Of Zombies and Men

Shadowsage

Harg continued to fire his shotgun, blowing any zombies that came too close to the stairway into chunks. A loud screech was heard, followed by a flash of a zombie lunging toward Harg. Harg managed to knock it back and down the stairs, and then the screeching zombie was blown to pieces of flesh. Soon, the zombies stopped coming in when no more zombies stormed in. Harg walked down the stairs, through the mess of dead zombies, and into the now empty lobby. "As Kennedy said, we should go outside." said Harg as he stepped outside and looked around. "No zombies here." said Harg. He turned around and waited for the other survivors to come outside.

Marissa stepped outside, reloading her weapon.

Harg looked around carefully as he walked. He then walked back and said to the group while pointing toward a building nearby, "There is a church building there. We can use the sewer tunnels to reach the center of the city without being mass mobbed by the zombies. The church has a opening into the sewer system. Plus, I heard there is a safe house in that church. Besides, its getting dark, and we will need a safe place to sleep without getting eaten while sleeping."

Marissa turned to Harg, a slightly-disgusted expression on her face. "The sewers...?"

OOC: Want me to PM them?

OOC: I got your PM. Danke. :blush:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marissa turned to Harg, a slightly-disgusted expression on her face. "The sewers...?"

Harg replied, "Fine, do you want us to fight off thousands of hungry zombies just to get to the center of the city? I think not. It is either we go through the sewer system and fight off much less zombies, or we go through the streets where we have to fight endless amount of zombies."

Harg replied, "Fine, do you want us to fight off thousands of hungry zombies just to get to the center of the city? I think not. It is either we go through the sewer system and fight off much less zombies, or we go through the streets where we have to fight endless amount of zombies."

Marissa remained silent as she mulled over Harg's retort. He had a point there. Sighing, Marissa nodded. "Very well. The sewers, it is then." She said, although she couldn't help but feel a shiver of disgust at the thought of the sewers...

Marissa remained silent as she mulled over Harg's retort. He had a point there. Sighing, Marissa nodded. "Very well. The sewers, it is then." She said, although she couldn't help but feel a shiver of disgust at the thought of the sewers...

"Good, now lets get going." replied Harg. He then stepped into the church and walked carefully down the hallways, ready to shoot any zombies that appeared.

"Good, now lets get going." replied Harg. He then stepped into the church and walked carefully down the hallways, ready to shoot any zombies that appeared.

"Better than running the risk of being infected..." Samantha muttered, following behind. "You keep an eye on him," she muttered out of the corner of her mouth to Marissa when Harg couldn't hear. "His infection should be setting in right about now..."

She then turned to face behind them, walking backward so she could cover their rear, and glancing forward only often enough to know which way to go.

"Better than running the risk of being infected..." Samantha muttered, following behind. "You keep an eye on him," she muttered out of the corner of her mouth to Marissa when Harg couldn't hear. "His infection should be setting in right about now..."

She then turned to face behind them, walking backward so she could cover their rear, and glancing forward only often enough to know which way to go.

Marissa glanced at Samantha, and nodded. "Sure thing..." She whispered back.

Harg continued to walk until he entered a large room, the room where people prayed in. However, he did not notice the whispering behind him. "Hm, it should be around here..." mumbled Harg. He then noticed an unusual steel door in the back of the room. When he got closer to the door, he heard someone saying, "Can't believe he bit me. Better than safe than sorry... Better than safe than sorry... Better than safe than sorry..."

Suddenly, a zombie ran into the room, toward Harg. Harg responded by blasting the zombie with his shotgun. The person behind the steel door shouted, "Hey! Who is there!?" Harg replied, "A group of survivors, can you let us in? We need somewhere safe to sleep without being eaten while sleeping." The person behind the door yelled back, "Yeah, like I am going to let you punks with those big guns and blood soaked clothing in here!"

Harg replied, "Aw come on, just open the door and let us in please." The person behind the door shouted, "I have a church bell in here! If you ask one more time, I am going to ring the bell and turn you guys into dinner for the zombies! You hear me!?"

Harg turned around and walked up to the group. "I did not expect someone to horde the safe house. Got any ideas how to convince that guy to let us in?" asked Harg.

Edited by HHAYD

Harg continued to walk until he entered a large room, the room where people prayed in. However, he did not notice the whispering behind him. "Hm, it should be around here..." mumbled Harg. He then noticed an unusual steel door in the back of the room. When he got closer to the door, he heard someone saying, "Can't believe he bit me. Better than safe than sorry... Better than safe than sorry... Better than safe than sorry..."

Suddenly, a zombie ran into the room, toward Harg. Harg responded by blasting the zombie with his shotgun. The person behind the steel door shouted, "Hey! Who is there!?" Harg replied, "A group of survivors, can you let us in? We need somewhere safe to sleep without being eaten while sleeping." The person behind the door yelled back, "Yeah, like I am going to let you punks with those big guns and blood soaked clothing in here!"

Harg replied, "Aw come on, just open the door and let us in please." The person behind the door shouted, "I have a church bell in here! If you ask one more time, I am going to ring the bell and turn you guys into dinner for the zombies! You hear me!?"

Harg turned around and walked up to the group. "I did not expect someone to horde the safe house. Got any ideas how to convince that guy to let us in?" asked Harg.

"I do..." Samantha said, withdrawing a small device from her boot and crossing to the door. "This should pick any lock, if I can find a place to put it..." She was careful not to let the man in tghe room hear what she said...

OOC: Electronic lock, I presume?

"I do..." Samantha said, withdrawing a small device from her boot and crossing to the door. "This should pick any lock, if I can find a place to put it..." She was careful not to let the man in tghe room hear what she said...

OOC: Electronic lock, I presume?

OOC: Those old fashion locks.

----------------------------------

IC: Harg replied, "You need a key to do that, the lock on the door is an old fashion one. Here, I have idea." Harg walked up to the door, pulled out a paper clip, straighten it, and then inserted into the lock. The moment the door unlocked, it locked again, the person behind the door shouted, "That does it! You are going to pay!"

"Ding dong!"

church bell tolls

The person behind the door: cough No! Growl Must be resistant, must be resistant, must be resistant! growls No! scream *Door unlocks*

Harg stared at the door, thinking, "WTH?" He then walked up, pushed the thick steel door open, and was imminently pounced and bitten in his right arm by a zombie that was in the safe house.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: Those old fashion locks.

----------------------------------

IC: Harg replied, "You need a key to do that, the lock on the door is an old fashion one. Here, I have idea." Harg walked up to the door, pulled out a paper clip, straighten it, and then inserted into the lock. The moment the door unlocked, it locked again, the person behind the door shouted, "That does it! You are going to pay!"

"Ding dong!"

church bell tolls

The person behind the door: cough No! Growl Must be resistant, must be resistant, must be resistant! growls No! scream *Door unlocks*

Harg stared at the door, thinking, "WTH?" He then walked up, pushed the thick steel door open, and was imminently pounced and bitten in his right arm by a zombie that was in the safe house.

Marissa scowled as she mentally cursed the person behind the door who'd rang the church bells. When she saw the zombie pounce and bite Harg, she immediately blasted it away. Wincing at the bite wound, Marissa turned to Samantha. "Another one. It seems that it will be...sooner than we thought, so to say..." She whispered to Samantha.

Marissa scowled as she mentally cursed the person behind the door who'd rang the church bells. When she saw the zombie pounce and bite Harg, she immediately blasted it away. Wincing at the bite wound, Marissa turned to Samantha. "Another one. It seems that it will be...sooner than we thought, so to say..." She whispered to Samantha.

Samantha nodded. "Nice reflexes, by the way," she said as she pushed the zombie off Harg and dragged the man into the room by the collar (OOC: Can't remember what he's wearing--is it a shirt or some kind of armor?/OOC). She looked back at Marrissa and the others as if to say 'Are you coming or what?' Though she didn't say it aloud, her expression made it clear.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Samantha nodded. "Nice reflexes, by the way," she said as she pushed the zombie off Harg and dragged him into the room. She looked back at Marrissa and the others as if to say 'Are you coming or what?' Though she didn't say it aloud, her expression made it clear.

Marissa smiled and nodded. Reloading her weapon, she entered the room...

Samantha nodded. "Nice reflexes, by the way," she said as she pushed the zombie off Harg and dragged the man into the room by the collar (OOC: Can't remember what he's wearing--is it a shirt or some kind of armor?/OOC). She looked back at Marrissa and the others as if to say 'Are you coming or what?' Though she didn't say it aloud, her expression made it clear.

OOC: A shirt.

IC: "Hey! Hey! No need to drag me in! You do know that I can walk!" groaned Harg. Harg winced at the sound of the zombies approaching by noticing the yells, screams, pounding, and running. "Get in before the zombies get into the safe house." shouted Harg. He then looked around, there were food and water bottles stacked all over the place, an electric powered stove, an opened metal cabinet filled with guns, including a grenade launcher, boxes of ammo everywhere, a dozen flashlights, dozens of flashlights, a hand powered electric generator, and there were writing of, "Better than safe than sorry." all over the walls. While staring at the writings, Harg put some anti septic on his wounds and bandaged it. He thought, "Man, that church guy went insane." He climbed upstairs onto the second floor of the safe room, and there were more boxes of supplies.

He then climbed back down and noticed a large coffin with a crack in the cover. "I know that all of you don't trust me anymore because I have been bitten twice. However, I don't want any of you having to stay up all night just to watch me. I can sleep in that coffin, the crack in the cover is large enough for me to breath. You can stack some of those boxes onto the coffin and chain them together so in case if I turn into one of those freak jobs, I would be stuck in the coffin. Even if I break free, it would generate enough noise to walk up all of you and then I would be pinned down by the boxes." said Harg.

OOC: A shirt.

IC: "Hey! Hey! No need to drag me in! You do know that I can walk!" groaned Harg. Harg winced at the sound of the zombies approaching by noticing the yells, screams, pounding, and running. "Get in before the zombies get into the safe house." shouted Harg. He then looked around, there were food and water bottles stacked all over the place, an electric powered stove, an opened metal cabinet filled with guns, including a grenade launcher, boxes of ammo everywhere, a dozen flashlights, dozens of flashlights, a hand powered electric generator, and there were writing of, "Better than safe than sorry." all over the walls. While staring at the writings, Harg put some anti septic on his wounds and bandaged it. He thought, "Man, that church guy went insane." He climbed upstairs onto the second floor of the safe room, and there were more boxes of supplies.

He then climbed back down and noticed a large coffin with a crack in the cover. "I know that all of you don't trust me anymore because I have been bitten twice. However, I don't want any of you having to stay up all night just to watch me. I can sleep in that coffin, the crack in the cover is large enough for me to breath. You can stack some of those boxes onto the coffin and chain them together so in case if I turn into one of those freak jobs, I would be stuck in the coffin. Even if I break free, it would generate enough noise to walk up all of you and then I would be pinned down by the boxes." said Harg.

Samantha raised an eyebrow.

"Very clever. OK, we'll do that."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Harg shut the steel door and locked it as a flood of zombies rushed toward the entrance of the safe house. The pounding and yells from the zombies were muffled by the thick walls and the steel door."Anyways, I am starving, who wants dinner?" asked Harg as he stared at the electric powered stove and the stacks of food.

OOC: I am assuming that everyone have entered the room.

Harg shut the steel door and locked it as a flood of zombies rushed toward the entrance of the safe house. The pounding and yells from the zombies were muffled by the thick walls and the steel door."Anyways, I am starving, who wants dinner?" asked Harg as he stared at the electric powered stove and the stacks of food.

OOC: I am assuming that everyone have entered the room.

OOC: Probably a safe assumption.

IC: Since he wasn't looking at her or the others with a hungry look, he was probably still human.

"Well, we don't know when we'll have a chance to eat again, so..." she glanced over to see what was available.

OOC: Probably a safe assumption.

IC: Since he wasn't looking at her or the others with a hungry look, he was probably still human.

"Well, we don't know when we'll have a chance to eat again, so..." she glanced over to see what was available.

Harg replied, "Look, it is.." He glanced at his watch, and continued, "it is 6:48 PM right now. Fighting against the zombies during night time WILL be more dangerous than during daytime. The amount of food and water here is WAY more than we can carry around without a pickup truck or some other large vehicle. Besides, we need sleep and when was the last time you eaten?"

Edited by HHAYD

Harg was starving while rummaging through the stacks of food and supplies. He hauled out cans of baked beans, precooked air sealed sausages, precooked canned bacon, cans of vegetables, a package of powdered milk, loafs of bread, and some cooking wares. He then turned on the electric stove and opened a package of the precooked air sealed sausages, a can of vegetables, bacon, and baked beans. He then pulled out a large pan to cook the bacon, sausages, and vegetables, and a pot to cook the baked beans. "Like it or not, I am not going to skip dinner, especially after skipping my lunch just to avoid being mobbed by the zombies." said Harg as he begin to cook the food.

Edited by HHAYD

Kennedy shuffled around anxiously, like a dog nervous to get food.

"I...I need to go eat." He gestured at the door almost shamefully and walked out, ensuring they locked it behind him. It was disgusting, what he had to do to survive but so be it. His highly mutated senses took but a few moments to locate an isolated infected, and he pounced.

The meat shredded under his claws as it shuddered and died. It hurt his stomach to eat the decomposing flesh, but he would NOT partake of the flesh of the living. The Infected would serve to provide his sustenance for the nonce.

He clawed at the door a few times, wanting back in after his meal.

Kennedy shuffled around anxiously, like a dog nervous to get food.

"I...I need to go eat." He gestured at the door almost shamefully and walked out, ensuring they locked it behind him. It was disgusting, what he had to do to survive but so be it. His highly mutated senses took but a few moments to locate an isolated infected, and he pounced.

The meat shredded under his claws as it shuddered and died. It hurt his stomach to eat the decomposing flesh, but he would NOT partake of the flesh of the living. The Infected would serve to provide his sustenance for the nonce.

He clawed at the door a few times, wanting back in after his meal.

Harg stared at the door, thinking, "Did the zombies smell our food or what?" He then shouted through the door, "Is it you Kennedy?"

Harg was starving while rummaging through the stacks of food and supplies. He hauled out cans of baked beans, precooked air sealed sausages, precooked canned bacon, cans of vegetables, a package of powdered milk, loafs of bread, and some cooking wares. He then turned on the electric stove and opened a package of the precooked air sealed sausages, a can of vegetables, bacon, and baked beans. He then pulled out a large pan to cook the bacon, sausages, and vegetables, and a pot to cook the baked beans. "Like it or not, I am not going to skip dinner, especially after skipping my lunch just to avoid being mobbed by the zombies." said Harg as he begin to cook the food.

Marissa raised an eyebrow at the...considerable selection of food Harg had. She got out the bag of beef jerky and began eating the beef jerky...