Of Zombies and Men

Shadowsage

Samantha watched the others eat, not making a move toward the food despite her stomach growling its displeasure at that decision.

She was determined to wait at least until Harg was asleep before eating anything.

She also discretely wondered what Kennedy had eaten, but she had a few guesses, none of them pleasant.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harg was finished eating. He then walked up to the coffin, laid in it, and then asked, "Hey, cover me with the coffin lid and the boxes unless if you want to risk being attacked while asleep."

Marissa, still nibbling on the beef jerky, nodded as she surveyed Harg carefully...

Harg was finished eating. He then walked up to the coffin, laid in it, and then asked, "Hey, cover me with the coffin lid and the boxes unless if you want to risk being attacked while asleep."
Marissa, still nibbling on the beef jerky, nodded as she surveyed Harg carefully...

She nodded at Harg's statement, walking over to do just that. As she began moving the lid, she hlanced back at the others with raised eyebrows, as if to say 'are you going to help me?'

She nodded at Harg's statement, walking over to do just that. As she began moving the lid, she hlanced back at the others with raised eyebrows, as if to say 'are you going to help me?'

Upon seeing the inquiring expression on Samantha's face, Marissa sighed softly and put the bag of beef jerky down. She then walked toward Samantha to help with the task...

Upon seeing the inquiring expression on Samantha's face, Marissa sighed softly and put the bag of beef jerky down. She then walked toward Samantha to help with the task...

"Thank you," she said gratefully, as the lid was put in place and she reached to out one of the boxes on top.

Once that job was finished, she would see about getting her own food.

OOC: What can I say? I just ate a corpse. Granted, it was walking, but still. A little character development would be nice...

IC:

"So, Marissa..." Kennedy wiped a stray bit of blood from the corner of his mouth discreetly. "What did you do for a living, before...you know..." He motioned around the room.

"All of this...?"

OOC: What can I say? I just ate a corpse. Granted, it was walking, but still. A little character development would be nice...

IC:

"So, Marissa..." Kennedy wiped a stray bit of blood from the corner of his mouth discreetly. "What did you do for a living, before...you know..." He motioned around the room.

"All of this...?"

Harg, in the weighted down coffin, replied, "Yeah, I guess that church guy must been smart enough to stock up supplies and install a freaking steel door, and yet dumb enough to horde the safe room for himself."

Edited by HHAYD

IC:

"All of this...?"

Marissa turned to Kennedy and smiled. She looked away, trying to hide a blush on her cheek. "Well...I worked as a government agent, in the Ministry of National Security. What about you?"

Harg, in the weighted down coffin, replied, "Yeah, I guess that church guy must been smart enough to stock up supplies and install a freaking steel door, and yet dumb enough to horde the safe room for himself."

Marissa raised an eyebrow and smirked. "A talking coffin, have we?" She whispered to Kennedy.

OOC: <3

Kennedy couldn't look Marissa in the eye while he replied.

"I guess it doesn't matter if I tell you the truth. The Imperium," he began, "is a multi-faceted, extremely large country as I'm sure you are aware." At her nod seen from his peripheral vision, he continued. "There is a call for...preventers...in such an environment. That was my job. Keeping bad things from happening."

He paused, collecting himself for a moment.

"I've been in damned near every branch of the Imperial Ground Wing; Tanks, Infantry, Spec Ops, you name it. Hell, even suits." Kennedy trailed off for a few seconds, thinking of things long past. "Well, what really made me retire is the last stint I had. It was... a special outfit."

Marissa gave him a confused look, so he elaborated.

"You know how a lot of countries have secret police, under the control of the leader? Well, it's not quite the same in the Imperium. Holihan has no clue the order exists, but we do. Watching over the realm, making sure he stays true to the people."

Marissa raised an eyebrow and smirked. "A talking coffin, have we?" She whispered to Kennedy.

OOC: <3

This comment managed to crack the icy facade Samantha had up. She snorted in amusement as she began eating--a can of beef has, to be precise.

Harg shouted, "I heard that!"

"Oh, shush you. Aren't you supposed to try and get some sleep?"

"I guess it doesn't matter if I tell you the truth. The Imperium," he began, "is a multi-faceted, extremely large country as I'm sure you are aware." At her nod seen from his peripheral vision, he continued. "There is a call for...preventers...in such an environment. That was my job. Keeping bad things from happening."

"I've been in damned near every branch of the Imperial Ground Wing; Tanks, Infantry, Spec Ops, you name it. Hell, even suits." Kennedy trailed off for a few seconds, thinking of things long past. "Well, what really made me retire is the last stint I had. It was... a special outfit."

"You know how a lot of countries have secret police, under the control of the leader? Well, it's not quite the same in the Imperium. Holihan has no clue the order exists, but we do. Watching over the realm, making sure he stays true to the people."

Leaning back against the counter next to the stiove, Smantha licked off the spoon she held before speaking--and a quite long speech, for her.

"I don't doubt that. Nor would I doubt that certain other countries have similar measures in place. The only thing I always wonder is--who watches the watchdog?"

Harg shouted, "I heard that!"

Marissa rolled her eyes and chuckled. "You heard what?" She said, pretending to be innocent.

Marissa remained silent as she processed this. "Hm...that's pretty interesting. So, you watch over the Imperium?" She joked a bit.

Harg replied, "I can't sleep if there are people cracking jokes about me."

Marissa smirked. "Uh...nobody's cracking jokes about you. Go back to sleep." She winked at Samantha and Kennedy.

Marissa rolled her eyes and chuckled. "You heard what?" She said, pretending to be innocent.

Marissa smirked. "Uh...nobody's cracking jokes about you. Go back to sleep." She winked at Samantha and Kennedy.

"You and your silly jokes. Lets see if you would crack anymore jokes tomorrow when we are in the sewers..." mumbled Harg as he shifted his sleeping position.

Edited by HHAYD

"You and your silly jokes. Lets see if you would crack anymore jokes tomorrow when we are in the sewers..." mumbled Harg as he shifted his sleeping position.

Samantha shook her head at Marissa. "Lay off him. If he doesn't get any sleep, I'm probably not going to either."

OOC: I can't remember--who here actualy knows the name of who? Kennedy and Marissa know each other, I know, but what about the others?

Marissa giggled a bit. "I was just kidding, of course."

Samantha shook her head at Marissa. "Lay off him. If he doesn't get any sleep, I'm probably not going to either."

OOC: I can't remember--who here actualy knows the name of who? Kennedy and Marissa know each other, I know, but what about the others?

At Samantha's comment, Marissa pouted a bit, but nodded.

OOC: Sargun RPs as Mendoza. We know the others.

(That's what you mean, right? :huh:)

Marissa giggled a bit. "I was just kidding, of course."

At Samantha's comment, Marissa pouted a bit, but nodded.

OOC: Sargun RPs as Mendoza. We know the others.

(That's what you mean, right? :huh: )

OOC: no, I'm referring to, ICwise, which characters know the names of the others?