Of Zombies and Men

Shadowsage

Marissa raised an eyebrow as she smirked a bit. "Sure, I'll try to get a backpack...somewhere." She said as she climbed up after Harg to the rooftops.

"Yeah, the backpack is now in front of you." replied Harg when he jumped back down into the bedroom, threw all of the remaining backpacks onto the rooftop, and climbed back onto the rooftop. "There has to be something that is over 2 meters long and is strong enough to support our weight?..." mumbled Harg as he looked around. He then noticed a pile of wood panels that are three meters long. "Perfect" thought Harg as he picked up the entire pile of wood panels and then stacked them between the apartment building and another apartment building." He then walked across the makeshift bridge and onto the other apartment building's rooftop.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thanks," Mendoza grabbed her hand and pulled hard, catapulting himself ahead of her. Turning around swiftly, he grabbed the back of her shirt/armor (wearing a vest? I dunno) and pulled her towards him, knowing that the momentum of pulling her down would have given her a swift grave. "Sorry 'bout that," he muttered, grabbing his shotgun and twisting around, his back itching from the extra supplies.

"Now, to save us the trouble," he pulled out the knife he carried and dug into the brick around where the fire escape was anchored. Within second, the weak brick imploded with the stress and he moved on to the other side. Ten seconds later, the escape was loose from the top and leaning backwards. "It's a weak thing," Mendoza spoke out loud, now on all fours and digging in the last two areas where the escape held onto the building. When those were done, he got up and gave the fire escape a mighty kick, separating it from the building. It splintered from the rest of the apartment and slammed onto the apartment across from them, making sure that whatever zombies that were coming up it went to the wrong building.

"Whenever we need an escape, we jump across. These $%&@ers have bad hand-eye coordination."

OOC: She's wearing Kevlar armor, but other than that, it's just a simple body suit. So he probably grabbed her by the kevlar vest.

IC: She nodded her thanks in turn. "Good idea."

"So I say? So I say?" Mendoza growled and shoved Marissa out of anger and frustration, then slammed his fist into a wall. "I've been watching these $%&@ers since they started coming out of the ground. "I don't know about those goddamn half-human ones, but once they go full zombie their motor skills get real low for a while. Anyone of those bumbling things tries to jump across, they'll hit the wall or grab onto the ledge and fall off. I've watched and heard those.. monsters.. do things to people I could never imagine. I know about them. They won't make it across."

Samantha watched the brewing argument, not interfering. She knew they weren't angry at each other, and if they really tried to hurt each other, she could stop them before any damage was done.

Harg knew something bad was going to happen. He wasn't sure what it was, but...

Suddenly, showers of concrete and drywall pieces flew, and a hole appeared in the wall, with a bloody zombie arm swinging wildly, trying to reach the survivors and screams from the zombies outside.

"God, will they ever stop stalking us?!" exclaimed Harg as he fired at the zombies through the hole they created. It was a good thing all of his shotguns could hold 20 shells at a time and are semi-automatic. He emptied all 20 shells in 10 seconds, but there were too many zombies. "Hurry up you guys, they are going to knock down the wall!" yelled Harg as he reloaded and the zombies punched out more chunks of the wall around the hole, making the hole larger.

Kennedy sat crouched on his legs, perfectly balanced on the rooftop. He lifted his face and sniffed the air, but couldn't pick up anything really specific around due to the all-pervasive smell of smoke. And the sickly sweet smell of burning flesh, courtesy of the newcomer.

His thoughts began to wander when he realized that the other survivors were screaming below him. The imitation gargoyle turned and dove through the hole. Not a moment too soon either; zombified hands were attempting to force their way through the wall.

Kennedy lifted an eyebrow elegantly before acting. His 10mm Submachine Gun rang out, sounding for all the world like several sheets of paper ripping in sequence. A few of the arms ceased their quest and he holstered the weapon, intending to save ammunition.

Being partially infected, Sylvester had no intention of seeing whether or not he was affected by the Fire-Alarm Bombs. So, he grabbed a Molotov $@tail and threw it into the breach.

"Guys, we're gonna need to hit up the Imperial Armory towards the center of town. If the infestation is this severe, we'll need the firepower." He motioned towards the roof and climbed out, expecting the rest of them to follow.

Upon seeing the zombies try to claw their way out of the hole in the wall, Marissa readied her assault weapon and let it all out. Hails of bullets assailed the zombies, inflicting massive casaulties. But still, the zombies kept on coming.

Upon hearing of Kennedy's statement regarding the Imperial armory, Marissa nodded and followed Kennedy, climbing out...

Samantha followed Marissa, looking down only once to make sure the rest of them were following.

Finally the zombies stopped attacking Harg, they were all dead. "Thanks" mumbled Harg as he jumps and grabs onto the broken 6th flooring, and starts pulling himself up. "There is another apartment close to this apartment building. If we can use a panel that is over 2 meters long, we can climb onto the other apartment building nearby and use that apartment building's fire escape stairway to climb down. The problem is, there are going to be more zombies in the downtown area of this city and of course, more cars equipped with car alarms. " said Harg as he finally pulls himself up.

He then ran back into the living room, ignoring the zombies screaming from being roasted by the fire outside, and grabbed the backpacks full of supplies. After he ran back into the bedroom, he dumped the supply backpacks onto the floor, closed the door shut and locked it, then shoved a large clothing cabinet and a mini cabinet against the door, grabbed a backpack, and started climbing out the of bedroom and back onto the rooftop of the apartment building. "Be sure to bring a supply backpack with you, you never know if we get split up and then need supplies." remarked Harg when he noticed Kennedy and Marissa wasn't wearing one of the supply backpacks.

OOC: I am assuming that everyone have already entered the bedroom or on the rooftop.

OOC: Correct. I'm on the rooftop, and I already took a supply pack, remember.

"Yeah, the backpack is now in front of you." replied Harg when he jumped back down into the bedroom, threw two backpacks onto the rooftop, and climbed back onto the rooftop. "There has to be something that is over 2 meters long and is strong enough to support our weight?..." mumbled Harg as he looked around. He then noticed a pile of wood panels that are three meters long. "Perfect" thought Harg as he picked up the entire pile of wood panels and then stacked them between the apartment building and another apartment building." He then walked across the makeshift bridge and onto the other apartment building's rooftop.

Testing the panels to make sure they would support her weight, Samantha followed. She never had liked heights, but her training taught her how to ignore it and focus only on the goal.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Kennedy glared with disdain at the supply pack. He clawed it open and pawed through its' contents, deciding on taking two water-bottles, a pack of rations, and ammunition for his Sub-machine gun. The rest of it he left strewn about on the floor.

The infected man walked over to the gap between apartment buildings. He took one look, judging the distance, before taking three steps back. Kennedy crouched, emitted a blood-curdling screech, and leapt across the entire gap, rolling on impact with the other roof.

He tore open the door leading deeper into the building and motioned to the others. "We need to go. Down there, it sounds like about four of them. Follow me in; the street is our next objective."

Without waiting for acknowledgment, he dashed in.

"There is always a fire escape stairway, you know." replied Harg. When he stepped on the fire escape, the stairway suddenly partially collapsed. "Ugh, I guess I have fight through the apartment building..." mumbled Harg.

Harg then ran back to the stairway that leads into the apartment building and followed them.

Kennedy glared with disdain at the supply pack. He clawed it open and pawed through its' contents, deciding on taking two water-bottles, a pack of rations, and ammunition for his Sub-machine gun. The rest of it he left strewn about on the floor.

The infected man walked over to the gap between apartment buildings. He took one look, judging the distance, before taking three steps back. Kennedy crouched, emitted a blood-curdling screech, and leapt across the entire gap, rolling on impact with the other roof.

He tore open the door leading deeper into the building and motioned to the others. "We need to go. Down there, it sounds like about four of them. Follow me in; the street is our next objective."

Without waiting for acknowledgment, he dashed in.

Reloading and readying her weapon, Marissa nodded and followed Kennedy inside...
"There is always a fire escape stairway, you know." replied Harg. When he stepped on the fire escape, the stairway suddenly partially collapsed. "Ugh, I guess I have fight through the apartment building..." mumbled Harg.

Harg then ran back to the stairway that leads into the apartment building and followed them.

Ensuring that her weapons were fully loaded, Samantha also followed, keeping a wary eye out.

Harg continued to follow the group, making sure that no zombies were behind him or in one of the apartment room. As he walked, he heard a soft growl coming from a closed door on his left. He then turned toward the left and pointed his shotgun at the door, and then said, "I think there is a zombie behind the door in front of me." Suddenly, he heard a blood curling scream, followed by a wooden door in front of him exploding into a shower of wooden pieces as a muscular zombie pounced on him so hard that he was thrown through the splintered wooden door on his right.

The zombie sank it's ugly teeth into Harg's arm, but then got knocked off by Harg. "Son of a blasted fool." mumbled Harg as he started firing his shotgun at the muscular zombie, but the zombie kept on leaping around, avoiding the hail of hot, mini steel balls.

Edited by HHAYD

Harg continued to follow the group, making sure that no zombies were behind him or in one of the apartment room. As he walked, he heard a soft growl coming from a closed door on his left. He then turned toward the left and pointed his shotgun at the door, and then said, "I think there is a zombie behind the door in front of me." Suddenly, he heard a blood curling scream, followed by a wooden door in front of him exploding into a shower of wooden pieces as a muscular zombie pounced on him so hard that he was thrown through the splintered wooden door on his right.

The zombie sank it's ugly teeth into Harg's arm, but then got knocked off by Harg. "Son of a blasted fool." mumbled Harg as he started firing his shotgun at the muscular zombie, but the zombie kept on leaping around, avoiding the hail of hot, mini steel balls.

Samantha,, who was behind him, witnessed all this hapening in a matter of seconds. Since the thing was ignoring her, focusing only on their new companion, it gave her time to bring up her pistol and aim, not where the Zombie was, but where it's head would be in a split second, and she pulled the trigger. Her training rarely allowed her to miss, and this time was no exception.

However, this would not necessarily be to Harg's benefit, as she had seen the thing sink its teeth into him. "Get up," she said, aiming the weapon at him. "I won't kill you now, but I want you ahead of me at all times, so when the virus takes effect, I'll know about it."

Samantha,, who was behind him, witnessed all this hapening in a matter of seconds. Since the thing was ignoring her, focusing only on their new companion, it gave her time to bring up her pistol and aim, not where the Zombie was, but where it's head would be in a split second, and she pulled the trigger. Her training rarely allowed her to miss, and this time was no exception.

However, this would not necessarily be to Harg's benefit, as she had seen the thing sink its teeth into him. "Get up," she said, aiming the weapon at him. "I won't kill you now, but I want you ahead of me at all times, so when the virus takes effect, I'll know about it."

"Alright, fine, just give me some time to bandage this wound." groaned Harg as he pulled out a med-kit out of his supply pack. In his mind, Harg thought, "I wonder what will they do to me they find out I was bitten 5 times, five days ago when I was attacked by a horde of zombies and only armed with a med-kit?"

Edited by HHAYD

Marissa watched the whole thing with concern, especially for Harg. "Don't hurt him...although it may be a matter of time before the virus takes effect..." She said to Samantha.

"Lets move on." groaned Harg after putting antiseptic on his wounds and bandaging it. 6 zombies came running up the stairs, only to get blasted by Harg's shotgun fires. He then reloaded and begin to walk down the stairway, keeping a watch for any zombies while closing the doors to the hallways.

Marissa watched the whole thing with concern, especially for Harg. "Don't hurt him...although it may be a matter of time before the virus takes effect..." She said to Samantha.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything until he starts turning."

She followed behind Harg, watching him carefully, while at the same time keeping the rest of her senses open for danger from other directions.

OOC: I should probably mention about now that she took a vaccine before being dispatched to the danger zone. If bitten, I'd give it about 50-50 that it works completely (after all, they weren't sure what strain this was, so no way it's gonna be perfect), with another 15% that she turns out somewhat like Shadowsage's guy...

Harg continued to walk downstairs while closing the doors leading to the hallways. Soon, he finally reached first floor, looked through the small window built in the doors, but only to discover something horrible...

There was a mob of zombies in the lobby, a HUGE mob. "So that is where most of them are, in that lobby. One of the zombies turned around and saw Harg, emitted a loud moan and ran toward Harg. Soon, the entire mob turned around, also noticed Harg, and ran toward the doors. "Here they come!" yelled Harg as he ran back up onto the second floor to get into defense position as the zombies begin to smash the doors leading to the lobby down.

Edited by HHAYD

Harg continued to walk downstairs while closing the doors leading to the hallways. Soon, he finally reached first floor, looked through the small window built in the doors, but only to discover something horrible...

There was a mob of zombies in the lobby, a HUGE mob. "So that is where most of them are, in that lobby. One of the zombies turned around and saw Harg, emitted a loud moan and ran toward Harg. Soon, the entire mob turned around, also noticed Harg, and ran toward the doors. "Here they come!" yelled Harg as he ran back up onto the second floor to get into defense position as the zombies begin to smash the doors leading to the lobby down.

When Marissa opened her mouth to reply to Samantha's reply, she heard Harg's cries. Turning to the side, she did, indeed, see that there was a huge mob of zombies. Raising her weapon, Marissa managed to mow most of them down, backpedaling into the second floor. She glanced at Samantha and Kennedy...

OOC: He's that way because during some war or another a shortage in the ACS power suit resulted in erratic messages sent along his nervous system. This change in his body's chemistry is enough to prevent complete takeover by the virus.

OOC: yes, but I RP'd as a member of the Global Anti-Zombie Treaty Organization, specifically the vice-chair. I don't have armor, but I have the next best thing--access to all research done into stopping them at that time. Of course, this zombie virus may be a new stain, which is why I gave it the odds I did--and why the it has the possibility of interacting with her system the way it did with his.

When Marissa opened her mouth to reply to Samantha's reply, she heard Harg's cries. Turning to the side, she did, indeed, see that there was a huge mob of zombies. Raising her weapon, Marissa managed to mow most of them down, backpedaling into the second floor. She glanced at Samantha and Kennedy...

Samantha was busy shooting any that came too close with her shotgun. As often as not, the blast from her weapon was enough to blow them into gory chunks. It was a good thing she had a strong stomach...

Harg continued to fire his shotgun, blowing any zombies that came too close to the stairway into chunks. A loud screech was heard, followed by a flash of a zombie lunging toward Harg. Harg managed to knock it back and down the stairs, and then the screeching zombie was blown to pieces of flesh. Soon, the zombies stopped coming in when no more zombies stormed in. Harg walked down the stairs, through the mess of dead zombies, and into the now empty lobby. "As Kennedy said, we should go outside." said Harg as he stepped outside and looked around. "No zombies here." said Harg. He turned around and waited for the other survivors to come outside.

Edited by HHAYD

Harg continued to fire his shotgun, blowing any zombies that came too close to the stairway into chunks. A loud screech was heard, followed by a flash of a zombie lunging toward Harg. Harg managed to knock it back and down the stairs, and then the screeching zombie was blown to pieces of flesh. Soon, the zombies stopped coming in when no more zombies stormed in. Harg walked down the stairs, through the mess of dead zombies, and into the now empty lobby. "As Kennedy said, we should go outside." said Harg as he stepped outside and looked around. "Hey, it isn't so bad out here..." said Harg. Unexpectedly, a window was heard being broken, followed by a stupid zombie that slammed on top of a car. Heavily dented by the falling zombie, the car's anti theft alarm went off. Harg ran back into the building and said, "Oh crap, everyone, get into that men's bathroom so we can focus our firing better. There is going to be a big mob coming soon..." He ran into the bathroom, and yelled, "Hey guys, there are some gas cans, ammo, and weapons in here. Hurry up!" as yells from the zombies outside can be heard.

OOC: you know, a break in the fighting every once in a while wouldn't be that unrealistic...

OOC: you know, a break in the fighting every once in a while wouldn't be that unrealistic...

OOC: Oops, sorry. For some reason I was always thinking about those L4D game mod programs that set the game into a forever panic mode...

Edited by HHAYD

Harg continued to fire his shotgun, blowing any zombies that came too close to the stairway into chunks. A loud screech was heard, followed by a flash of a zombie lunging toward Harg. Harg managed to knock it back and down the stairs, and then the screeching zombie was blown to pieces of flesh. Soon, the zombies stopped coming in when no more zombies stormed in. Harg walked down the stairs, through the mess of dead zombies, and into the now empty lobby. "As Kennedy said, we should go outside." said Harg as he stepped outside and looked around. "No zombies here." said Harg. He turned around and waited for the other survivors to come outside.

As before, Samantha stayed behind Harg, keeping a wary eye on him. In doing so, she let the others exit the building before she did so...

OOC: Oops, sorry. For some reason I was always thinking about those L4D game mod programs that set the game into a forever panic mode...

OOC: No problem. it's just that some of us might want to RP a little character development.

As before, Samantha stayed behind Harg, keeping a wary eye on him. In doing so, she let the others exit the building before she did so...

Harg looked around carefully as he walked. He then walked back and said to the group while pointing toward a building nearby, "There is a church building there. We can use the sewer tunnels to reach the center of the city without being mass mobbed by the zombies. The church has a opening into the sewer system. Plus, I heard there is a safe house in that church. Besides, its getting dark, and we will need a safe place to sleep without getting eaten while sleeping."

Edited by HHAYD