Don't Panic #46

Loki Grim

Our definitions of poach seem to be conflicting, because The Apparatus NOR the Mostly Harmless Alliance believe it was a poach. And MHA's opinion is the only one that matters, I think.

So, I'll extend a hand of good faith: please, share with me your complete and unadulterated definition of poach in the realm of Planet Bob.

EDIT: Of course, My Patroness. This is a most noble cause for APP. And your caption is excellent, if I do say so myself.

Edited by Maximillian

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The underhanded attempt of someone soliciting another member of either their or another alliance to leave their current alliance, with the intent of having them join them elsewhere.

Included under this definition is when an individual becomes disgruntled, leaves their former alliance. Upon joining another or new alliance, this individual starts pm'ing his former alliance members and asks them to either quit their jobs or remove themselves from their alliance. Note, proving that they did not ask for them to specifically leave and join another specific alliance is irrelevant, that they asked them to do either, both which would subvert the sovereignty of another alliance is considered an offense. That these members join the offending nation/person's new alliance is not necessary for it to be considered poaching, but, is usually not a coincidence.

Again, when these new individuals whom have received this message go back over to their previous alliance after their new alliance has received report that these messages have circulated and are intolerable seeks out members of the previous alliance to offer unsolicited "advice," to them, which includes asking them to resign their position and leave the alliance, I'd [i]again [/i]consider it poaching.

Call me crazy.

I disagree with your notion that MHA did not consider the incident poaching, for at least at the time they very much did and despite their current government, I doubt they will have the gall to deny that given the conversations I have with them.

Edited by IYIyTh

Thank you for the warm welcome back folks, I'm surprised and humbled. :wub:

Caption entry: "Jack! Jack! Don't ever let go Jack!"

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1322986705' post='2862009']
wait.... didn't WCR leave CN for quite some time?
[/quote]

Apparently I fail at quitting.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1323002676' post='2862185']
Welcome back WCR. One of the true hitchhikers of our time.

Pray tell thee, who got you interested in coming back?
[/quote]

Story of my life, get lured in with sweet invitations but I end up coming alone.

*(Possibly a double entendre.)

[quote name='Jonathan Webb II' timestamp='1323013048' post='2862276']
I don't care if XX did leave RIA out to dry after they stuck their necks out for you. I love these editions and I love your alliance! If anything ever happens to CRAP, I know where I am going next!
[/quote]

I highly recommend it.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1323040302' post='2862718']
Needs way more Crushtania
[/quote]

Agreed, everything needs more Crush.

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1323049344' post='2862858']
I hope the blatant poaching attempt to get Dynasty back does not cause any problems. :P
[/quote]

There was certainly no malice directed at DMI but it wasn't a joke comment either, like Masterbake's was. Dynasty is many things - intelligent, talented, compassionate - but above all else he is a Hitchhiker and we would unreservedly welcome him back home. Sometimes you just gotta say what you feel so the message is clear and this was the clearest way possible.

[quote name='VLADITRON' timestamp='1323057414' post='2863008']
Ah, so it is unreasonable of me to expect an effective counter unless I am in the range of > 50% of MHA Nations... thank you for clarifying. I understand it may feel that you need 261 or more of your members to be within 75-133% of my NS to fill 3 of VODKA's defensive slots, though I encourage you to persevere. I have found that MHA members actually show signs of activity if you destroy enough of their infra, though this activity usually consists of spamming peace offers and purchasing 20 cruise missiles for defense.
[/quote]

Dear VLADITRON, I am humbly confused. After all, [i]you[/i] are our Supreme Ruler, if our nations are not attacking back it is ONLY because [i]you[/i] have not instructed us to do so. Obviously the dreadful thought of striking against our grand Sovereign has not occurred to us because [i]you[/i] have not allowed it to yet.

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1323057189' post='2863004']
There is not a single nation on Bob that is within range of "most" of MHA then by your definition. You are asking the impossible. In fact, I would bet you'd have a hard time getting in range of "most" of any alliance with the exception of maybe United Equestria.

Edit: nope, that's impossible too.

Edit Edit: You could be in range of "most" of Umbrella if you were 110k NS. Good luck. I look forward to [i]YOUR[/i] smack talk.
[/quote]

Ahh, but I was talking about as an alliance. If he could get himself, and perhaps 10 or 15 more nations spread about the NS spectrum... well that would make it a lot more interesting. My apologies if my referring to "him" wasn't clear enough, but "him" is in fact referring to the alliance of VODKA. Perhaps a recruiting drive is in order, Vlad?

Sup, MHA?

A poem for Dynasty? That's not poaching. It's like making a call to your sibling whom you haven't met for a long time.

----

I'm sure the Ministry of Hitchhikers will be grateful to Vlad for his ghostbusting and the Ministry of Destructor Fleets for Vlad's free war training for MHA Academy members.

[quote name='summerisway2hot' timestamp='1323088625' post='2863621']
Ahh, but I was talking about as an alliance. If he could get himself, and perhaps 10 or 15 more nations spread about the NS spectrum... well that would make it a lot more interesting. My apologies if my referring to "him" wasn't clear enough, but "him" is in fact referring to the alliance of VODKA. Perhaps a recruiting drive is in order, Vlad?
[/quote]

Seriously just give it up

It's not like he honestly thinks he'll bring down 3 alliances on his own. Fill his war slots or stop talking "the talk". It's seriously sad that an alliance with 1500 offensive war slots can only muster up the use of one. It's like that time during DH/NPO war when I had been eating nukes for 4 months but I had to fight a rogue for you because you guys couldn't get anyone to declare, and THEN, I couldn't get a drop of aid from one of your 3000 aid slots. I had to ask my alliance mates who just got done sending 7 Billion Dongs to GOONS to drop me some cash.

Nut up already and declare war on his one 5k NS nation.

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1323098259' post='2863693']
I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I meant by "you". I meant two of the 120 nations you have in range.

Or you could abdicate all responsibility since you personally are not in range.
[/quote]

The two wars on him ran up yesterday, give it a sec there...

[quote name='summerisway2hot' timestamp='1323103910' post='2863741']
The two wars on him ran up yesterday, give it a sec there...
[/quote]

Those were wars declared by VODKA, my good sir. You can expect those slots to be filled this evening. Meanwhile, I have 2 defensive war slots that have been open for 8 days, and I am aching for them to be filled. :ehm:

Edited by VLADITRON

[quote name='VLADITRON' timestamp='1323110801' post='2863824']
Those were wars declared by VODKA, my good sir. You can expect those slots to be filled this evening. Meanwhile, I have 2 defensive war slots that have been open for 8 days, and I am aching for them to be filled. :ehm:
[/quote]

Wow, fair enough, apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention... I'll inquire as to why your other slots aren't filled :)

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1323097338' post='2863681']
Seriously just give it up

It's not like he honestly thinks he'll bring down 3 alliances on his own. Fill his war slots or stop talking "the talk". It's seriously sad that an alliance with 1500 offensive war slots can only muster up the use of one. It's like that time during DH/NPO war when I had been eating nukes for 4 months but I had to fight a rogue for you because you guys couldn't get anyone to declare, and THEN, I couldn't get a drop of aid from one of your 3000 aid slots. I had to ask my alliance mates who just got done sending 7 Billion Dongs to GOONS to drop me some cash.

Nut up already and declare war on his one 5k NS nation.
[/quote]

ITT: NR is condescending.

Actually, you were asked to help because you were nuclear capable, had a relatively full set of wonders and the "rogue," we had had his tech hammered purposely and had roughly a 6-7 billion dollar warchest with a full wonder/improv set set at about 10k ns, iirc. There was very little point to throwing up nations with ~4k infra 0 tech against a nation who could simply rebuy infra to buy nukes for pennies, and thus I asked Roq as Umbrella had 2-3 similar nations in range at the time. He agreed and offered to help. We also offered aid but iirc Roq said not to bother.

In that case, we had plenty who wanted but were told not to declare, or simply couldn't. In this case I couldn't speak to it but I'm thinking that MHA really doesn't give half a !@#$ about Vlad, considering he's more or less doing them a favor as I pointed out on the previous page. One aid package of 6 mill keeps Vlad raped and the nation he attacks more than compensated for their trouble. Vlad poses no such threat.

But yeah, good times.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1323066004' post='2863431']
The underhanded attempt of someone soliciting another member of either their or another alliance to leave their current alliance, with the intent of having them join them elsewhere.

[color="#FF8C00"]I'll begin by stating that this seems like a perfectly acceptable definition when [i]applicable[/i]. However, this was not underhanded, and the intent to rejoin alleged alliance is missing. There is no proof of intent. It was, in fact, an opinion one person made out of earnest concern for another person. This concern came from the mistreatment of a government official upon a member. Which is, of course, a worthy opinion.[/color]

Included under this definition is when an individual becomes disgruntled, leaves their former alliance. Upon joining another or new alliance, this individual starts pm'ing his former alliance members and asks them to either quit their jobs or remove themselves from their alliance. Note, proving that they did not ask for them to specifically leave and join another specific alliance is irrelevant, that they asked them to do either, both which would subvert the sovereignty of another alliance is considered an offense. That these members join the offending nation/person's new alliance is not necessary for it to be considered poaching, but, is usually not a coincidence.

[color="#FF8C00"]A "key" piece of evidence you provided to us suggests YOU inadvertantly began the conversation with JoelJames under the nickname of Smelly_Socks. I can not prove that Socks is you except by reasoning: the screen-shots are in the first person view of Socks, and you provided the shots. Unless you can provide us the true Socks, you are Socks.
Now, if it was you who began the conversation, you deliberately wanted to hear bad-mouthing of you from MHA, and you deliberately wanted to find something to use against us. The only thing you have, however, is documentation of your poor leadership.
Thirdly, JoelJames did NOT, poach. In fact, he offered not one, but TWO choices: quit MHA government, or leave the alliance. If he truly wanted to poach, he wouldn't have suggested the resignation.
And finally, the message from MatthewM31 follows the above logic. He sent it in order to aid a friend, who he did not want to see suffer the same abuse from his superiors.[/color]

Again, when these new individuals whom have received this message go back over to their previous alliance after their new alliance has received report that these messages have circulated and are intolerable seeks out members of the previous alliance to offer unsolicited "advice," to them, which includes asking them to resign their position and leave the alliance, I'd [i]again [/i]consider it poaching.

[color="#FF8C00"]If I'm reading this correctly, and I'm not sure that I am, this was unforunate timing. Messages from our highest authority were sent to our three newest members to cease any contact with the MHA until the situation was under control. Again, this was not poaching. But for diplomatic reasons, we do not allow normal members, much less those who have not earned the seniority to be become General Assemblymen (30 days), to discuss issues with the other party.[/color]

Call me crazy.

I disagree with your notion that MHA did not consider the incident poaching, for at least at the time they very much did and despite their current government, I doubt they will have the gall to deny that given the conversations I have with them.

[color="#FF8C00"]I will concede that, [u]at the time[/u], the Triumvirate of MHA considered the messages poaching. However, after further discussion with Apparatus Clockwork, it was found that no actual poaching took place, and the incidents were harmless (no pun intended).[/color][/quote]

Mr. Myth, this entire incident comes at the fault of only one person: yourself. You, now, are attempting to blatantly cause harm to our AA's reputation. I suggest to you, then, that you take upon the responsibility, and [b]manhood[/b], and apologize for disgracing yourself, the MHA, and The Apparatus.

I apologize for one of your members, after upon being poached by a member still among your ranks, approached me without knowing who I was and asked me to resign from my positions in my alliance or resign from the alliance.

I should have known that if my nickname was not already another nickname and not what appeared to be a newb just starting out in the alliance, this individual would not have tried to poach me and therefore there would have been only 3 documented instances of poaching. Hell, I was already using that nickname when I joked that I wondered if I could get Joel to try to poach me in our private channel. That said, and as others will confirm as well as the information you already have, I did nothing of the sort and was merely chatting about alliance jobs when your member asked me if I wanted to hear some advice from "my old boss." That advice was to quit my position and leave the alliance. Not underhanded at all if you ask me.

I also apologize for supporting action after documented evidence and warning was presented to your alliance continued with intent to harm the Mostly Harmless Alliance. I should have known that due to the agenda of certain people they would've looked the other way had it been seven, eight, nine instances, or government members of The Apparatus either way. Had I known the current government would politicize and not disclose or allow to be disclosed the full nature of events and use it to remove from my alliance I would've been a good little bo...

Ah, who am I kidding, I care more about integrity than that.

I also have more evidence to disprove what little you did not concede was true in orange, but as I stated, that's for the people of MHA.

That they have not said anything ITT despite all of what I've said I assure you is not borne out of indifference, but knowing full well that they can not deny any of what I have said due to conversations I have held with them.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1323154546' post='2865483']
The crap they're spouting aside, I like the cut of the Apparatus' jib.

o/ MHAil and etc.
[/quote]

If you are not going to covertly mention my post I would appreciate it if you did not post here. Remember this is suppose to be about me. :P

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1323122441' post='2864079']
ITT: NR is condescending.

Actually, you were asked to help because you were nuclear capable, had a relatively full set of wonders and the "rogue," we had had his tech hammered purposely and had roughly a 6-7 billion dollar warchest with a full wonder/improv set set at about 10k ns, iirc. There was very little point to throwing up nations with ~4k infra 0 tech against a nation who could simply rebuy infra to buy nukes for pennies, and thus I asked Roq as Umbrella had 2-3 similar nations in range at the time. He agreed and offered to help. We also offered aid but iirc Roq said not to bother.

In that case, we had plenty who wanted but were told not to declare, or simply couldn't. In this case I couldn't speak to it but I'm thinking that MHA really doesn't give half a !@#$ about Vlad, considering he's more or less doing them a favor as I pointed out on the previous page. One aid package of 6 mill keeps Vlad raped and the nation he attacks more than compensated for their trouble. Vlad poses no such threat.

But yeah, good times.
[/quote]
I know we're not really supposed to do "quoted for truth posts" but yea, basically what IYIyth said.

also, brb Declaring on Masterbake for trying to Poach WCR.