Of Zombies and Men

Shadowsage

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mendoza smiled and kept his shotgun pointing at the new woman, who he could barely see through the night. "He's our way out of this mess, my precious," he said, reverting back to his schoolteacher form. He called the boys "my son" and the girls "my precious" or "darling", and they all knew he regarded them as if they were his kids, not as a pedo like some would. "Er, sorry," he said, not meaning to call an adult woman with a shotgun 'my precious'. "He is our way out. Now, that shotgun could go one of two ways. One, you fire and you get shot in the face. Two, you don't, and you don't get shot in the face."

OOC: Sorry, but I was sorta waiting for Shadow to reply first before continuing so. ;)

IC:

Marissa, startled, once again subconsciously took position in front of Kennedy. "Hold on! We're not infected, although Kennedy is...but he's still got control of himself. Don't shoot!" Marissa said as she glared at the mysterious woman.

The sudden appearance of another person made Kennedy smile in greeting, only to falter and frown down the barrel of a particularly nasty looking Shotgun.

"Have I eaten your face yet? No? Try not to point that at me."

OOC: Actually, I said it was a sidearm. I was under the impression that meant a handgun. But I can go with a shotgun too.

IC: "Thanks for not trying to eat me, but I prefer to make sure. No one can resist the infection forever."

Mendoza smiled and kept his shotgun pointing at the new woman, who he could barely see through the night. "He's our way out of this mess, my precious," he said, reverting back to his schoolteacher form. He called the boys "my son" and the girls "my precious" or "darling", and they all knew he regarded them as if they were his kids, not as a pedo like some would. "Er, sorry," he said, not meaning to call an adult woman with a shotgun 'my precious'. "He is our way out. Now, that shotgun could go one of two ways. One, you fire and you get shot in the face. Two, you don't, and you don't get shot in the face."

"'My precious?'" she snorted, quoting him. She shook her head. "No, trust me, dear," she said, in a a more mature imitation of what he'd said, and smiling mysteriously as she did, "you'd be dead before you could squeeze the trigger."

She did, however lower her weapon. "But, I never saw someone so far along in the infection be so coherant, so I guess he's safe--for now." She did not put it away, but kept it in her hand, having it ready at a moment's notice.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Sorry... :blush:

IC: Marissa continued to glare at the mysterious woman, still standing in front of Kennedy. 'You better not harm him...' She thought.

Samantha glared right back, not knowing the other woman's thoughs, but figuring she could probably guess. From her behavior and attitude, she was probably more than a little infatuated with that...whatever he was now.

IC: "Thanks for not trying to eat me, but I prefer to make sure. No one can resist the infection forever."

"'My precious?'" she snorted, quoting him. She shook her head. "No, trust me, dear," she said, in a a more mature imitation of what he'd said, and smiling mysteriously as she did, "you'd be dead before you could squeeze the trigger."

She did, however lower her weapon. "But, I never saw someone so far along in the infection be so coherant, so I guess he's safe--for now." She did not put it away, but kept it in her hand, having it ready at a moment's notice.

"No need to be an $@!," he muttered under his breath. As soon as she lowered her weapon, he flinched his gun up. "Dead. Don't be $@y, these can kill you before you have time to think about it."

Kennedy growled deeply from the back of his throat, bringing the rest of the group's attention back on him. He eyed them all with amber orbs unseen beneath his hood. The claws resting on his sides twitched menacingly from time-to-time as he spoke.

"We'll just have to see. What are you doing here? You do NOT look like one of the locals."

"No need to be an $@!," he muttered under his breath. As soon as she lowered her weapon, he flinched his gun up. "Dead. Don't be $@y, these can kill you before you have time to think about it."

"My point exactly," she said, with a telling glance at the sawed-off barrel of her weapon.

Kennedy growled deeply from the back of his throat, bringing the rest of the group's attention back on him. He eyed them all with amber orbs unseen beneath his hood. The claws resting on his sides twitched menacingly from time-to-time as he spoke.

"We'll just have to see. What are you doing here? You do NOT look like one of the locals."

"That's because I'm not. I was sent to discover just exactly HOW the infection spread from Diberia to here, or if it's an unrelated occurance, why it happened at all."

"That's because I'm not. I was sent to discover just exactly HOW the infection spread from Diberia to here, or if it's an unrelated occurance, why it happened at all."

Marissa continued to glare at the woman. "As was I. Now, do we want to stay here and bicker among ourselves or do we want to actually try to find a way out of here?"

A slightly more menacing growl emanated from the back of Kennedy's throat. The hair on his arms stood up straight and a chill ran through his spine. 'A Spy? Here? For how long?' Thoughts raced through his mind like quicksilver before he settled on one question.

"How did you get into my country?"

Before she could respond, though, a shriek very similar to Kennedy's own war-cry sounded from behind her. Pure instinct forced Sylvester into motion, his mutated leg muscles coiling and leaping in one smooth movement. Behind the 'spy' an extremely athletic Infected had leapt through the air. His form was moving so fast it was nothing but a blur against the night sky.

And Sylvester smashed into him, stopping the hell-leap short.

The two, man and infected, tumbled to the ground in a heap of yowling screams and kicking limbs. The obviously confused attacker wasted no time in turning his full fury upon the desperately blocking Kennedy. Lightning-quick slashes and parries by both of them left the horrified spectators grimacing. Wounds looking for all the world like knife-slashes cut into Kennedy's chest from the frantically thrashing Undead Man.

Panting, Kennedy drew back from it on all fours and circled warily. The other likewise did the same. Both of them were superb fighters, evenly matched at the animalistic way of battle. But Kennedy had a single advantage. He stood up, reached into his waist-band and fired the entire clip of his pistol into the snarling apparition.

Marissa continued to glare at the woman. "As was I. Now, do we want to stay here and bicker among ourselves or do we want to actually try to find a way out of here?"

She was going to say that she had no intention of leaving until she had ascertained what she caome for, but before she could, she heard the shriek from behind her.

A slightly more menacing growl emanated from the back of Kennedy's throat. The hair on his arms stood up straight and a chill ran through his spine. 'A Spy? Here? For how long?' Thoughts raced through his mind like quicksilver before he settled on one question.

Before she could respond, though, a shriek very similar to Kennedy's own war-cry sounded from behind her. Pure instinct forced Sylvester into motion, his mutated leg muscles coiling and leaping in one smooth movement. Behind the 'spy' an extremely athletic Infected had leapt through the air. His form was moving so fast it was nothing but a blur against the night sky.

The two, man and infected, tumbled to the ground in a heap of yowling screams and kicking limbs. The obviously confused attacker wasted no time in turning his full fury upon the desperately blocking Kennedy. Lightning-quick slashes and parries by both of them left the horrified spectators grimacing. Wounds looking for all the world like knife-slashes cut into Kennedy's chest from the frantically thrashing Undead Man.

Panting, Kennedy drew back from it on all fours and circled warily. The other likewise did the same. Both of them were superb fighters, evenly matched at the animalistic way of battle. But Kennedy had a single advantage. He stood up, reached into his waist-band and fired the entire clip of his pistol into the snarling apparition.

Instantly upon hearing the shriek, she dropped, bringing her weapon to bear, but before she could fire, Kennedy had reacted. When he unloaded is clip into the thing, halting it, she blasted it once in the head for good measure.

At this horrific sound, Marissa -- with a yelp -- lost her balance and fell to the ground. She watched, horrified, as Kennedy and the mysterious creature wrestled each other. Oh, if only she had her shotgun...

At this horrific sound, Marissa -- with a yelp -- lost her balance and fell to the ground. She watched, horrified, as Kennedy and the mysterious creature wrestled each other. Oh, if only she had her shotgun...

Samantha, not being the complete prick she made herself out to be, got up after blasting the zombie, and offered a hand to help Marrissa up, though still keeping a wary eye on the 'corpse' in case it reanimated...in addition, she added an oservation. "You know, I have no doubt a zombie somewhere heard those shots. they aren't completely senseless, despite what people may think."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Samantha, not being the complete prick she made herself out to be, got up after blasting the zombie, and offered a hand to help Marrissa up, though still keeping a wary eye on the 'corpse' in case it reanimated...in addition, she added an oservation. "You know, I have no doubt a zombie somewhere heard those shots. they aren't completely senseless, despite what people may think."

Marissa blinked and nodded. "Yes...so you say." She took Samantha's hand and got up. "Thank you." She said, smiling a little.

Marissa blinked and nodded. "Yes...so you say." She took Samantha's hand and got up. "Thank you." She said, smiling a little.

Samantha returned the smile, answering with a quiet "You're welcome," still waiting for the others to say yay or nay to her suggestion that they leave their current location...

OOC: You can, if ya want to... :awesome:

OOC: Okay... :awesome:

--------------

IC: Harg John is a Imperium-Heskan citizen. He was in the Heska's military, but during the instability chaos in Heska, he left the nation and became a citizen in Imperium of America. He used his remaining money to buy a building and turn it into a grocery store. Due to the financial successes, he built another grocery store and a hardware store. However, when the zombies attacked the city, Harg attempted to barricade himself in his apartment, but that didn't work when the zombies busted through the ceiling and mass bit him. He managed to fight off the zombies with a first aid kit. 5 days after his first encounter with the zombies, he showed no signs of zombie infections because for some reason, he was immune against the zombie viruses, but is wandering around in the zombie infested city, hoping to find a way to escape.

"Darn it, where can I go without meeting a wall of zombies?" mumbled Harg as he walked around, with a 15 gauge shotgun in his hand, an assault rifle with a strap that hanged from his back, a backpack full of food, first aid kits, some bottles of napalm, and dual pistols strapped to his pants, modified pipe bombs (attached with red light bulbs to attract zombies), grenades, and highly pressurized MAP gas bottles (OOC: MAP gas burns 3x hotter than propane, they are often used in welding metal quickly or metal that have higher melting temperature) also strapped to his pants, plus, he is wearing large ammo belts. All of his gears basically weighted like over 150 pounds, but he knew he needed them.

As he walked, he heard a some moans and turned around, seeing a thick hordes of zombies running toward him about 300 meters away. "Oh $^#$!! I can barley handle a mob of zombies that large." thought Harg as he ran. The zombie hordes were surprisingly faster than him, because Harg is weighted down by all of his gears. "Take this you suckers!" mumbled Harg as he threw a MAP gas container into the mob of zombies that were now 50 meters away. The gas explosion was better than he thought, way too good. He did not realize that the gas container slammed into a wreaked truck full of welding tools and supplies, including MAP gas and propane containers. As a result, a bright flash of explosion erupted, generating large amount of fire, light, and noise.

The good news is that the explosion wiped out the entire mob, but the bad news is it attracted more zombies. Moments later, large amount of moans and yelling from the regular zombies can be heard. "Its the end of the world..." thought Harg as he ran into the alley, where another group of armed survivors were in...

Edited by HHAYD