Special Election for 3rd GM

Captain Enema

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1342054677' post='3008554']

ANYONE with a vote that has been edited will not be counted. So don't run around changing votes because someone asks you to change them.

[/quote]

I don't see a problem with changing a vote, should people see an issue with the person they initially voted for.

I won't lie, but I don't win anything so this quite unexpected show of support for me I be GM is really nice. Thanks community :)

Not to make a show of hubris either because this may change, but really, thanks... Merger... The poster made me choke on my cigarette smoke from laughing.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1342192613' post='3009700']
I don't see a problem with changing a vote, should people see an issue with the person they initially voted for.
[/quote]
I am certain TBM said that for a good reason. After all, you're supposed to vote once, not twice.

In the spirit of good sportpersonship, I vote for Zoot.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1342209867' post='3009793']
I am certain TBM said that for a good reason. After all, you're supposed to vote once, not twice.

In the spirit of good sportpersonship, I vote for Zoot.
[/quote]

We've had the ability to change votes before. Also, there are a variety of reasons for a vote change, not solely because someone asked for votes. For example: Justi doesn't want to be a GM, therefore I changed my vote.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am honored to have been selected as a candidate for the GMship of the Cybernations Roleplay of America. To be a GM is a big responsibility, and after giving it a lot of thought I have decided that it is a responsibility which I am not ready for. Therefore if nominated I shall not run and if elected I shall not serve.

Signed,
JtM esq.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1342217633' post='3009856']
Yeah you cant edit a vote for president, so it kinda makes sense.

But I think it makes even more sense due to the fact that TBM probably doesnt want to come back and count every single vote every single time to make sure someone didnt jump ship to another person.
[/quote]

Actually you can Isaac, you can switch it at any time before you voluntarily close your voting session. You have to go through an extra confirmation that your ballot is indeed what you want before you finally submit it, at least in PA. Congressman can also switch their vote at anytime till the voting time is closed. In this case we've always had the case where we have a poll where anyone can switch at anytime. The time till the voting window closes is 48 hours. One member can't change the rules for an election without telling or getting the consent of the rest of the community. If you want to change the rules of an election there should be a seperate poll made to change the rules for future elections. No one person can do that though.

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1342218507' post='3009859']
Actually you can Isaac, you can switch it at any time before you voluntarily close your voting session. You have to go through an extra confirmation that your ballot is indeed what you want before you finally submit it, at least in PA. Congressman can also switch their vote at anytime till the voting time is closed. In this case we've always had the case where we have a poll where anyone can switch at anytime. The time till the voting window closes is 48 hours. One member can't change the rules for an election without telling or getting the consent of the rest of the community. If you want to change the rules of an election there should be a seperate poll made to change the rules for future elections. No one person can do that though.
[/quote]

Well I didnt know that because I have never voted. Ron Paul! :P

Voting's more or less over, next time just be responsible about who you vote for and it won't be an issue. I asked Melech in IRC before I voted if he wanted to be a GM, he said yes.

I'll do a tally of the votes, but it looks like Zoot won the pizza from the first look.

16 for Zoot?

@#$#ing netbook, makes it difficult to scroll and count accurately.

Anyhow, looks like Zoot won to me. Congrats, enjoy the sodomy or something.

Yeah, I'll go with Zoot's count, I got 15 the first time for him. The whole no changing of votes thing came from a desire to want to avoid vote influencing. I've seen it happen in CNRP, funny how it got complained about at this juncture.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

TBM it got complained about because that was not the system we've had in previous GM votes. No one player can get to determine which other players votes get counted and which do not based on a rule set. You need to tell the whole community before you change the system from what it was in previous elections.