Cold War Compromise

Beauty

You can let him back in, but you can't take him out. The community does. A GM is to serve the community, not a weapon of power.

I disagree with this. If the GMs can't kick people out, why should they be able to let people in against the wishes of the community? While I think the vote against Tywin was invalid, it was upheld and Tywin not only agreed with it being upheld but he came back on probation status by the "mercy" of the current GMs. I'm not against having another vote right now considering the tons of discussion that have been had about Tywin over the past few weeks, but I don't see what it would do other than legitimize a decision that the GMs already made that is fundamentally no different than another one that nobody else really cared about because the people who were complaining ultimately got their way by having Tywin in the RP. The compromise was implicitly allowing the GMs this power: you can't just now decide it's not within their power because it's not going your way anymore with the violation and revocation of Tywin's probation. This is exactly the sort of abiding-by-the-rules-only-when-it-suits-me stuff that we're talking about with Tywin's e-lawyering which is exactly what got him kicked out again.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with this. If the GMs can't kick people out, why should they be able to let people in against the wishes of the community? While I think the vote against Tywin was invalid, it was upheld and Tywin not only agreed with it being upheld but he came back on probation status by the "mercy" of the current GMs. I'm not against having another vote right now considering the tons of discussion that have been had about Tywin over the past few weeks, but I don't see what it would do other than legitimize a decision that the GMs already made that is fundamentally no different than another one that nobody else really cared about because the people who were complaining ultimately got their way by having Tywin in the RP. The compromise was implicitly allowing the GMs this power: you can't just now decide it's not within their power because it's not going your way anymore with the violation and revocation of Tywin's probation. This is exactly the sort of abiding-by-the-rules-only-when-it-suits-me stuff that we're talking about with Tywin's e-lawyering which is exactly what got him kicked out again.

It was hard to keep up with this post, but I got the gist of it. I will be recognizing Tywin regardless so the GMs can kick me out too if they'd like.

To the people with a problem with Tywin, Continuing to bait Tywin is only going to get you a response. You try to step on his toes, you're going to get bitched out. If you feel hes broken a rule, try to privately talk to him without "You dumbass your fucking wrong!" or "You're going to be kicked out if I see you doing this you fuck tard!" or saying something aggressive/challenging. It's unclassy anyways. From my perspective the people bitching at Tywin are just as guilty for provoking him and doing similar actions to provoke him. You're causing the rest of the community to be tired of your shit too. 

Edited by Rotavele

It was hard to keep up with this post, but I got the gist of it. I will be recognizing Tywin regardless so the GMs can kick me out too if they'd like.

To the people with a problem with Tywin, Continuing to bait Tywin is only going to get you a response. You try to step on his toes, you're going to get !@#$%*ed out. If you feel hes broken a rule, try to privately talk to him without "You dumbass your !@#$@#$ wrong!" or "You're going to be kicked out if I see you doing this you $%&@ tard!" or saying something aggressive/challenging. It's unclassy anyways. From my perspective the people !@#$%*ing at Tywin are just as guilty for provoking him and doing similar actions to provoke him. You're causing the rest of the community to be tired of your !@#$ too. 

This is not the kind of response I would expect from someone who is currently interested in solving the issue and preventing even more arguing about pointless internet drama. You tried and I genuinely believe that you created this thread with the intent of coming to a fair compromise, but it was rejected and you've got to live with that. Threatening the GMs and trying to split the RP based on the recognition of Tywin's nation isn't doing anything but further inflaming the situation.

This is not the kind of response I would expect from someone who is currently interested in solving the issue and preventing even more arguing about pointless internet drama. You tried and I genuinely believe that you created this thread with the intent of coming to a fair compromise, but it was rejected and you've got to live with that. Threatening the GMs and trying to split the RP based on the recognition of Tywin's nation isn't doing anything but further inflaming the situation.

Yeah the compromise was over when it was rejected. I am only listing what I see to be wrong, and trying to help. The majority of you do not want to help but would rather have something to argue about anyways.

Edited by Rotavele