CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='Ioannes' timestamp='1293594386' post='2556863']
Seems to me it was made as a CNRP OOC thread. Considering we [b]are[/b] CNRP, I think we can talk about whatever here. Besides, this topic is ultimately rooted in something CNRP related. I don't know what, but I'm sure it is.
[/quote]

You would be incorrect then.

Quote from the OP:

[quote]Here is a thread dedicated entirely to CNRP OOC matters[/quote]

Dedicated to CNRP OOC matters, not whatever spam/chatter people want to do.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1293594695' post='2556871']
You would be incorrect then.

Quote from the OP:

Dedicated to CNRP OOC matters, not whatever spam/chatter people want to do.
[/quote]

I think the roleplayers qualify as CNRP OOC matters and we were discussing each other, so...yeah.

[quote name='Ioannes' timestamp='1293596143' post='2556895']
I think the roleplayers qualify as CNRP OOC matters and we were discussing each other, so...yeah.
[/quote]
Roleplayers chatting over junk and posting just to post is not the reason this thread was created. Take it to IRC if you just want to chat/spam around. Otherwise, leave this thread open for OOC comments to IC actions.

I have to take issue with [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90697&view=findpost&p=2446088"]this post[/url] from Kankou's defense thread (yes, I know this is way after the fact. I'm at work and I'm bored, sue me).

50,000 artillery units? Sorry, but no. Artillery units, APCs, IFVs, etc. are to be lesser than or equal to total number of tanks. And sorry, no one has 50,000 tanks. Not even Lynneth.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1293641711' post='2557386']
50,000 artillery units? Sorry, but no. Artillery units, APCs, IFVs, etc. [b]are to be lesser than or equal to total number of tanks.[/b]
[/quote]

50,000 pieces are indeed excessive, regardless of RL numbers on the Korean Peninsula for our RP boards, but since when was it defined to be less than or equal to IG tanks? I thought it fell under the common sense rule?

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1293651230' post='2557525']
50,000 pieces are indeed excessive, regardless of RL numbers on the Korean Peninsula for our RP boards, but since when was it defined to be less than or equal to IG tanks? I thought it fell under the common sense rule?
[/quote]

The common sense rule in regards to tanks is that it shouldn't exceed IG tank numbers. There are numerous instances of this being ruled on the forums and IRC, go look it up if you're not afraid it will harm IC problem solving.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1293651895' post='2557535']
The common sense rule in regards to tanks is that it shouldn't exceed IG tank numbers. There are numerous instances of this being ruled on the forums and IRC, go look it up if you're not afraid it will harm IC problem solving.
[/quote]

I'm not sure as to what you mean by hurting IC problem solving, i just think for clarity such a rule (that non-MBT fighting vehicles must be less than or equal to IG tanks) should not be placed under 'common sense' due to the ambiguity of the term. It would have been reasonable for Kankou to initially assume that she would be allowed the same IG artillery concentration on the NK/SK border under 'common sense'. We should really have that written down somewhere if it isn't already.

It is written down (this question has been asked and answered before numerous times), but because Lynneth is a terrible map thread up-keeper he doesn't have it up there. :v:

Though technically she [b]can[/b] have 3,000,000 artillery pieces until a war comes along and someone challenges that assertion.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1293658680' post='2557607']
It is written down (this question has been asked and answered before numerous times), but because Lynneth is a terrible map thread up-keeper he doesn't have it up there. :v:

Though technically she [b]can[/b] have 3,000,000 artillery pieces until a war comes along and someone challenges that assertion.
[/quote]
Because nobody tells me about this stuff :V
Sometimes things are so ambiguous that I've no idea what's really true. :v:

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1293658881' post='2557609']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91995

I have updated the original post with this newest ruling to add to the compilation.
[/quote]
Gonna add a link to that in mah mapthread. :3

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1293659616' post='2557615']
Do disposable one-shot artillery guns, howitzers, and mortars fall under the "equal to or less IG MBTs"?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, yes. Gotta close the loopholes so one ass hole doesn't ruin it for everyone.

edit: apparently !@#$%^& is filtered and ass hole is not, but ass hole is considered proper english on firefox. what O_o

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1293660548' post='2557626']
Considering they're still used to kill stuff, yes.
[/quote]

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1293662303' post='2557641']
Unfortunately, yes. Gotta close the loopholes so one ass hole doesn't ruin it for everyone.

edit: apparently !@#$%^& is filtered and ass hole is not, but ass hole is considered proper english on firefox. what O_o
[/quote]
Artillery guns, howitzers, and mortars are usually designed to fire dozens or hundreds of shells before needing maintenance. The disposable equipments I was asking about would be made out of thin painted aluminum, plastic, glued compressed paper, and duct tape. They would destroy themselves as soon as they fire their first and last shell, though from a far distance, they will look intact.

Their sole purpose is to distract enemies from actual murdering artillery guns, howitzers, and mortars, especially if the enemies were using acoustic detecting equipments and had recon aircraft/satellites watching the area around the battlefield.

If that's still a problem, then I will have them fire largely harmless plastic shells made of aluminum, plastic, and rubber. Unless if an unlucky soldier gets bonked on the head by one of the shells.

Edited by HHAYD

It's still used to kill things. They may fire only one shot, but that shot can still be used to destroy or disable enemy vehicles and kill infantry. Also, just because it's a one-shot weapon doesn't mean it can be mass produced. The German Panzerfaust is a disposable anti-tank weapon - that doesn't mean I can field billions of them for all of my soldiers to use.