Tournament Edition Bugs & Suggestions

I agree with a modification to the war duration or system purely to limit the effect of inactive players. If you crush another nations army in a tech raid then they decide to give up but don't actually delete their nation or accept peace first you're stuck with a useless war slot - they still have tech, land and cash but you can't get at it because they don't have any troops, yet you can't move on and attack someone else for up to a week.

One way to solve this without changing the 7 day duration would be to continue allowing raids even when the enemies army is severely depleted, this is far more realistic after all. Alternatively the war duration could be flexible and last up to 7 days against an active player, but expire automatically say 2 days after a peace offer is given if the recipient remains inactive.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spy operations still cost a ridiculously large amount of money to conduct. <_<

Consider this: Though the decease in the cost of spies was appreciated, to conduct an actual operation will cost (on average) about 3x the amount for a full two operations per day.

Decreasing these operations by a factor of 10 would solve the problem of excessive costs while encouraging Spy Ops and broadening the field for gameplay strategy, in my opinion.

Current Ex.:

CIA cost = $14,500

2 Spies = $100,000

2 Spy Ops ≈ $225,000

TOTAL = $339,500

Offered change:

CIA cost = $14,500

2 Spies = $100,000

2 Spy Ops ≈ $22,500

TOTAL = $137,000

One last offering: It might be nice to increase the maximum number of spy ops allowed by a nation in one 24 hour period to three, not two.

Keep the limit of two attacks on a nation though. No need to bully people too badly. Players will still have to pay for the operations so if they can afford three ops, great. Let the cash be the limit this early in the game, but as the round progresses, that three times in a day limit will be beneficial to strategy and fairness.

Back to the previous round winners: the screen only shows winners for "Round 1." It does not show the winners for the round that went from the 15th-30th of August. Will that be coming online?

No, because that was just an alpha testing round. The results from that test round were not official.

having problems accepting a trade... The other nation sent the trade, i have an open slot and no other pending trades, yet I can't click on the 'awaiting approval' link since it's not a link.

this is the second time this has happened to me on TE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cut the length of each round in half, to 45 days, at least.

I think we lose members as time drags on, as people know that if they get chopped, they will never catch up by the end. Additionally, any members that missed the TE start time already start behind, so they may just say, "well, I'll play next round." Then the next round doesn't come around for a few months, and perhaps even then they forget.

I think we lose members as time drags on, as people know that if they get chopped, they will never catch up by the end. Additionally, any members that missed the TE start time already start behind, so they may just say, "well, I'll play next round." Then the next round doesn't come around for a few months, and perhaps even then they forget.

well i think it's lame if someone is only playing ot be the best, join an alliance and have fun, work together, and there are plenty of targets your size with all the war if you play right, you can catch up anyways, i've ranged from pretty high to very low lol.

I think CN:TE is great, lots of practice in warfare.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I think the costs for wonders should have 2 zeros dropped.

For example, the Pentagon - $375,000

I suggest this because there is only 30 days left and not a single wonder have been purchased over the previous 60 days. This is despite nations earning over 20 million dollars. One nation has earned $32,661,927 yet no wonders.

The 10 day limit is fine. By reducing the costs, a skilled nation might actually be able to buy a wonder every 10 days.

Just my suggestion. Currently I am ranked #3 in CN:TE yet wonders are still way out reach.

Edited by Dendarii Federation

I think CN:TE is great, lots of practice in warfare.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I think the costs for wonders should have 2 zeros dropped.

For example, the Pentagon - $375,000

I suggest this because there is only 30 days left and not a single wonder have been purchased over the previous 60 days. This is despite nations earning over 20 million dollars. One nation has earned $32,661,927 yet no wonders.

The 10 day limit is fine. By reducing the costs, a skilled nation might actually be able to buy a wonder every 10 days.

Just my suggestion. Currently I am ranked #3 in CN:TE yet wonders are still way out reach.

Yeah, I agree that wonders are far beyond considering at this point, and with a rough guess at future growth, probably remain out of reach regardless of the next 30 days, unless someone just builds one for the sake of having a wonder. Any financial wonder is simply garbage, as it can never hope to recoup its cost within the remaining time frame. Theoretically, one might consider a military wonder, but I suspect it would also be a misuse of funds.

I understand that in SE, wonders are typically started around when you start building the less helpful improvements, and that in TE, we're not likely to get enough slots to start on intelligence agencies and churches. Keeping that in mind, if it's desired to have wonders in TE, their cost/balance needs to be reconsidered, if not similar to how Dendarii suggests, somehow.

how about 5 days for wonders and these changes?

Agriculture Development Program - $375,000 - Increases land size by 15%, Increases citizen income +$2.00, Increases the citizen-bonus for land from 0.2 to 0.5. Requires 1,500 land purchased, 250 technology.

Anti-Air Defense Network - $625,000 - Reduces odds of incoming aircraft attacks against your nation -25%. Reduces aircraft attack damages against your nation -10%.

Central Intelligence Agency - $500,000 - Increases the number of spies that your nation can support +250 and increases your nation's spy attack strength +10%. Only viewable by the user who owns it.

Disaster Relief Agency - $500,000 - The disaster relief agency helps restore your nation and its people after emergency situations. Increases population +7%.

Fallout Shelter System - $500,000 - Allows 50% of your defending soldiers to survive a nuclear strike (Does not prevent nuclear Anarchy but does prevent troops from being totally depleted), Reduces tank, cruise missile, aircraft, and navy losses from a nuclear strike by -25%, Reduces nuclear anarchy effects by 1 day. Requires 1,500 infrastructure, 500 technology.

Federal Aid Commission - $312,500 - Increases citizen income +$7.00.

Foreign Air Force Base - $437,500 - Raises the aircraft limit +20 for your nation and increases the number of aircraft that can be sent in each attack mission +20.

Great Monument - $437,500 - The great monument is a testament to your great leadership. Increases happiness +4 and your population will always be happy with your government choice.

Great Temple - $437,500 - The great temple is a dedicated shrine to your national religion. Increases happiness +5 and your population will always be happy with your religion choice.

Great University - $437,500 - The great university is a central location for scholars within your nation. Decreases technology costs -10% and increases population happiness +.2% (+2 for every 100) of your nation's technology level over 20 up to 300 tech.

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - $375,000 - Allows your nation to develop +5 nuclear missiles that cannot be destroyed in spy attacks. (Nations must first be nuclear capable in order to purchase nukes.)

Internet - $437,500 - Provides Internet infrastructure throughout your nation. Increases population happiness +5.

Interstate System - $562,500 - The interstate system allows goods and materials to be transported throughout your nation with greater ease. Decreases initial infrastructure cost -8% and decreases infrastructure upkeep costs -8%.

Manhattan Project - $1,250,000 - The Manhattan Project allows nations below 5% of the top nations in the game to develop nuclear weapons. The Manhattan Project cannot be destroyed once it is created. The wonder requires 750 infrastructure, 100 technology, and a uranium resource.

Mining Industry Consortium - $312,500 - Increases population income by $2.00 for the resources Coal, Lead, Oil, Uranium that your nation has access to. Requires 1,250 infrastructure, 500 land purchased, 250 technology.

Movie Industry - $325,000 - The movie industry provides a great source of entertainment to your people. Increases population happiness +3.

National Environment Office - $1,250,000 - The national environment office removes the penalties for Coal, Oil, and Uranium when a nation imports them, improves environment by 1 point, increases population +3%, and reduces infrastructure upkeep -3%. Requires 2,000 infrastructure.

National Research Lab - $437,500 - The national research lab is a central location for scientists seeking cures for common diseases among your population. Increases population +5% and decreases technology costs -3%.

National War Memorial - $337,500 - The war memorial allows your citizens to remember its fallen soldiers. This improvement is only available to nations that have lost over 10,000 soldiers during war throughout the life of your nation. Increases population happiness +4.

Nuclear Power Plant - $937,500 - The nuclear power plant allows nations to receive Uranium financial bonus (+$3 citizen income +$0.15 per technology level up to 30 technology levels. Requires an active Uranium trade.) even when maintaining nuclear weaponry. The nuclear power plant by itself, even without a Uranium trade, reduces infrastructure upkeep -5%, national wonder upkeep -5%, and improvement upkeep -5%. Requires 2,000 infrastructure, 250 technology, and a Uranium resource to build. Nations that develop the Nuclear Power Plant must keep their government position on nuclear weapons set to option 2 or 3.

Pentagon - $375,000 - The Pentagon serves as your nations headquarters for military operations. Increases attacking and defending ground battle strength +20%.

Scientific Development Center - $1,875,000 - The scientific development center increases the productivity of your factories from -8% infrastructure cost to -10% infrastructure cost, increases the productivity of your universities from +8% citizen income to +10% citizen income, allows the Great University to give its technology happiness bonus up to 5,000 technology levels (+2 happiness each 1,000 technology levels). Requires 1,500 infrastructure, 300 technology, Great University, National Research Lab.

Social Security System - $500,000 - The social security system provides benefits to aging members of your nation. Allows you to raise taxes above 28% up to 30% without additional happiness penalties.

Space Program - $375,000 - The space program sends your astronauts to the moon and beyond. Increases happiness +3, lowers technology cost -3% and lowers aircraft cost -5%.

Stock Market - $375,000 - The stock market provides a boost to your economy. Increases citizen income +$10.00.

Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) - $937,500 - Reduces odds of a successful nuclear attack against your nation by 60%. The SDI wonder also requires 3 satellites and 3 missile defenses and those satellites and missile defenses cannot be deleted once the wonder is developed.

Universal Health Care - $1,250,000 - A Universal Health Care program increases population +3% and increases population happiness +2. Requires 2,000 infrastructure, Hospital, National Research Lab.

Weapons Research Complex - $1,875,000 - Increases the technology bonus to damage from 0.01% to 0.02% per technology level, Increases the number of nukes that can be purchased per day to 2, hurts environment by +1, Increases the purchase costs of all military by 0.01% per technology level. Requires 1,500 infrastructure, 350 technology, National Research Lab, Pentagon Wonder.

i disagree. 45 days just wouldn't be as fun. sure their would be more skirmishes, but there wouldn't be any major conflicts, which would make me sad :(

It's hard to tell, I enjoy 90 days just as well as 45. Just, considering the entire game has only been up for two years, 90 days is a very significant amount of time. I just note that numbers have severely dropped. Activity has dropped. People don't join late, and people seem not to care so much. My nation was battling six others earlier. All of us got crushed (nukes flew in all directions). All of my opponents are sitting 12+ days inactive and likely out of TE. (I didn't end any better, but am still playing.) Shrug.

True, but since the next round starts immediately after this one, we might as well discuss this before it begins. I don't care either way, except that it's harder to get trade partners...

Edited by JoshuaR

I would like to sugest that you can steal Infra as well as tech durring battles.

It seems you either tech raid and spend money on soldiers,tanks.... and cant afford to buy Infa or you buy infra and cant afford to buy tech.

So now if you win battle, you get 2 tech. Change it to 2 tech and 10infra.

This would really encourage wars.

Edited by MuskieZZ

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the main form but haven't heard anything from the ADMIN so far,

so i thought maybe i posted it in the wrong place and decided to also post it in here.

I play both CN and TE, and enjoy both of them.

I have noticed some differences in the two, as there should be.

One thing I believe should be change for TE that is more less the same as CN,

is the length of Wars. If the powers that be could change the length to 3 or 4 days

for the next round, I believe it will keep people/nations more interested in playing

and more importantly keep them playing.

This would help with several problems in the current round. For one it would keep

nations at war from loosing to much infra, thus just giving up and quiting or re-rolling.

Another is if a nation is jumped on by multiple attackers the same would apply.

The best reason although there are more, is when a nation is attacking another rather it be

Raiding or just for dispute, the attacking nation is not locked to the other nation for long and

can go about his business. There are many people that just quit when they get attacked or

loose a lot of infra. Plus this would keep nation from being inactive as much because if war slots

are full for 7 days then there really is no need to check back in. But if it only lasted 3 days then

that said nation would need to check back in order to keep his nation protected.

It might not be a bad ideal to have nations collect at least every 10 days VS the current 20 days.

For what its worth, this is my ideal of how to keep a action and full paced game moving and interesting.

Thanks for your consideration and time!!

BG.