Cookout/Polar Announcement Re Nukes^6

35 minutes ago, jerdge said:

I'm not baiting you into doing anything, you started with shameless self congratulations and absurd attempts at lecturing Mogar on history, even, I just corrected you on that.

If you think that discussing that topic here can lead to anything bad for your CN account - you have pixels, after all - then don't discuss it here.

I don't care about any of this, and I don't see how it's relevant, anyway.

The motives and the plans of the Doombirds are irrelevant, of course it was legitimate to pursue whatever plan or goal you had, I was talking of the methods.

I am not trying to convince him - although it would be nice if he could develop some doubts, at least - it's just that pointing out some inconvenient truths is the right thing to do, in this case.

I am calm and I don't care about consequences for defending integrity. Not that I think there will be any consequence, BTW.

Unfortunately you're very correct on this.

Okay. Prove it. Shield me who got illicit tech. Because nothing I've seen shows than anyone other than a single DBDC nation was within those nations that recieved illegitimate tech. So, I'm willing to listen to you if you can show me what you've got. So far I've found 3 such nations, and only 1 of them was DBDC. It also wasn't nearly on the scale you've been suggesting.

So show me I'm wrong. Show me the NS drop. Show me something to back that up. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

I am calm and I don't care about consequences for defending integrity. Not that I think there will be any consequence, BTW.

You're most certainly not calm.

All I can suggest is for you to follow the rules. If you don't think the rules apply to you then carry on I suppose...

46 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

Okay. Prove it. Shield me who got illicit tech. Because nothing I've seen shows than anyone other than a single DBDC nation was within those nations that recieved illegitimate tech. So, I'm willing to listen to you if you can show me what you've got. So far I've found 3 such nations, and only 1 of them was DBDC. It also wasn't nearly on the scale you've been suggesting.

You have access to the same data as we all do, multiple alliances all allied to one another lost NS the same day as these 3 confirmed cases you know of without any wars.

I for one was pleased our gods sought to right the wrongfully gained tech. I also was not going to respond to the earlier comment about "I would have done the same thing in that position."

But honestly? Assuming what I would do in the same situation as DBDC and friends a decade ago is strange when you know me well enough to know I have no interest in ever being the bully, the victor perhaps but to even pretend I would want anyone to feel that leaving this world is their only option is baffling.

I go to bat for anyone who is in a situation where they are 1v100, if you can find historical evidence of me being the bully in this game I am curious to see it.

5 minutes ago, Mogar said:

You have access to the same data as we all do, multiple alliances all allied to one another lost NS the same day as these 3 confirmed cases you know of without any wars.

I for one was pleased our gods sought to right the wrongfully gained tech. I also was not going to respond to the earlier comment about "I would have done the same thing in that position."

But honestly? Assuming what I would do in the same situation as DBDC and friends a decade ago is strange when you know me well enough to know I have no interest in ever being the bully, the victor perhaps but to even pretend I would want anyone to feel that leaving this world is their only option is baffling.

I go to bat for anyone who is in a situation where they are 1v100, if you can find historical evidence of me being the bully in this game I am curious to see it.

The data I have does not show widespread losses to DBDC, but you are free to show.me otherwise.

You describe it as bullying, but we didn't view it as such. We /were/ out numbered in the beginning. Do you remenber MQ? It was through treaties and a long series of raids that we ended up out numbering your side. It took years to put us in that position, and we certaimly didn't inherit it; your side permitted it. It did end up becoming bullying at a certain point, that much I will readily acknowledge. Sometimes you can get too wrapped up in this is and act in ways you might regret later. None the less, we are where we are.

7 minutes ago, Mogar said:

you know me well enough to know I have no interest in ever being the bully, the victor perhaps but to even pretend I would want anyone to feel that leaving this world is their only option is baffling.

Words are cheap. Actions speak volumes. You've had no problem vocally supporting a bully (Armen) and trying to join a conflict in support of protecting his continued personal attacks.

So, cute try, but I don't think anyone's really buying it.

1 hour ago, Gh0s7 said:

Aren't the Carnivore's data still there for everyone to see them? You can do your own research. Steeldor lost 60k+ tech levels overnight, around 62k IIRC. I have already showed and linked it multiple times in the past, always to people like you, that claimed that it never happened. In the end they insisted, they turned to whaaboutisms or whatever, it was futile a waste of my time.

Nowadays I never access CN or these forums with a computer anymore, it's all by phone in the small corners of the busy days of a person with a family, a demanding job, etc. To dig for data in this way is a pain, I'm not going to do it again.

But you can tempt me. You can promise that, should I give you evidence that Steeldor lost that much tech overnight, when the mods were out to erase illegally acquired tech, you'll post here the following:

"I, Gh0s7, hereby admit that Steeldor massively cheated by growing an extremely high tech level through illegal means; since the Doombirds notoriously had been receiving massive quantities of tech from the same pool of tech farms, there are legitimate reasons to think that multiple other DBDC members would have been caught cheating, had they not already left the game by that time; many innocent nations were unjustly robbed of their tech and land because of it... for these reasons I admit that, far from outplaying the others, the Doombirds likely cheated their way up.

In short, jerdge was right, I was wrong."

If I show you the 60k+ tech levels, you post that... Deal?

38 minutes ago, firingline said:

You're most certainly not calm.

All I can suggest is for you to follow the rules. If you don't think the rules apply to you then carry on I suppose...

We're not talking a moderation issue because nobody is claiming that anything is happening right now. It was over ten years ago and the mods already handled it.

We're talking the consequences on CN politics of those historical events, and we're referencing the game mechanics. IMHO it's all perfectly fine to discuss that here.

1 hour ago, Mogar said:

https://imgur.com/a/bgr7Jw0

Edited by DavidMustaine

42 minutes ago, DavidMustaine said:

What is this intended to prove?

Edit: as a follow up question are you actually sure you want a lore dump as to my personal politics? I have been a member of more alliances than many and always keep an open mind, you are barking at the wrong forest.

Edited by Mogar

5 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

The data I have does not show widespread losses to DBDC, but you are free to show.me otherwise.

You describe it as bullying, but we didn't view it as such. We /were/ out numbered in the beginning. Do you remenber MQ? It was through treaties and a long series of raids that we ended up out numbering your side. It took years to put us in that position, and we certaimly didn't inherit it; your side permitted it. It did end up becoming bullying at a certain point, that much I will readily acknowledge. Sometimes you can get too wrapped up in this is and act in ways you might regret later. None the less, we are where we are.

DBDC was not MQ, and you are also talking about a time you were not part of in your current form at best. I was there and can tell you details you probably had no idea about when our backs were against the wall. I was here during GW3 when we spelled out exactly how we felt about NPO, to further retort to whatever the $%&@ was expected to be implied by the last reply to me.

I don't represent an alliance and have never suggested that in probably a decade, but I speak how the world really feels even if you want to think the average nation is a mindless drone. We want the culture, not just a similar beat down every few years.

On 7/27/2024 at 7:40 PM, jerdge said:

Aren't the Carnivore's data still there for everyone to see them? You can do your own research. Steeldor lost 60k+ tech levels overnight, around 62k IIRC. I have already showed and linked it multiple times in the past, always to people like you, that claimed that it never happened. In the end they insisted, they turned to whaaboutisms or whatever, it was futile a waste of my time.

Nowadays I never access CN or these forums with a computer anymore, it's all by phone in the small corners of the busy days of a person with a family, a demanding job, etc. To dig for data in this way is a pain, I'm not going to do it again.

But you can tempt me. You can promise that, should I give you evidence that Steeldor lost that much tech overnight, when the mods were out to erase illegally acquired tech, you'll post here the following:

"I, Gh0s7, hereby admit that Steeldor massively cheated by growing an extremely high tech level through illegal means; since the Doombirds notoriously had been receiving massive quantities of tech from the same pool of tech farms, there are legitimate reasons to think that multiple other DBDC members would have been caught cheating, had they not already left the game by that time; many innocent nations were unjustly robbed of their tech and land because of it... for these reasons I admit that, far from outplaying the others, the Doombirds likely cheated their way up.

In short, jerdge was right, I was wrong."

If I show you the 60k+ tech levels, you post that... Deal?

We're not talking a moderation issue because nobody is claiming that anything is happening right now. It was over ten years ago and the mods already handled it.

We're talking the consequences on CN politics of those historical events, and we're referencing the game mechanics. IMHO it's all perfectly fine to discuss that here.

You should post more often. I enjoy how you write.