Sister wants to play CN

emperordhruv

Hey guys, I just want to make sure real quick this is allowed so I don't get banned as I have been part of CN for almost 5 years now. :)

So my sister saw me playing today and got semi-interested (fingers crossed she decides to play), and was about to make an account when I stopped her.

The thing is, we are under the same wi-fi network as she lives home and so do I. We both each have our different laptops though. Now I don't know if this violates the ip rule and I wanted to make sure it did not.

Again I'll go over what I know for sure.

We both have our own laptop however we both use the same wi-fi in our house.

If we are allowed to make the accounts as long as we each keep to our own separate computer what will happen if we decide to log in on our phones? We both own smartphones as well. She has an iphone 5 and I have a galaxy s3.

Also am i able to send her money/aid ever or will I not be able too? I know how much 3 mill can help when it is a smaller nation receiving it.

Again, sorry for the bombardment of questions but I don't want to lose my nation of 5 years over something I might have overlooked.

Edited by emperordhruv

This is incorrect. Multiple nations from the same network are not allowed as the pinned threads and rules indicate.

Then why aren't people who play this from college and go on the same Wi FI network getting banned? Why aren't people who play on public computers getting banned?

Then why aren't people who play this from college and go on the same Wi FI network getting banned? Why aren't people who play on public computers getting banned?

There playing Russian roulette with almost all chambers loaded. Or just check out beforehand if it is a shared IP, if other people play the game, or other options I'm not at liberty to say.

It was allowed, it was horribly abused, it was changed Same wifi = same IP Shared IP such as net cafe's and offices, well with all the people in the world and all the offices, schools and net cafes, what are teh chance of two CNers using the same one People from schools have been banned before I know that

• 2 weeks later...

As it has been previously stated, it's a no-go unless you want to jeopardize your years of work. And it's really alot more stringent then that, if she starts playing, she would need to probably avoid ever logging in from anywhere that you have ever logged in from, library, school, home, etcetera. I'm not sure how long the game's logs on that matter goes back, and you might be safe on very minimal cross-contamination (as in, having both logged on from the same place, but very infrequently) if you never traded or aided each other, but I wouldn't take the chance myself.

When I first joined CN, I remember hearing about how in the very very early days (sometime in the first six months), that it was compliant with the rules to have more then one nation. Then quickly admin changed the rules to just one, but I believe those who had more then 1 were grandfathered in and allowed to keep their second nation provided they followed a few rules. For quite some time then, the rule was that different people on the same network could have separate nations, provided that they sought approval from the moderation. It was a good idea, but it was incredibly abused, so it was done away with, and the rule has been 1 IP. 1 Nation. Period. for quite some time.

I sometimes think that perhaps some kind of change would be nice on this front, giving more people the opportunity to play, or hell, even giving people the opportunity to try their luck with a second nation. In the present age of the game, things are significantly slower then the once were, and more nations would likely equate to more donations, which I'm sure would help extend the life of the game (something I'm sure many of us would like), but it's a delicate issue as there are some things that aren't worth the drastic reduction in quality if it's not done right.

• 2 months later...

No way to prove they're two different people

It was allowed in the past and as I said, it was horrilbly abused by people.

I used it myself as my brother also played, we registered the official way, however when the rule changed, he stopped playing, however he did start playing again for a while when he moved. I have since moved several times and he's in another city.

You can't have systems based on trust, because people will take advantage of said trust, even the no aid or trade thing is easy to work around

My secondary account sends 3m 50 tech to friend A, friend A sends 2.5m and 45 tech to my Primary Account, keeping 5 tech and 500k for their troubles.

Bypasses the same IP aid system, but still has one nation purely for funding another

I think it will be nice if different people of the same network are allowed to have an account.

Admin should revise this rule, i was just thinking about device mac addresses being different, one account per device. May work, possibly just an idea.

Also, I believe it can be helpful, if the same-network restriction was enforced by where you sign up, rather than where you log in.

Say I sign up at home. Then somewhere along the line, I start playing from office/uni and introduce it to colleagues, who sign up at office/uni. That shouldn't be restricted IMO. Or at least, provide a chance to prove that we're different people.

Edited by Dragonshy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The IP requirement severely limits the number of propspective players, and unnecessarily so. The focus should be on user uniqueness and that can be established many ways.

- Paypal
- Google+
- Facebook

Or any other source that establishese a reasonably positive user identity.

Yeah, I find it funny that the game is constantly bothering me to refer new members, but none of the people I would like to refer can even play, because we're roommates. The two seem to completely contradict each other. Obviously the game isn't growing from its natural appeal, word of mouth is the best way to do it, but our word of mouth ability is severely hampered.