Deinos Announcement

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1341258276' post='3001894']
[b]Literally[/b] the definition of a blitz.
[/quote]

I've noticed a general lack of understand of the meaning of the word literally in CN. Let me assure, it does not mean what you think it means.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1341258483' post='3001898']
I've noticed a general lack of understand of the meaning of the word literally in CN. Let me assure, it does not mean what you think it means.
[/quote]

What we did is quite literally the definition of a blitz. Jesus christ are you being purposefully dense?

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1341258629' post='3001899']
What we did is quite literally the definition of a blitz. Jesus christ are you being purposefully dense?
[/quote]

Calm down now cowboy, you managed to declare 35 wars in roughly 24 hours.

I should probably clarify:

Deinos, an alliance with 85 nations out of anarchy, and roughly 65 nations out of anarchy and in range of people in fark, managed to declare 35 wars in 24 hours. Clearly Deinos is CN fighting menace.

Edited by Mr Vicarious

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1341258764' post='3001901']
Calm down now cowboy, you managed to declare 35 wars in roughly 24 hours.

I should probably clarify:

You, a member of an alliance with 85 nations out of anarchy, and roughly 65 nations out of anarchy and in range of people in fark managed to declare 35 wars in 24 hours. Clearly Deinos is CN fighting menace.
[/quote]

I'm not trying to get into a numbers battle here. First of all, many of our nations aren't in the nuclear range and thus aren't guaranteed anarchy after 24 hours of war, i'm not looking it up. Next look at the fact that we actually have closer to less than 30 nations capable of hitting Fark targets (please tell me you don't intend to play the peace mode card. Regardless, take away the inevitable RL issues plus the nations that recently dealt with Zoom's roguing and we have all of 10-12 nations above 25k ns in peace mode). Combine those two and the number is not even close to 65.

I'm not sure why you're pushing this so hard, after the showboating that came from your alliance after the initial Fark counter-blitz which was undeniably not bad I find it surprising that you're so eager to muck up our election thread cause a couple people decided to engage in some friendly smack talk.

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1341259801' post='3001914']
d I find it surprising that you're so eager to muck up our election thread cause a couple people decided to engage in some friendly smack talk.
[/quote]

You shouldn't complain about this when you do it so much yourself.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1341259801' post='3001914']
plus the nations that recently dealt with Zoom's roguing and we have all of 10-12 nations above 25k ns in peace mode).
[/quote]
Please don't use me as an excuse. I only destroyed Silver.

Although, I will take credit for Silver resigning. My rogue sessions tend to make people quit certain duties.

SilverEmpress cannot post on the OWF, but wanted me to assure everyone on the OWF that she had actually planned to retire back in early May due to certain [ooc]IRL[/ooc] issues likely due to her irresistible infatuation with me leaving her unable to concentrate on anything else. Well before any rogue attempts on her nation.

Incidentally, I will henceforth be offering my secretary services for the meager price of 50 tech per post*

[size="1"]*I reserve the right to paraphrase or generally just make !@#$ up.[/size]

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1341295860' post='3002378']
SilverEmpress cannot post on the OWF, but wanted me to assure everyone on the OWF that she had actually planned to retire back in early May due to certain [ooc]IRL[/ooc] issues likely due to her irresistible infatuation with me leaving her unable to concentrate on anything else. Well before any rogue attempts on her nation.

Incidentally, I will henceforth be offering my secretary services for the meager price of 50 tech per post*

[size="1"]*I reserve the right to paraphrase or generally just make !@#$ up.[/size]
[/quote]

This is literally the truth.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1341282388' post='3002068']
Please don't use me as an excuse. I only destroyed Silver.

Although, I will take credit for Silver resigning. My rogue sessions tend to make people quit certain duties.
[/quote]
Oh I don't know about that, I found dropping nukes on your backyard rather satisfying. The queue was rather long to do so though, only got a couple in :v

Edited by Ogaden

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1341319620' post='3002480']
I literally could look it up for you if you wanted.
[/quote]

No need, I'll do it for you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/literal

[quote]1.
in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical: the literal meaning of a word.[/quote]

"Literally the definition of a blitz" is thus an accurate phrase. Next time you go about trying to attack someone's grammar, try having proper grammar yourself. I hear they teach that in 2nd grade or something.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1341376450' post='3003165']
No need, I'll do it for you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/literal

"Literally the definition of a blitz" is thus an accurate phrase. Next time you go about trying to attack someone's grammar, try having proper grammar yourself. I hear they teach that in 2nd grade or something.
[/quote]

I'm gonna go with the "without exaggeration or inaccuracy" definition provided on that page you linked and say that I literally think you're exaggerating when you call either one a "blitz," which makes your "literally the definition of a blitz" statement literally inaccurate in my mind. That is literally my personal opinion. [s]Meow[/s] Literally.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1341382898' post='3003252']
Bones :(( y u in crappy alliance
[/quote]

You follow us around like a lost puppy and lob crappy insults wherever we go. Yours must be a sad existence indeed.

[quote name='bmckenna' timestamp='1341381386' post='3003240']
I'm gonna go with the "without exaggeration or inaccuracy" definition provided on that page you linked and say that I literally think you're exaggerating when you call either one a "blitz," which makes your "literally the definition of a blitz" statement literally inaccurate in my mind. That is literally my personal opinion. [s]Meow[/s] Literally.
[/quote]

... and you decide to go with what is most convenient for yourself ignoring the harder, more difficult to address alternative. This is what I have come to expect from Fark and unsurprisingly, you deliver.

Edited by Melancholy Culkin