What is a nations base income besides happiness?

Kantrix

I took the happiness number from my country, multiplied it by $2, then added in all the improvement and wonder benefits, then added the tradeset benefits.

That came CLOSE to being my Gross income, but its lower. There must be some other factor, some other base income.

Anyone know what a nation's base income is, not including happiness?

I took the happiness number from my country, multiplied it by $2, then added in all the improvement and wonder benefits, then added the tradeset benefits.

That came CLOSE to being my Gross income, but its lower. There must be some other factor, some other base income.

Anyone know what a nation's base income is, not including happiness?

Zero happiness isn't zero income.

Also, your happiness takes into account any +happiness wonders/improvements/resources. It doesn't include things like the SM though that gives +$10.

Umm... thats my point. I realize zero happiness isnt zero income. Thats why I am asking what the base income is...make sense now?

And I said above, I took into account all wonders, all trades, and all improvements. Even the ones that apply to citizen income instead of happiness. I am still short.

There is a base income out there, and I dont know what it is or how its calculated.

Ok, lets try this again.

FORGET happiness. Assume I have done everything properly. Dont debate it. I calculated it perfectly and figured out that part of my income.

There is still some income left over.

How do I figure out THAT part of the income? The part that DOESNT come from happiness?

Sadly, it would not. I have that part perfectly worked out now. Its just the extra part that doesnt come from happiness I am missing. :(

I would have thought by now that someone would know the Base Income, like it would be as common knowledge as the happiness to $ conversion rate. Oh well.

Sadly, it would not. I have that part perfectly worked out now. Its just the extra part that doesnt come from happiness I am missing. :(

I would have thought by now that someone would know the Base Income, like it would be as common knowledge as the happiness to $ conversion rate. Oh well.

maybe they have but they don't want to give away all their hard work for free to someone who is not in their alliance...

Resources can affect your income via happiness or base citizen income.

As stated above, you can receive up to $4.15 with full income bonuses.

Stock Market gives around $21.50, if memory serves correctly.

Technology gives an income bonus up to 200 or so.

Environment gives happiness, and thus income.

Those are all the factirs that affect income other than happiness. I don't know how you are coming up short, however, you have to remember that when the computer computes your income, it doesn't truncate any of the decimals. If you are estimating any of the numbers to the nearest hundredth or thousandth, that might be your problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a reason nobody is mentioning that the Government position regarding immigrants changes your income? If you choose no position or let them come and go as they please, your citizen's income is less than choosing they have to become citizens or no immigration at all.

The difference for me was $1.08.

You will need to look at multiple nations, and your own nation while modifying things that might possibly change it, and observe whether it does indeed change. 'Things that might possibly change it' is basically anything in the game, but most are easy to test (for example: buy some soldiers, does it change? buy some tech, does it change? change each of your Government Position settings, does it change? etc).

You will need to look at multiple nations, and your own nation while modifying things that might possibly change it, and observe whether it does indeed change. 'Things that might possibly change it' is basically anything in the game, but most are easy to test (for example: buy some soldiers, does it change? buy some tech, does it change? change each of your Government Position settings, does it change? etc).

I started off by paying a brand new nation 3 mil to destroy everything and then buy things in increments and give me data as they did so. It helped quite a bit.