Deinos Announcement

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1341376450' post='3003165']
No need, I'll do it for you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/literal
[quote]1.
in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; [b]not figurative or metaphorical[/b]: the literal meaning of a word.[/quote]

"Literally the definition of a blitz" is thus an accurate phrase. Next time you go about trying to attack someone's grammar, try having proper grammar yourself. I hear they teach that in 2nd grade or something.
[/quote]

wow, wow, wow... At no point did I attack Mr Culkin's grammar. While it is atrocious, I figured that could be left unsaid. As Kenna has already pointed out, our dispute is with the word choice. I've bolded the part of your definition that I think properly highlights the inaccuracy of said statement. Now perhaps it's the literal definition of blitz with which you are having trouble. Here it is, and from your own source even! I've taken the liberty of bolding the portion that we find lacking.

[quote]1.
Military .
a.
[b]an overwhelming all-out attack, especially a swift ground attack using armored units and air support.
b.
an intensive aerial bombing. [/b][/quote]

I think it's particularly inappropriate as many of your nations seem to have decided not to use any bombers at all.

Edited by Mr Vicarious

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1341258629' post='3001899']
What we did is quite literally the definition of a blitz. Jesus christ are you being purposefully dense?
[/quote]

Jesus Christ is a proper name and should always be capitalized. If you can't respect our Lord and savior, could you at least try and respect the English language?

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1341384608' post='3003270']
You follow us around like a lost puppy and lob crappy insults wherever we go. Yours must be a sad existence indeed.
[/quote]
He doesn't have much to do in his free time, y'know?

Congrats Jake.

Fark's going to win this war yet by popping up wherever (including in a government announcement thread), whenever (so every day), shouting to the masses that they're dominating their adversaries, that their adversaries are awful, etc etc etc. This will be supplemented with crap propaganda and anecdotal stories.

The government being announced in this thread would be very wise to just give up.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1341431114' post='3003538']
While the meaning of the word literal is interesting and all, lets talk about moon bases. K guys?
[/quote]
This joke was beyond old sometime around an hour after the first time it was posted. Kindly get new material.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1341432735' post='3003553']
This joke was beyond old sometime around an hour after the first time it was posted. Kindly get new material.
[/quote]
Deinos should come down from their moon base and say that

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1341412666' post='3003391']
Fark's going to win this war yet by popping up wherever (including in a government announcement thread), whenever (so every day), shouting to the masses that they're dominating their adversaries, that their adversaries are awful, etc etc etc. This will be supplemented with crap propaganda and anecdotal stories.

The government being announced in this thread would be very wise to just give up.
[/quote]

SirWilliam, you're implying by this statement that we're frustrated at the constant stupidity of Fark's OWF posters. Believe me, we simply act as catalysts, stoking the fire - they'll be stupid all by themselves.

I welcome every Farker to post in this thread. Granted, it lowers the overall IQ of the OWF a good 30 points, but they're so easy to tease. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I have yet to not laugh and be amazed by a Fark post :lol1:

Thanks Neo Uruk!

Edited by Jake Liebenow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1341435206' post='3003567']
Request denied.
[/quote]
[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1341435847' post='3003577']
Deinos should come down from their moon base and say that
[/quote]
For a second I forgot I was dealing with people who think people who simply say "SUCK IT GOONS" are funny!

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1341438620' post='3003601']
SirWilliam, you're implying by this statement that we're frustrated at the constant stupidity of Fark's OWF posters. Believe me, we simply act as catalysts, stoking the fire - they'll be stupid all by themselves.

I welcome every Farker to post in this thread. Granted, it lowers the overall IQ of the OWF a good 30 points, but they're so easy to tease. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I have yet to not laugh and be amazed by a Fark post :lol1:

Thanks Neo Uruk!
[/quote]
Even mine?

[spoiler]
Ha! Made you search
[/spoiler]

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1341412666' post='3003391']

[/quote]

Holy crap it's your side in a freakin' nut shell for the last couple of wars.

[quote name='Atanatar' timestamp='1341495011' post='3003909']
Holy crap it's your side in a freakin' nut shell for the last couple of wars.
[/quote]

Except my side has backed it up the last couple of wars.

Come at me when Deinos and company is surrendering to you.

Edited by SirWilliam