A small UE announcement

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352934557' post='3052421']lol @ GATO interference in UE affairs.[/quote]

Didn't GATO get involved you because you attacked members of an alliance they protect? Also, aren't you the one that made Magic the leader or UE?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352934557' post='3052421']
lol @ GATO interference in UE affairs.

It's curious how Magicman has to cite external, non-allies for support, while not a single member of UE has voiced their support for him.

Talk about a violation of sovereignty if there ever was one.

But it's okay guys, UE is small and insignificant and therefore doesn't have any rights!
[/quote]

Talk about a serving of cosmic justice if there ever was one.

It says so, right in the fabric of man kind, that should a Brony alliance ever be composed of individual cybernations unironically, it will ultimately be ignored, or its rights and sovereignty trampled upon until its contents evaporate into thin air.

Or at least, that's what it should say.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352774132' post='3051651']
[center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/iptzc7.jpg[/img]
[size=1][color=maroon]An Announcement from United Equestria[/color][/size][/center]

Hello, folks.

I come to you in a trying time.

You all probably know of United Equestria. You should, given that it was once the greatest community that this world ever knew, and likely ever will.
[/quote]
Stopped reading there. Anything with ponies cannot simply be the greatest of anything.

[quote name='TailsK' timestamp='1352935156' post='3052425']
Didn't GATO get involved you because you attacked members of an alliance they protect? Also, aren't you the one that made Magic the leader or UE?
[/quote]Oh hey, questions I already answered in private, before you posted them here in public. Gee, that's interesting.

As I told you, my personal strike on EvU is for personal reasons, conducted in a fit of rage and personal instability, and overall, an error on my part. GATO is allowed to defend their protectorate from me. They are not allowed to meddle in the affairs of the rest of UE, who did nothing wrong.

I made Magic the leader in an act of self-preservation - That is, a personal error - a long time ago. The appointment was based in my trust in him, and totally ignorant of his proven record of being unable to lead. It was wrong of me to do that, and now I'm facing the full consequences of that error in judgement.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352935858' post='3052431']
Oh hey, questions I already answered in private, before you posted them here in public. Gee, that's interesting.

As I told you, my personal strike on EvU is for personal reasons, conducted in a fit of rage and personal instability, and overall, an error on my part. GATO is allowed to defend their protectorate from me. [b]They are not allowed to meddle in the affairs of the rest of UE, who did nothing wrong.[/b]

I made Magic the leader in an act of self-preservation - That is, a personal error - a long time ago. The appointment was based in my trust in him, and totally ignorant of his proven record of being unable to lead. It was wrong of me to do that, and now I'm facing the full consequences of that error in judgement.
[/quote]

You keep mentioning stuff like this as if GATO is attacking every UE nation. A quick look at the war screen shows that you and your pony friend are the only people they're attacking. GATO has been acting like a professional, honorable alliance. They're defending EU and working with the true UE leadership and Argent/TPF to reslove the situation. You're the one who's been meddling in the affairs of UE, not GATO.

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1352937723' post='3052439']
You keep mentioning stuff like this as if GATO is attacking every UE nation. A quick look at the war screen shows that you and your pony friend are the only people they're attacking. GATO has been acting like a professional, honorable alliance. They're defending EU and working with the true UE leadership and Argent/TPF to reslove the situation. You're the one who's been meddling in the affairs of UE, not GATO.
[/quote]You mean the "true UE leadership" that nobody in the alliance supports? Yeah, uh, about that. That's called a violation of sovereignty when you go against the will of the people. TPF, Argent, and GATO, in propping up an illegitimate leader, are violating our sovereignty as an alliance.

It's up to the people of UE to decide their leader, and absolutely nobody else.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352939258' post='3052458']
You mean the "true UE leadership" that nobody in the alliance supports? Yeah, uh, about that. That's called a violation of sovereignty when you go against the will of the people. TPF, Argent, and GATO, in propping up an illegitimate leader, are violating our sovereignty as an alliance.

It's up to the people of UE to decide their leader, and absolutely nobody else.
[/quote]

If it's up to people in UE to decide, why are you getting involved? And how can you call the leader YOU put in place yourself, illegitimate? You seem to be the only one violating the sovereignty of another alliance.

[quote name='TailsK' timestamp='1352945973' post='3052532']
If it's up to people in UE to decide, why are you getting involved? And how can you call the leader YOU put in place yourself, illegitimate? You seem to be the only one violating the sovereignty of another alliance.
[/quote]Because he views United Equestria as his and that his ousting of Magicman was legitimate. Whether HoT believes he is correct or not doesn't matter , who the other nations and alliances view as the legitimate leader is what matters. So that is why he is calling the Magicman illegitimate, he even made a thread about it.

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1352947516' post='3052551']
Because he views United Equestria as his and that his ousting of the Magicman was legitimate. Whether HoT believes he is correct or not doesn't matter , who the other nations and alliances view as the legitimate leader is what matters. So that is why he is calling the Magicman illegitimate, he even made a thread about it.
[/quote]I believe the legitimacy is determined by the people, actually. Not by external alliances violating our sovereignty TPF/Argent/GATO et al don't have any right to choose UE's leader for her. Only the people of UE have that right of choice. I've been fairly consistent in that belief.

The Magicman has the support of external parties, but that doesn't matter. If everyone else in UE doesn't want him as their leader, then the Magicman is not the leader. This is not a difficult subject.

I will, of course, make the case for my own legitimacy, and the Magicman will make his. But it isn't up to us.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352948625' post='3052566']
I believe the legitimacy is determined by the people, actually. Not by external alliances violating our sovereignty TPF/Argent/GATO et al don't have any right to choose UE's leader for her. Only the people of UE have that right of choice. I've been fairly consistent in that belief.

The Magicman has the support of external parties, but that doesn't matter. If everyone else in UE doesn't want him as their leader, then the Magicman is not the leader. This is not a difficult subject.

I will, of course, make the case for my own legitimacy, and the Magicman will make his. But it isn't up to us.
[/quote]

Why are you trying to become leader when you're quitting the game?

[quote name='TailsK' timestamp='1352953572' post='3052615']
What's the idea? Become leader to prove a point (whatever that might be) and then quit the game?
[/quote]Become the temporary leader and transition UE into a more stable, workable state. Basically, looking out for the members, since the man who otherwise sits on the throne doesn't give half a $%&@.

Then quit once my work is done.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352955537' post='3052647']
Become the temporary leader and transition UE into a more stable, workable state. Basically, looking out for the members, since the man who otherwise sits on the throne doesn't give half a $%&@.

Then quit once my work is done.
[/quote]

You do realise you're the one making it unstable, right? Anyway, do you think it's appropriate for someone, who's just gone rogue, to become the leader of an alliance?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352957406' post='3052669']
I appreciate the continued interest of TOP in our affairs. I do humbly suggest, however, that our internal issues be allowed to remain.... Internal.

This also applies to external parties with a more vested interest in our situation.
[/quote]

The irony here is outstanding. You are the one who posted your "internal" issues on the OWF. You do realise that the OWF is a place where discussion takes place and opinions are shared?

Also, my posts in this thread do not represent the views of TOP, nor am I here in any official capacity as a member of TOP government. In fact, I have hardly even shared an opinion, I'm simply asking you a few questions (which you're conveniently avoiding). I have taken an interest because you have declared war on my friends.

[quote name='TailsK' timestamp='1352958531' post='3052676']
The irony here is outstanding. You are the one who posted your "internal" issues on the OWF. You do realise that the OWF is a place where discussion takes place and opinions are shared?

Also, my posts in this thread do not represent the views of TOP, nor am I here in any official capacity as a member of TOP government. In fact, I have hardly even shared an opinion, I'm simply asking you a few questions (which you're conveniently avoiding). I have taken an interest because you have declared war on my friends.
[/quote][s]Part of being a leader is that your personal views always represent the alliance. That is a responsibility you should consider when signing up for the role.[/s] [Redacted]

As for the war, I explained it in the course of these threads, I explained it to you in query, and then I explained it to you again here in this thread.

And so I will explain it once more. It is separate from the internal UE stuff. I was angry and I pressed buttons. While I don't regret the idea of "going out in a blaze of glory," I probably should have done things in the proper order, which I didn't do. Not the ideal path, but whatever. It will all be over soon.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352960296' post='3052692']
Part of being a leader is that your personal views always represent the alliance. That is a responsibility you should consider when signing up for the role.

As for the war, I explained it in the course of these threads, I explained it to you in query, and then I explained it to you again here in this thread.

And so I will explain it once more. It is separate from the internal UE stuff. I was angry and I pressed buttons. While I don't regret the idea of "going out in a blaze of glory," I probably should have done things in the proper order, which I didn't do. Not the ideal path, but whatever. It will all be over soon.
[/quote]

I think you're confusing the very definition of "personal view".

I also think you're confusing "blaze of glory" and "betraying friends".

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352960296' post='3052692']
Part of being a leader is that your personal views always represent the alliance. That is a responsibility you should consider when signing up for the role.

And so I will explain it once more. It is separate from the internal UE stuff.
[/quote]

Ha. Contradict much?

That said remember what I said in the other thread.....because your statements here are exactly why it will go down like that.

[quote name='TailsK' timestamp='1352960931' post='3052700']
I think you're confusing the very definition of "personal view".

I also think you're confusing "blaze of glory" and [b]"betraying friends[/b]".
[/quote]Ya know I have been liking your rebuttals and have been staying out of you and HoT's sweet little convo until that. You should stop because you're blurring the line. HoT has made many mistakes(including the way he has conducted this) but you are in no right to be determining that his going out on a blaze of glory is betraying any "friends", especially at this point. What friends is he betraying right now? Also why are you continuing with this anyways, all you are doing is feeding the potential soapbox and you are not going to change any minds. Don't you know the best way for this to go away is to shut it and let him be. And I thought the IAFG threads were bad..

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1352963380' post='3052710']
Ha. Contradict much?

That said remember what I said in the other thread.....because your statements here are exactly why it will go down like that.
[/quote]Eh, well, this is what it feels like to be caught with my pants down.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1352939258' post='3052458']
You mean the "true UE leadership" that nobody in the alliance supports? Yeah, uh, about that. That's called a violation of sovereignty when you go against the will of the people.
[/quote]

So if yours is truly the peoples will, where are your droves of supporters? Where is all of the outrage from the rest of UE about the "illegitimacy" of the magicman government?

You dress this up as some big injustice against the sovereignty of UE and talk about how the current leadership is terrible, having "no support"... but that doesn't appear to be the case.