Secret Aid

Eridanus

I'm currently at war with someone who's been at war constantly for a few weeks now, and he keeps infra-jumping and rebuilding even though he should be in bill-lock. He has nothing recent under his foreign aid list. Is it possible he's been receiving foreign aid secretly so it hasn't been showing up on the list? How else could he be financing his wars?

Why do you say he should be in bill-lock? He could have been sitting on a decent warchest, or received secret aid. Hard to say really without knowing more.

That was kinda my question. How exactly does secret aid work? The wikis don't mention it at all. Does it show up on the list as a bunch of question marks like some people say, or does it not show up at all? And doesn't it have penalties?

That was kinda my question. How exactly does secret aid work? The wikis don't mention it at all. Does it show up on the list as a bunch of question marks like some people say, or does it not show up at all? And doesn't it have penalties?

It shows up as question marks.  And it costs the sender double what it usually would.

I think it did answer your question, you just don't like the answer.

Uh, no. The topic happens to have the title of "Secret Aid". The question has to do with "secret aid". If you don't answer the question and instead put down some snarky, obvious answer like I haven't thought of it before, you're an ass.

How can you say he "should" be in bill lock when you can't even see his war chest? People are trying to help you and you, OP, are the one taking an attitude with people who have honest intentions to help you. He isn't getting secret aid, you would be able to see the ???? marks in his aid section. That can only mean that he has a war chest. That's what people have been trying to tell you.

He cannot be receiving secret FA's, as he doesn't have a Federal Aid Commission wonder. Both nations must have this wonder, and unlike the CIA wonder, it'll show up on [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_improvements_wonders.asp?Nation_ID=334367]his improvement and wonder screen[/url] if he has one. As stated above, it'll show up as question marks if he was receiving secret aid.

He's probably not in bill lock because of a combination of things. He's likely to have some kind of warchest, he has economic improvements and wonders, and he could also be doing long collection cycles. If he doesn't collect for 20 days, then buys infra before he collects, he'll collect as if he had the infra the whole time and be able to fund his war. Infra is not expensive at that level, so that's very possible. If it's the collections, that's an easy fix. Anarchy him then keep him there.

To be honest, you're likely to go into bill lock before he does. His lack of a maxed airforce either means he's low on funds, or more likely it'll be cheaper to rebuild the infra later than the cost to rebuild planes, which coincides with my theory that he's possibly buying infra in bulk for collections. He's improvement locked, so use that against him. You can max on guerrilla camps where he can't without decomming all those much needed eco improvements.

Edited by Samwise

Alright, I apologize to everyone on this thread, but let me get some things clear. I started this thread to ask about secret aid because I had no idea how it worked or what I would see if I checked his aid list. It gets pretty irritating when people then start to act as if I should already know what to look for because it would mean I already knew the answer to my question, or they keep reminding me about his warchest, which this thread is not about.

As for his warchest, the reason why I'm inclined to believe he's out of money is because he was spied on by higher level nations immediately before my war started and they confirmed he was very short on cash.

Anyway, thanks to the people who did talk about secret aid.

Edited by Eridanus

Something I just thought about that you might not have considered about him not being in bill lock and infra spikes... Donations? The start of the month just happened so he could have gotten 2 of them in. But he'd also acquire land so it'd be easy to rule that out if that's not the case.

Edited by Samwise

Something I just thought about that you might not have considered about him not being in bill lock and infra spikes... Donations? The start of the month just happened so he could have gotten 2 of them in. But he'd also acquire land so it'd be easy to rule that out if that's not the case.

Actually, that's probably it. His land has been spiking as well even though he didn't have nearly enough infra to justify buying any, but we though it was just growth.

Thanks!