Shadow of a Bull Moose

[b][size="3"][center]Small alliances rely on larger alliances and on one another for economic gain and protection.
This is how bonds are built between sovereign entities.
Bull Moose wishes for it to be known to the community of our intentions with the Shadow Company.[/center][/size][/b]

[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/5/5a/Bull_moose.jpg[/img] [img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/thumb/b/b2/Shadow_Company.gif/459px-Shadow_Company.gif[/img]
[/center]

[size="3"][center]In the interest of good relations and mutual economic interest,
Bull Moose and the Shadow Company hereby enter into an Optional Defense Pact.
Both Bull Moose and the Shadow Company [u][b]vow[/b][/u] that
perhaps we might possibly and potentially defend one another if the occasion were to arise.
Maybe.[/center][/size]

[center][u][b]Article 1: Sovereignty[/b][/u]
The undersigned parties accept that we are both independent, sovereign Alliances.
We will act as such and respect one another's rights as an alliance.

[u][b]Article 2: Peace and Intelligence[/b][/u]
The undersigned agree not to conduct any acts of aggression towards one another.
This includes, but is not limited to: warring, raiding, espionage, meanie pants taunting, yelling, etc...
We also vow to share any intelligence that our small minds may contain about other alliances intentions towards us.
This includes, but is not limited to: acts of aggression, voyeuristic acts, yadda yadda yadda.

[u][b]Article 3: Optional Defense[/b][/u]
The undersigned parties agree that we each have the [u][b]option[/b][/u] to defend the other alliance in the event of a war.
This is in no way a protectorate, as both parties are very small and require their own protectors.

[u][b]Article 4: Economic Gain[/b][/u]
The undersigned parties agree to help one another's economies in any way possible.
It is imperative that each alliance knows that their own needs must come before the other's.
We agree to help with tech deals, trades, bribery, the counting of pirate booty, and the mutual thievery of said booty.

[u][b]Article 5: Termination[/b][/u]
Either Bull Moose or the Shadow Company agrees that we may terminate this treaty at any time.
As should be the standard with optional pacts, no grace period is necessary.
[/center]

[center]
[u][b]Signed for Bull Moose:[/b][/u]

vandelsand of Native Columbia
Chairman of Bull Moose

Colonel Rick of Auld Lang Syne
Director of Bull Moose

[u][b]Signed for the Shadow Company:[/b][/u]

The Phoenix of The Black Guard
First Field Marshal & Leader of the Shadow Company

Phathom of Goshin
Second Field Marshal of the Shadow Company[/center]

Bully!

Edited by vandelsand

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you get protection, you're liable to need it with your continuous efforts to try to poach recruits and joining members from other alliances, like you tried with VOC after you heard we were merging with IRON.

I found your message to my members quite laughable, and shows your true colors.

Edited by Rhizoctonia

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1335718087' post='2960786']
I think you may be mistaken.
[/quote]

Appreciate IRONy a little more and check out this link:

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm[/url]

[quote name='Phathom' timestamp='1335726969' post='2960824']
Where is all this ill-natured energy coming from? Bull Moose and Shadow Company both deny trying to "poach" members. I suggest these allegations be put to rest.
[/quote]

They can deny what they want, we have two incidents with logs of such actions from Bull Moose. So good pick up as allies

[quote name='Rhizoctonia' timestamp='1335727495' post='2960826']
They can deny what they want, we have two incidents with logs of such actions from Bull Moose. So good pick up as allies
[/quote]

This is very rude. We have spoken to all the parties involved NUMEROUS times and they said it wasn't a problem and not to worry about it. Bull Moose is not poaching and I find your remarks unfounded. I think that you need to speak to people within your alliance that may handle these issues as they have been handled.

I find it to be out of line, the way lesser member of the alliances are not included in the conversation. Additionally, these accusations have absolutely NO bearing on the post at hand and are completely outside of the point made in this post.

It should be embarrassing to you that you didn't even fully read the post.

Edited by vandelsand

[quote name='vandelsand' timestamp='1335728208' post='2960829']
This is very rude. We have spoken to all the parties involved NUMEROUS times and they said it wasn't a problem and not to worry about it. Bull Moose is not poaching and I find your remarks unfounded. I think that you need to speak to people within your alliance that may handle these issues as they have been handled.

I find it to be out of line, the way lesser member of the alliances are not included in the conversation. Additionally, these accusations have absolutely NO bearing on the post at hand and are completely outside of the point made in this post (as is against the policy of the forum).

It should be embarrassing to you that you didn't even fully read the post.
[/quote]

No, the only thing rude is your actions. You're correct, this isn't the first time you have done something like this and need to be talked to. I maybe in IRON, but the message i am speaking of directly was towards my former alliance, one that i led, and you sent the message to another former leader of the VoC which he didn't appreciate it one bit. I would be happy to post the exact message you sent him, and the exact message you sent other people and see if in fact the rest of the planet think your actions are worthy of messaging people 2 days after i posted our merge on OWF, and such.

Good luck with them Shadow, let's hope they don't continue their former actions and learn from being talked to

[quote name='Rhizoctonia' timestamp='1335729127' post='2960835']
No, the only thing rude is your actions. You're correct, this isn't the first time you have done something like this and need to be talked to. I maybe in IRON, but the message i am speaking of directly was towards my former alliance, one that i led, and you sent the message to another former leader of the VoC which he didn't appreciate it one bit. I would be happy to post the exact message you sent him, and the exact message you sent other people and see if in fact the rest of the planet think your actions are worthy of messaging people 2 days after i posted our merge on OWF, and such.

Good luck with them Shadow, let's hope they don't continue their former actions and learn from being talked to
[/quote]

I agree that when I asked VoC if they wanted to join us I was wrong. Many people talked to me about this issue. It was resolved, I received a very stern slap on the wrist. Why bring this up now with such public humiliation, and totally outside of the context of this topic? Poor form.

In any case, I suggest that this slander be ended. As vandelsand said, it has absolutely no relevance to the post and therefore uncalled for in every right. Let it stand publicly that Bull Moose's past transgression concerning this issue be void on the claim that is has already been handled as BOTH parties have already admitted to. I also declare in this message that further talk about Bull Moose concerning this situation will be reported.

Mistakes were made and the past is the past. Our agreement still stands as an agreement of a new, prosperous future for both Bull Moose and the Shadow Company and as such should be greeted with more honor and dignity. I appreciate all who take the time to read our agreement and see it as a new beginning from this point on.

[quote name='Phathom' timestamp='1335730764' post='2960843']
In any case, I suggest that this slander be ended. As vandelsand said, it has absolutely no relevance to the post and therefore uncalled for in every right. Let it stand publicly that Bull Moose's past transgression concerning this issue be void on the claim that is has already been handled as BOTH parties have already admitted to. I also declare in this message that further talk about Bull Moose concerning this situation will be reported.

Mistakes were made and the past is the past. Our agreement still stands as an agreement of a new, prosperous future for both Bull Moose and the Shadow Company and as such should be greeted with more honor and dignity. I appreciate all who take the time to read our agreement and see it as a new beginning from this point on.
[/quote]

The posts you are referring to HAS something to do with the OP. Just because it isn't exactly the response you're looking for, it's still an appropriate response. The treaty/protection is due to their inability to gain members without poaching.

Edited by Incitatus

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1335731270' post='2960847']
The posts you are referring to HAS something to do with the OP. Just because it isn't exactly the response you're looking for, it's still an appropriate response. The treaty/protection is due to their inability to gain members without poaching.
[/quote]

No. It isn't an appropriate response. The optional protection piece stands only as part of the agreement of an economic alliance between us. It only states that due to the fact we are an economic interest to one another and also declares that we are separate entities and will stand as our own individual entities as well. It also states that this is no protectorate of any kind this is just an economic alliance and as such we are declaring Optional Defense as a claim that we will defend our economic interests with one another. You are stepping out of line with this entire situation by the fact that this isn't about poaching at all nor is about getting members from merging guilds nor is about defense of one another outside of it being an economic defense of interests between two alliances. It isn't appropriate, I suggest you stop.

Edited by Phathom

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335737307' post='2960868']
I hope BMA's issues with VOC/IRON have been cleared up.

Congrats on the treaty!
[/quote]

Thank you to Enzos and Roq! You guys are stand up characters.

As this is a positive treaty, I will not comment further on any negativity unless PMed in game... (on the forums probably too)

BTW: I think we're going with BMP as an acronym, if you don't totally mind!

[quote name='vandelsand' timestamp='1335738025' post='2960878']
Thank you to Enzos and Roq! You guys are stand up characters.

As this is a positive treaty, I will not comment further on any negativity unless PMed in game... (on the forums probably too)

BTW: I think we're going with BMP as an acronym, if you don't totally mind!
[/quote]

BMP works for me!

[quote name='Rhizoctonia' timestamp='1335720709' post='2960801']
Good to see you get protection, you're liable to need it with your continuous efforts to try to poach recruits and joining members from other alliances, like you tried with VOC after you heard we were merging with IRON.

I found your message to my members quite laughable, and shows your true colors.
[/quote]

[quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1335721044' post='2960802']
We do not take kindly to poaching. You might want to change your ways soon. Very soon :)
[/quote]

Gentlemen, please! I can assure you our friends in Bull Moose had no ill intentions and are aware of the consequences of further actions. I think the almight IRON can find forgiveness in it's rusted heart to put this incident behind us, yes?

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1335731298' post='2960848']
People send recruitment messages to members of disbanded / merged alliances all the time, I don't see the issue with it.
[/quote]

And this. I suppose it is a case by case basis. Who knew? Not like we have an official chart of rules everyone plays by.

But I digress. Well done, BM!!