of the broken window. Sure enough, they were gone. She holstered her sidearm, but made sure she still had plenty of extra ammo, and the large bowie knife at her hip. It wouldn't do to get caught with no ammo and no other weapon.

In addition, her ring could emit a small, short-lived laser in emergencies, but ONLY when there was no other choice.

She headed int he direction the zombies had gone, as that was where she was trying to go. But she stopped short when she saw someone coming out of a side alley.

She began to raise her hand in greeting, when she saw Kennedy emerge as well. Instantly the gun was in her hand and pointed at his head. her voice was steady as she spoke, betraying no tension. She was not afraid, merely coldly calculating her odds of success.

"Hold it right there. What are you doing with one of the infected?"

She absently brushed a lock of her Raven hair out of her eyes with the hand that wasn't holding the weapon...

OOC: Bump.

OOC: Sorry, but I was sorta waiting for Shadow to reply first before continuing so. ;)

IC:

Marissa, startled, once again subconsciously took position in front of Kennedy. "Hold on! We're not infected, although Kennedy is...but he's still got control of himself. Don't shoot!" Marissa said as she glared at the mysterious woman.