• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well then :3

www.rnr-alliance.org

see u there

rawr

rawr ^_^

R&R is a big sized alliance and there are so many members there. I would recommend you to join the smaller/medium one instead, so that these smaller alliances could focus more on your growth. But of course, R&R is a respectable alliance and they even ranked on #4 now. You can join R&R if you want, tho.  :ehm:

I heard GPA has a lot of tech buyers...

True that is. :D

no, foreign aid slots.  And even though there is no protectorate treaty, KoRT and Menotah would defend us due to several tech deals between our alliances.

Having tech deals with another alliance doesn't mean they will protect you whatsoever. And yes, your slot is fully filled -- but how 'bout your members? You are the leader of GJO and you are responsible to manage your members' tech deals. Find them some buyers.  :facepalm:

side note; no offense. 

Just FYI buckaroo, 200/6m tech deals are a ripoff - almost not even worth the use of aid slots - so if you're trying to attract people to your alliance and retain them I wouldn't use that as a selling point.

no, foreign aid slots.  And even though there is no protectorate treaty, KoRT and Menotah would defend us due to several tech deals between our alliances.

No, they wouldn't. And expect your lack of filled war slots to be remedied sometime after the end of this war. There is still a 24 mil plus 100 tech bounty on your head, and I'm sure that plenty of nations could use that money for rebuilding.

Also, why would people tech deal with someone liable to get raided any day now, let alone a whole alliance full of them. Edited by Mr Director

No, they wouldn't. And expect your lack of filled war slots to be remedied sometime after the end of this war. There is still a 24 mil plus 100 tech bounty on your head, and I'm sure that plenty of nations could use that money for rebuilding.

Also, why would people tech deal with someone liable to get raided any day now, let alone a whole alliance full of them.

I believe the bounty is higher 

I believe the bounty is higher 

Last I knew it was a potential 33m + 100 tech; someone else put 6m in.  The possible addition of 3m on top is because the 6m I've got in the pot goes up to 9m if you've got a FAC.  It really is an excellent wonder...

I agree.  When will people start doing 6 mil/200s regularly?

If there was ever a severe shortage of tech-sellers.

6m/300 is downright exploitative - unless you have Universities, whoever is selling the tech will actually lose money doing this.  That's an extortive price that I could see being used more as a form of leniency in demanding reparations, it isn't a "deal" at all.

For new nations who don't have universities, the 6m/100 deal is gonna go the farthest, netting just under 4m in profit.  The 6m/200 deal nets less than 2m in profit.  You'd be better off working out your own deals than taking a "managed" tech arrangement from a neophyte who is unable to properly work out the math, that also happens to have a rather large bounty on his whole alliance's head.  Buckaroo13 - this is solid advice that I suggest you listen to, regardless of the outcome of the bounty: know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em with your tech deals.  There are plenty of people buying that are willing to pay a fair price - don't sell yourself and your alliance short.  You're gonna need a warchest.

Two million is still more money being made than if you weren't doing deals at all.

That is true.... but considering that a 6m/200 deal will eat 3 aid slots for ten days versus the 2 required for the (very easily gotten) 6m/100 deal, not only do you make less money but the efficiency in which your aid slots is used is also negatively affected.  It doesn't really matter how you spin it, it's not a good deal and there's really no reason to settle for it.  Plus, if you lock yourself into a cycle of less favorable tech deals, that can then become the normal expectation in future negotiations for a particular nation.  I will grant that given Buckaroo's existing reputation (and the bounty) he may have trouble locating deals, although taking the time to figure out exactly how much that plays in would be pretty pointless.  The point I'm making isn't to pick on him either - I'm giving him advice that, were I still brand-new, I would really appreciate and utilize.