CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Before i forget, whats everyones opinion on classified stuff? I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe anyone can move, say, 300,000 troops and NOT be found out? Anyone with Binoculars could see that.

Should their be atleast a Gentlemen (and its female counterpart) Rule that the CLASSFIED stuff should not be abused in situations where any decent Intel Agency could find it out?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before i forget, whats everyones opinion on classified stuff? I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe anyone can move, say, 300,000 troops and NOT be found out? Anyone with Binoculars could see that.

Should their be atleast a Gentlemen (and its female counterpart) Rule that the CLASSFIED stuff should not be abused in situations where any decent Intel Agency could find it out?

Classified equals: Military operations via paper, conversations through letter, or small packages of anything.

Anything that can be handled by one person can we considered Classified. Too many spy satellites, tapping instruments, hacking and anything that could cause things to become...unclassified.

Moving an army is not classified. Saying what you will be doing soon with your army to other generals or allies can be classified.

So, the constant whining, mod posts, OOC, and general Fail has left me confusedIs the war in Europe over?
Hardly, things are just heating up, several silos are still hot, and some still haven’t had an opportunity to fire their missiles and will have to wait until the GM’s sort out the current round of missiles.

The atomic exchange has pushed groundfighting posts to a halt, but once the clutter is cleared we’ll all get to see the conventional battles of the European front.

Postscript: Could someone please compile all the links to all the relevant European War threads here? A list of locations devastated by the atomic attacks would be also be appreciated.

Edited by Generalissimo

Hardly, things are just heating up, several silos are still hot, and some still haven’t had an opportunity to fire their missiles and will have to wait until the GM’s sort out the current round of missiles.

The atomic exchange has pushed groundfighting posts to a halt, but once the clutter is cleared we’ll all get to see the conventional battles of the European front.

Well I'm just wondering because I'm seeing a lot of threads that are going on about how their country is settling in to deal with Nuclear fallout, and I'm not seeing any threads in regards to the actual war

Well I'm just wondering because I'm seeing a lot of threads that are going on about how their country is settling in to deal with Nuclear fallout, and I'm not seeing any threads in regards to the actual war
The new forum layout makes it impossible to find unclearly labeled threads, much less threads more than a day or two old, which is why we need to post links to related (and relevant) threads in a centralized location.

Its also because about half the actual war threads have Dramatic non-sequiter names instead of "I GOT NUKED".

Or in the case of Mael vs Mudd he did it in someone elses thread because Lavo was active in it.

I would like to call shens on Maels Missiles

Claim: ICBMs unable to be detected in the boost phase by realtime scans.

Shens: A rocket motor is a massive generator of heat, and a plume of hot gas.

Counter Claim: The rocket has liquid nitrogen injected into the plume.

Shens: If it is injected before the gas leaves the rocket, it will cool the gas, and slow it down (kinetic theory of gas) and so, there will be a slower moving, high pressure plug in your rocket, and it will stop moving, and therefore blow up or crash

If it is injected after the gas leaves the rocket, then since it does not instantly cool the gas, there will still be a IR signature. It will be just as hot, just a smaller area. Example, a blowtorch flame 3 feet long vs a flame three inches long. They are both easy to detect when you are looking for them in real time.

Counter Counter Claim: There is some sort of baffle arrangement where the gas is slowed and cooled down after exiting the reaction chamber, but before leaving the rocket.

Shens: Exactly the same problem as injecting the coolant before exit above. High pressure cold plug makes rocket go boom.

Radar stealth yes, IR stealth, BS.

"A Joint Statement" = the war in Europe

And: "An Announcement from the German Empire" Edit: LVN is correct with his stealth ICBM stuff. Being nearly invisible on radar is possible, but your heat signal will light up IR trackers like a Christmas tree.

Edited by Lavo_2

The thing is though Tahoe just got nuked by Lavo, why would he be watching anywhere in Dragonisia with IR equipped satalites when already hostile targets still have missles waiting.

You need one sat to watch half the globe. When nuclear war occurs, everyone watches everyone else. Seriously, I would have sats watching even my allies, and nations like transavaal, simply because I'm in nuclear war.