Of Zombies and Men

Shadowsage

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the brief respite, Samantha took a number of the MRE's (OOC: Meals Ready-to Eat--I assume that's what your pmeal packs are.../OOC), one of the med-kits, two of the napalm bottles, and one of the hats with the flashlight attached. She also took one of the replacement cartriges for her pistol, as she noted he had the same kind she did. Her shotgun remained in her hand.

She was also a little worn from the run, but not nearly so as Marrissa. She could run like that again if it was necessary...

OOC: Heh heh... :awesome:

-------------------------

IC: As everyone collected the supplies, Harg wondered where to go next, only to hear large amount of glass breaking across the street...

He imminently spun around, seeing a flood of zombies pouring out of a several buildings' windows, a mob of burning zombies (and some of them collapsed to the ground from being roasted too long) ran out of the alley that he blocked with napalm earlier, and the zombies were running toward them. As the flood of zombies continue to pour down, several car alarms went off from so many zombies falling onto the cars. "OH CRAP, here they come!! Quick, get into that alley behind us and climb up on that apartment building's fire escape stairs!" Yelled Harg as he grabbed some of the supplies and gears, ran into an empty alley and started climbing the fire escape stairs.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: Heh heh... :awesome:

-------------------------

IC: As everyone collected the supplies, Harg wondered where to go next, only to hear large amount of glass breaking across the street...

He imminently spun around, seeing a flood of zombies pouring out of a several buildings' windows, a mob of burning zombies (and some of them collapsed to the ground from being roasted too long) ran out of the alley that he blocked with napalm earlier, and the zombies were running toward them. As the flood of zombies continue to pour down, several car alarms went off from so many zombies falling onto the cars. "OH CRAP, here they come!! Quick, get into that alley behind us and climb up on that apartment building's fire escape stairs!" Yelled Harg as he grabbed some of the supplies and gears, ran into an empty alley and started climbing the fire escape stairs.

Samantha cursed. "Isn't there and end to these f***ers?" She had her pistol out and was aiming for the head of any that got too close. She offered to help give the weary Marissa a boost onto the fire escape at the same time she blasted one zombie away...

Samantha cursed. "Isn't there and end to these f***ers?" She had her pistol out and was aiming for the head of any that got too close. She offered to help give the weary Marissa a boost onto the fire escape at the same time she blasted one zombie away...

"I don't think so, they seem to be hungry for living meat 24/7 until they die." replied Harg as he stopped at the 2nd floor of the fire escape stairs and continued to reload. "You guys get on the fire escape stairs. I am going to cover you." yelled Harg as he finish reloading his shotgun and started firing at any zombies who come too close to his buddies. When his shotgun clicked empty, he pulled out a modified pipe bomb, switched the on/off button on, and threw it into the mob of zombies. He smiled as he reloaded as the blinking red light pipe bomb landed into the mob, attracting almost all of the zombies.

OOC: The apartment building is 6 floors high.

Edited by HHAYD

Marissa smiled in gratitude. "Thank you." She said as she accepted the boost. Latching on the fire escape, she began to climb up the ladder...

Kennedy let the other survivors take the fire escape; he had better things to do. Like, namely, climbing to the top. He experimentally dug his claws into the moist brick and watched as they went through with ease. He smiled nastily and began nimbly scaling the side of the building. He reached the top of the fire-escape while the others were still attempting to climb the maze of ladders.

"Coast is clear, better hurry." Kennedy shouted down to them. Almost as if in response to his happiness, an undead man lumbered out of the building the fire-escape was attached to. Kennedy dodged his clumsy lunge and planted a boot on its' back, sending it plummeting to die far below.

"I really MEANT it when I said hurry!!"

Kennedy let the other survivors take the fire escape; he had better things to do. Like, namely, climbing to the top. He experimentally dug his claws into the moist brick and watched as they went through with ease. He smiled nastily and began nimbly scaling the side of the building. He reached the top of the fire-escape while the others were still attempting to climb the maze of ladders.

"Coast is clear, better hurry." Kennedy shouted down to them. Almost as if in response to his happiness, an undead man lumbered out of the building the fire-escape was attached to. Kennedy dodged his clumsy lunge and planted a boot on its' back, sending it plummeting to die far below.

"I really MEANT it when I said hurry!!"

Marissa reached the top of the ladder. Upon reaching there, she straightened herself up and glared at Kennedy a bit. "Yes, we do need to hurry up. We all know that."

Marissa reached the top of the ladder. Upon reaching there, she straightened herself up and glared at Kennedy a bit. "Yes, we do need to hurry up. We all know that."

Marrissa wasn't the only one nettled by Kennedy's impatience.

"Yes, I think we can see for ourselves that we need to hurry..." she holstered the pistol and grabbed the shotgun, blasting the one zombie that dared to charge away from the pipe bomb...she still had a hand out to Mendoza...

Harj looked around, knowing he lived in this apartment building. The apartment building was H shaped, but half of it collapsed for some reason. "I think we can get into my apartment room, resupply, and then use the other fire escape stairway that didn't completely collapsed. We can't use the other fire escape stairway from the rooftop since the upper part of the stairway collapsed. Also, my room is on the 6th floor, and there is a hole in the roof that leads to it." Said Harg as he jumped down in a hole in the roof and landed in his apartment bedroom, on his wreaked bed.

Harg looked around in his apartment room. "Good, no zombies." mumbled Harg. "The coast is clear, no zombies here." yelled Harj as he pulled out backpacks to fill them with supplies.

Edited by HHAYD

Marrissa wasn't the only one nettled by Kennedy's impatience.

"Yes, I think we can see for ourselves that we need to hurry..." she holstered the pistol and grabbed the shotgun, blasting the one zombie that dared to charge away from the pipe bomb...she still had a hand out to Mendoza...

"Thanks," Mendoza grabbed her hand and pulled hard, catapulting himself ahead of her. Turning around swiftly, he grabbed the back of her shirt/armor (wearing a vest? I dunno) and pulled her towards him, knowing that the momentum of pulling her down would have given her a swift grave. "Sorry 'bout that," he muttered, grabbing his shotgun and twisting around, his back itching from the extra supplies.

"Now, to save us the trouble," he pulled out the knife he carried and dug into the brick around where the fire escape was anchored. Within second, the weak brick imploded with the stress and he moved on to the other side. Ten seconds later, the escape was loose from the top and leaning backwards. "It's a weak thing," Mendoza spoke out loud, now on all fours and digging in the last two areas where the escape held onto the building. When those were done, he got up and gave the fire escape a mighty kick, separating it from the building. It splintered from the rest of the apartment and slammed onto the apartment across from them, making sure that whatever zombies that were coming up it went to the wrong building.

"Whenever we need an escape, we jump across. These $%&@ers have bad hand-eye coordination."

ooc: when you shoot propane tanks, they don't explode, they create a small fire and zoom away

Edited by Sargun

There were 1 liter canteens of water, dried food such as beef jerky and bags of cereal mixed with peanut butter and dried milk powder, ready to eat meals, med-kits, more flashlights and batteries, another emergency radio, distress rockets, assault rifles, pistols, shotguns, gun ammo, bottles of napalm, containers of MAP gas, and modified pipe bombs in the kitchen.

"Grab all you can" shouted Harg as he continue to fill the backpacks. "By the way, once we are finished resupplying, we are going to remove the barricades on the front door and then fight our way to another fire escape stairway to avoid the mob of zombies."

Edited by HHAYD

Harj looked around, knowing he lived in this apartment building. The apartment building was H shaped, but half of it collapsed for some reason. "I think we can get into my apartment room, resupply, and then use the other fire escape stairway that didn't completely collapsed. We can't use the other fire escape stairway from the rooftop since the upper part of the stairway collapsed. Also, my room is on the 6th floor, and there is a hole in the roof that leads to it." Said Harg as he jumped down in a hole in the roof and landed in his apartment bedroom, on his wreaked bed.

Harg looked around in his apartment room. "Good, no zombies." mumbled Harg. "The coast is clear, no zombies here." yelled Harj as he pulled out backpacks to fill them with supplies.

"That's good. Now, you dont need to shout in here. We don't want them to know we're in here, do we?" Marissa joked.

"Thanks," Mendoza grabbed her hand and pulled hard, catapulting himself ahead of her. Turning around swiftly, he grabbed the back of her shirt/armor (wearing a vest? I dunno) and pulled her towards him, knowing that the momentum of pulling her down would have given her a swift grave. "Sorry 'bout that," he muttered, grabbing his shotgun and twisting around, his back itching from the extra supplies.

"Now, to save us the trouble," he pulled out the knife he carried and dug into the brick around where the fire escape was anchored. Within second, the weak brick imploded with the stress and he moved on to the other side. Ten seconds later, the escape was loose from the top and leaning backwards. "It's a weak thing," Mendoza spoke out loud, now on all fours and digging in the last two areas where the escape held onto the building. When those were done, he got up and gave the fire escape a mighty kick, separating it from the building. It splintered from the rest of the apartment and slammed onto the apartment across from them, making sure that whatever zombies that were coming up it went to the wrong building.

"Whenever we need an escape, we jump across. These $%&@ers have bad hand-eye coordination."

ooc: when you shoot propane tanks, they don't explode, they create a small fire and zoom away

Marissa nodded. "So you say."

There were 1 liter canteens of water, dried food such as beef jerky, cereal mixed with peanut butter and dried milk powder, ready to eat meals, med-kits, more flashlights and batteries, another emergency radio, distress rockets, assault rifles, pistols, shotguns, gun ammo, bottle of napalm, containers of MAP gas, and modified pipe bombs in the kitchen.

"Grab all you can" shouted Harg as he continue to fill the backpacks.

Marissa grinned. Finally, she could have something to defend herself and her new friends! "Thanks. I owe you." She said as she went to get a shotgun, a pistol, and an assault rifle, and their ammunition. She was a pretty strong woman, she could handle these weapons pretty well. She wasn't hungry, but she took some beef jerky just in case.

Marissa nodded. "So you say."

"So I say? So I say?" Mendoza growled and shoved Marissa out of anger and frustration, then slammed his fist into a wall. "I've been watching these $%&@ers since they started coming out of the ground. "I don't know about those goddamn half-human ones, but once they go full zombie their motor skills get real low for a while. Anyone of those bumbling things tries to jump across, they'll hit the wall or grab onto the ledge and fall off. I've watched and heard those.. monsters.. do things to people I could never imagine. I know about them. They won't make it across."

"Finished." said Harg as he finished filling the backpacks with food, med-kits, flash lights, batteries, hats with flashlights attached, distress rockets, and bottles of napalm.

"Hurry up, we can't stick around here for long. Otherwise, the zombies might bust through the walls or the door like what they did last time with the ceiling in my bedroom 5 days ago. It was NOT fun beating every last zombies to death with a med-kit since my weapons were across the room. I then had to dump all of the dead zombies out of the window after I was finished." exclaimed Harg.

"So I say? So I say?" Mendoza growled and shoved Marissa out of anger and frustration, then slammed his fist into a wall. "I've been watching these $%&@ers since they started coming out of the ground. "I don't know about those goddamn half-human ones, but once they go full zombie their motor skills get real low for a while. Anyone of those bumbling things tries to jump across, they'll hit the wall or grab onto the ledge and fall off. I've watched and heard those.. monsters.. do things to people I could never imagine. I know about them. They won't make it across."

"Whoa, whoa whoa. Calm down, the last thing I want is a gun fight here over some small issues. I remember seeing three idiots arguing over a bottle of water and they shot at each other when the argument got worse. Guess who won? No one, they were killed by each other, I just took their water bottle and ran off." said Harg.

Edited by HHAYD

Marissa was taken off-guard and stumbled a bit, clearly shocked and stunned. Did he just shove her?

"...I was referring to the last line. That the zombies had bad hand-eye coordination..." She said in a low voice, glaring at Mendoza. "But I'm sorry if I angered you. I didn't mean to."

OOC: =3

Edited by JEDCJT

Harg knew something bad was going to happen. He wasn't sure what it was, but...

Suddenly, showers of concrete and drywall pieces flew, and a hole appeared in the wall, with a bloody zombie arm swinging wildly, trying to reach the survivors and screams from the zombies outside.

"God, will they ever stop stalking us?!" exclaimed Harg as he fired at the zombies through the hole they created. It was a good thing all of his shotguns could hold 20 shells at a time and are semi-automatic. He emptied all 20 shells in 10 seconds, but there were too many zombies. "Hurry up you guys, they are going to knock down the wall!" yelled Harg as he reloaded and the zombies punched out more chunks of the wall around the hole, making the hole larger.

Edited by HHAYD

Kennedy sat crouched on his legs, perfectly balanced on the rooftop. He lifted his face and sniffed the air, but couldn't pick up anything really specific around due to the all-pervasive smell of smoke. And the sickly sweet smell of burning flesh, courtesy of the newcomer.

His thoughts began to wander when he realized that the other survivors were screaming below him. The imitation gargoyle turned and dove through the hole. Not a moment too soon either; zombified hands were attempting to force their way through the wall.

Kennedy lifted an eyebrow elegantly before acting. His 10mm Submachine Gun rang out, sounding for all the world like several sheets of paper ripping in sequence. A few of the arms ceased their quest and he holstered the weapon, intending to save ammunition.

Being partially infected, Sylvester had no intention of seeing whether or not he was affected by the Fire-Alarm Bombs. So, he grabbed a Molotov $@tail and threw it into the breach.

"Guys, we're gonna need to hit up the Imperial Armory towards the center of town. If the infestation is this severe, we'll need the firepower." He motioned towards the roof and climbed out, expecting the rest of them to follow.

Upon seeing the zombies try to claw their way out of the hole in the wall, Marissa readied her assault weapon and let it all out. Hails of bullets assailed the zombies, inflicting massive casaulties. But still, the zombies kept on coming.

Upon hearing of Kennedy's statement regarding the Imperial armory, Marissa nodded and followed Kennedy, climbing out...

Kennedy sat crouched on his legs, perfectly balanced on the rooftop. He lifted his face and sniffed the air, but couldn't pick up anything really specific around due to the all-pervasive smell of smoke. And the sickly sweet smell of burning flesh, courtesy of the newcomer.

His thoughts began to wander when he realized that the other survivors were screaming below him. The imitation gargoyle turned and dove through the hole. Not a moment too soon either; zombified hands were attempting to force their way through the wall.

Kennedy lifted an eyebrow elegantly before acting. His 10mm Submachine Gun rang out, sounding for all the world like several sheets of paper ripping in sequence. A few of the arms ceased their quest and he holstered the weapon, intending to save ammunition.

Being partially infected, Sylvester had no intention of seeing whether or not he was affected by the Fire-Alarm Bombs. So, he grabbed a Molotov $@tail and threw it into the breach.

"Guys, we're gonna need to hit up the Imperial Armory towards the center of town. If the infestation is this severe, we'll need the firepower." He motioned towards the roof and climbed out, expecting the rest of them to follow.

Harg replied, "I suppose yes, but using the rooftop and climbing down the other half of the apartment that collapsed is no fun, considering the amount of zombies attacking you while you are trying to climb down." As he walked toward the hole in the ceiling, he accidentally tripped over a splintered wood and fell down. The flooring beneath Harg suddenly gave away, causing him to fall into the 5th floor in another room. Harg was imminently attacked by zombies. As Harg fired his shotgun at the zombies, he screamed "#$^&!! Help!"

OOC: Keep in mind that Harg is immune against the zombie viruses.

Edited by HHAYD

Harg replied, "I suppose yes, but since you threw that flaming bomb into the breach, now our only escape route is blocked. Besides, the only escape route by using the rooftop is by climbing down the other half of the apartment that collapsed, and that is no fun, considering the amount of zombies attacking you while you are trying to climb down." As he walked toward the bedroom, the flooring suddenly gave away, causing him to fall into the 5th floor in another room. Harg was imminently attacked by zombies. As Harg fired his shotgun at the biting zombies, he screamed "#$^&!! Help!"

Marissa heard this and bolted to the edge of the gaping hole. She aimed her assault weapon and blasted the zombies away. She continued doing this as to keep the zombies at bay so Harg could regain his balance.

OOC: Okeyz. :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

Marissa heard this and bolted to the edge of the gaping hole. She aimed her assault weapon and blasted the zombies away. She continued doing this as to keep the zombies at bay so Harg could regain his balance.

OOC: Okeyz. :awesome:

Finally the zombies stopped attacking Harg, they were all dead. "Thanks" mumbled Harg as he jumps and grabs onto the broken 6th flooring, and starts pulling himself up. "There is another apartment close to this apartment building. If we can use a panel that is over 2 meters long, we can climb onto the other apartment building nearby and use that apartment building's fire escape stairway to climb down. The problem is, there are going to be more zombies in the downtown area of this city and of course, more cars equipped with car alarms. " said Harg as he finally pulls himself up.

He then ran back into the living room, ignoring the zombies screaming from being roasted by the fire outside, and grabbed the backpacks full of supplies. After he ran back into the bedroom, he dumped the supply backpacks onto the floor, closed the door shut and locked it, then shoved a large clothing cabinet and a mini cabinet against the door, grabbed a backpack, and started climbing out the of bedroom and back onto the rooftop of the apartment building. "Be sure to bring a supply backpack with you, you never know if we get split up and then need supplies." remarked Harg when he noticed Kennedy and Marissa wasn't wearing one of the supply backpacks.

OOC: I am assuming that everyone have already entered the bedroom or on the rooftop.

Edited by HHAYD