Hellas - a rebirth in Stygian Lake

Alexandros o Megas

[center][IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/RomanticBoyGR/564895_451343124907353_1964085733_n.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Sinners spin beneath the white caps, slugging it out in contrition
Their giant fists make currents
Stirring silt and clouding judgment[/size][/font][/color][color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Mouths froth and whitewash foams along the coast line
Like white stallions stampeding the beach
Snapping driftwood under hoof
Snorting salt spray[/size][/font][/color][color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
And watching all the while, the Absolved
Who ceased their struggle ages past
By letting hot air leak from their lungs
Whistling through lips and bubbling up hollow spheres out into the firmament[/size][/font][/color][color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
As comes to pass for one and all, both large and small
Souls sink low into the pillowed embrace of shifting sands and ever-after[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]It was 187 days ago that Hellas Alliance was created. [/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]During these 187 days we made new friends, who we thank a lot for been around us during hard times, and we faced big challenges by hateful people, who can not stand a second opinion.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]Hellas overpassed the difficulties and started to grow to a point.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]Even though life on Planet Bob is hard; activity was at a minimum and new players in game (real new players) is a dream.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]The growth did not come; the fun was limited.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]At the same the reasons for us to be apart from our brothers in Sparta do not exist anymore.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]So, this is the end titles for Hellas in SE and our members join (or rejoin) Sparta.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left][b]Fight with honour and die with dignity![/b][/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]Alexandros o Megas[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#BCBCBC]
[color=#000000]The day has come, 1624. Alexandros we have been waiting for this day ever since you have left. [/color][/color][color=#BCBCBC]
[color=#000000]Welcome Home my friend. [/color][/color]

I have never denied I was a Spartan at heart as I had spent 1623 days in game in Sparta before forming Hellas!

I had clearly explained the reasons I left, even though at that time you people were pointing various excuses to attack me.

As these reasons are not in place anymore my return in Sparta was a natural thing.

I am proud I kept that war with you defending my nation for 1 1/2 month alone and I once again thank those who morally supported me during these times.

Hellas is still alive like the Phoenix bird from its ashes as I had forecasted and always ready to "Fight with honor and die with dignity"!

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1356770472' post='3069065']
The Ottomans were the best thing to ever happen to Greece.
[/quote]

Wishing you to happen in your country as well!

As of Iran you have as an avatar Greece was the one that prevented them twice in Marathon and in Salamis to invade Europe.

Remember us again if you need us! We will welcome you again along the free world!

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1356450971' post='3067861']
I see my decision to greatly reduce the size of your nation last war as if it was from Sparta was medium-long term accurate.
[/quote]

Had the decision been up to me, he never would've had to leave. But, keep thinking that pixels are important to us.

As for more relevant/important matters on topic; I'm glad to have you back home again, Alex, I certainly hated seeing you leave. Sparta surely wasn't the same.

o/ Hellas.

Edited by DeathAdder

[quote name='Alexandros o Megas' timestamp='1356802170' post='3069135']
Wishing you to happen in your country as well!

As of Iran you have as an avatar Greece was the one that prevented them twice in Marathon and in Salamis to invade Europe.

Remember us again if you need us! We will welcome you again along the free world!
[/quote]What's it like living in a failed state? If I was Greek I sure wouldn't be bragging about it right now.

[quote name='DeathAdder' timestamp='1356803640' post='3069139']
Had the decision been up to me, he never would've had to leave. But, keep thinking that pixels are important to us.
[/quote]

I didn't care about the pixels, I cared about the 30k tech he had and the damages it could cause if he was allowed to build a warchest.

Confessions and motives are good to be heard, even if it took some time!

No grudges Lusitan!

Hellas had anyway declared to everyone asked where we would stand in a war! We had no intentions to hide ourselves in caves, neither to change blocks.

Our DNA always calls us to "Fight with honor and to Die with dignity!". Yours? and that of some agents provocators in this thread that count everything only with money and they easily forget Hellas role in history?

[quote name='Griff' timestamp='1356830516' post='3069284']
What's it like living in a failed state? If I was Greek I sure wouldn't be bragging about it right now.
[/quote]

[OOC]Considering most of the developed World is failing economically, very few Countries have room to brag about their Nationality, under your logic.[/OOC] Keep dragging OOC into an IC forum, though. It's quite amusing.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1356831746' post='3069287']
I didn't care about the pixels, I cared about the 30k tech he had and the damages it could cause if he was allowed to build a warchest.
[/quote]

According to your side, Sparta consistently hides its Top Tier in peace mode, but you were concerned of a Top Tier causing damage.. Love the contradiction. :rolleyes:

Edit: spelling.

Edited by DeathAdder

[quote name='DeathAdder' timestamp='1356877748' post='3069395']
According to your side, Sparta consistently hides its Top Tier in peace mode, but you were concerned of a Top Tier causing damage.. Love the contradiction. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

He did leave Sparta and I don't want to call you dumb but not taking advantage of the possibility to neutralize a possible threat because an adversary is inherently bad is, on the lack of a better expression, dumb. I would have done that for any enemy alliance, regardless of their war fighting habits. Any plan that is based on the stupidity of the enemy is a bad plan.

@Hellas: I'm pretty sure I told you some 50 times in your roleplay thread that we were doing it to neutralize the possible threat you could pose.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1357102968' post='3070362']
He did leave Sparta and I don't want to call you dumb but not taking advantage of the possibility to neutralize a possible threat because an adversary is inherently bad is, on the lack of a better expression, dumb. I would have done that for any enemy alliance, regardless of their war fighting habits. Any plan that is based on the stupidity of the enemy is a bad plan.
[/quote]

Umbrella really doesn't have to explain itself to me. I was pretty sure we would both go down the different roads we did, so I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by DeathAdder

[quote name='DeathAdder' timestamp='1357144780' post='3070456']
Umbrella really doesn't have to explain itself to me. I was pretty sure we would both go down the different roads we did, so I'll just leave it at that.
[/quote]

I'm not explaining Umbrella to you, I'm explaining basic military strategy.

Of course not. That doesn't diminish the fact there were still a lot of bogus reasons for war floating around that Op. And, considering he said that he had just recently learned of the reason (when Lusitan posted it) I'm naturally going to take his word for it, since I too only saw that reason given now. I rhink you would do the same.

I'm sure I wasn't privy to all of your chats however, so we'll just agree to disagree on that point.

He still has a pretty decent chunk of tech, though, compared to a lot of nation ratios on both sides of the past two wars, so kudos for him.

Edited by DeathAdder