GM vote on Pre-planning

Zoot Zoot

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right then, normal rules apply, three days to vote so the vote will end at 20:30 on the 28th of July 2012.

Only CNRP players WITH NATIONS will have their votes counted. If this thread falls apart into petty insults and sniping against one another, your vote will not be counted as valid.

The vote will be public, you are not even required to post, just vote yes or no. The results of this GM Poll will have its final ruling by successor GM's, not the present GM team, that is of course unless we are re-elected.

If you think this is unfair, then you know where to find me on IRC.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

How many times have we had a vote on this? And how many times has the community upheld pre-planning wars? If you pre-plan a war, nobody wants to lose, but this can be accredited, in part, to the war goals; nations rarely go to war simply seeking X, Y, and Z provinces/counties, but seek either total annexation or a regime change. If you just throw a war on somebody, then 9 times out of 10, the war will just be a curbstomp, with the aggressors just gathering together all of their buddies to have enough of an edge over the defending coalition to win. In the latter case, it often ends in ragequitting and OOC !@#$%*ing.

Both systems are flawed, but I cast my vote for the marginally-less flawed system. Let the pre-planning continue.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1343305594' post='3015726']
This poll so far.

10 legal votes to abolish, discounted rebel virginia and Xoin
9 legal votes to keep pre-planning, discounted Subtle because he has no nation
[/quote]
It gets casually ignored again and again that I do have have one. From now on I will vote all possible options in spite because I doesn't matter which option I vote it gets discarded anyway.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1343568471' post='3016671']
It gets casually ignored again and again that I do have have one. From now on I will vote all possible options in spite because I doesn't matter which option I vote it gets discarded anyway.
[/quote]
And what would your nation be?