CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301138930' post='2677058']
while i wait for PI to get back to me about re-rolling in canada, i'm gonna do some RP abot pirates. I will of cause, need someone to sacrafice one of their nations merchant ships.
[/quote]
Feel free to do it in the Atlantic with one of my ships, as long as I get to chase you when you take it over. My navy is a bit bored :V

The way Pravus always explained his policy to me, and I can check to confirm his exact wording is that any protectorate he claims is available for New RP'ers alone. That and Pravus and I have conflicts of personality and I know for a fact we would not get along well together(we didn't as sovereign nations, why would we as Master/Vassal?)

Triyun- If I don't ask for land from people who already have it, it again begs my central question, with the giant empires in play as they are, Where do rerolls go? Africa is filling up/already filled. Antarctica is a useless wasteland of ice and is mostly the protectorate of the HAE anyway and he's rarely on IRC to ask questions to. The dropping it to 15 days or so is arbitrary as a number, the actual number would be devised by the GM's, but you do agree some reform needs doing. I am not asking for this because I want Hawaii or I want Poland or I want New Zealand. I am asking because I want fairness for rerolls and new RP'ers As to your point about the "It could kill a lot of nations around Final Exam times for colleges and things" That's why we have the system of locking ones nation, so that nation players say for example me as the UKIM can take a break and focus on the exams but then return lets say in a week or so to CNRP. There already is a safety net in there for players who have busy lives. Just use the lock system. But do not just post every 24th day and expect it to sit well because that's just land hording which is pointless. Let other players have a chance.

Reposted for convenience

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1301170306' post='2677371']
The way Pravus always explained his policy to me, and I can check to confirm his exact wording is that any protectorate he claims is available for New RP'ers alone. That and Pravus and I have conflicts of personality and I know for a fact we would not get along well together(we didn't as sovereign nations, why would we as Master/Vassal?)

Triyun- If I don't ask for land from people who already have it, it again begs my central question, with the giant empires in play as they are, Where do rerolls go? Africa is filling up/already filled. Antarctica is a useless wasteland of ice and is mostly the protectorate of the HAE anyway and he's rarely on IRC to ask questions to. The dropping it to 15 days or so is arbitrary as a number, the actual number would be devised by the GM's, but you do agree some reform needs doing. I am not asking for this because I want Hawaii or I want Poland or I want New Zealand. I am asking because I want fairness for rerolls and new RP'ers As to your point about the "It could kill a lot of nations around Final Exam times for colleges and things" That's why we have the system of locking ones nation, so that nation players say for example me as the UKIM can take a break and focus on the exams but then return lets say in a week or so to CNRP. There already is a safety net in there for players who have busy lives. Just use the lock system. But do not just post every 24th day and expect it to sit well because that's just land hording which is pointless. Let other players have a chance.

Reposted for convenience
[/quote]

I agree with this actually

What the hell are you talking about? I'm baffled by it. Even if your nation is in lock you must post at least once every 25 days or you lose your land. Thats the way the rule has been for a while. Lock is no protection against a prolonged period of inactivity past a wipe. Iamthey's last IC post was made on the 18th of this month. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100008&st=40&p=2669418&#entry2669418

If he does not post before the next 25 day period past that post regardless of whether or not he's in lock he goes inactive.

The policy on my protectorates is that I prefer to hold them open for new players, and new players do not have any restrictions on setting up in my protectorates. Current players who are re-rolling can re-roll into my into my protectorates with restrictions as to what their nations can be in terms of government and such.

I find that policy perfectly fair. ICly why allow an area under your control to go to a hostile power unless forced to. Look at what the US did in Cuba or the USSR in Hungary and Czechoslovakia. If someone wishes to then have that government overthrown they then of course could once its their nation but PI reserves the right to intervene just like states have IRL. Seems like a sensible thing to me.

And IAT is in lock but he needs to post still every 25 days still.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1301176676' post='2677491']
Next thing, I have no idea how much stuff a MJ of energy can do. Can you put a comparison or something in there (akin to a 14" shell, 300 pounds of TNT, etc)
[/quote]

Theres a way you can calculate it, if you give me a minute i will dig it up

[quote]
The basic metric of kinetic weapons is that anything hitting you at 3 km/s - a rock, a throw pillow, whatever - delivers 4.5 megajoules of kinetic energy per kg of mass. For comparison, TNT delivers about 4.2 megajoules, meaning that at impact speeds much above 3 km/s a conventional explosive warhead merely adds insult to injury. And kinetic energy goes up with the square of velocity, so an impactor hitting at 100 km/s delivers a whallop equal to about 1000 times its mass in TNT. This is Robinson's First Law, and someone at SFConsim-l duly coined the 'Rick' as a measure of kinetic punch. As a rough and ready measure, Ricks = (Vi / 3)^2, where Vi is impact velocity.
[/quote]

EDIT: from [url="http://www.rocketpunk-manifesto.com/2009/08/space-warfare-vi-kinetics-part-1.html"]here[/url]

Edited by Chernarussia

Yeah the big problem with doing rail guns is in my opinion a battleship only make sense if you used extended range weapons like a rail gun but it doesn't make sense to build battleships for the price of several destroyers that can be just as effective at the job. Its why I promoted a tonnage oriented naval reform months back.