HMFC DoW

Fleegle

[quote name='Eumirbago' timestamp='1312436719' post='2771565']
Should've just went on a suicide mission and attacked Anon or OP members :P
[/quote]

If I ever go rogue separate from my alliance's plans I'll likely just declare on the 3 biggest nations I can and nuke the bejesus out of them. In the meantime, get someone a friend from Bob to come over and take my spot in the TC.

Not going to lie...I've always wanted to rogue someone. Especially after being on the other end so much.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1312465176' post='2771761']
If I ever go rogue separate from my alliance's plans I'll likely just declare on the 3 biggest nations I can and nuke the bejesus out of them. In the meantime, get someone a friend from Bob to come over and take my spot in the TC.

Not going to lie...I've always wanted to rogue someone. Especially after being on the other end so much.
[/quote]

You should've done what this gentleman suggested Fleegle :P

[quote name='bannyfaws' timestamp='1312395355' post='2771049']
PATHETIC ! :(
[/quote]
That goes for LE too, they're still taking turns to hit Fleegle :wacko: although they killed the tech farm :blink: so what's to gain, is it sheer spite or childish revenge ? definitely not honour :awesome:

I'm guessing it's to keep him from coming back and hitting their lower tiers. Besides, it only costs them 20k per day to launch CM's and bombing raids every day.

Just read this, but I will put my opinion on this matter in favor of Fleegle. Based on what I have seen, and on the post from his trade partner, it seems that LE and allies did not treat him fairly in their posts (calling him a turtler, saying that he had a huge advantage, etc. etc.). While he did attack 3 LE nations that are substantially lower than his strength, doing so on nations of a similar strength would be suicide. Furthermore, although nations do not stack, 4 combined can put in 8 bombings, 8 CMs, and 8 coordinated ground attacks while one nation can only do two of each. Moreover, Fleegle has to nuke 4 nations a day while the combined forces against him only had to nuke him once a day, so Fleegle ran out of nukes quickly (especially with spying from other alliances) while LE had plenty to spare. Not only this, but the original complaint was not so much that he was hampered by the sanction but that 5 others had to be hurt too. Rouging LE was a choice that was bound to lead him to destruction, regardless of the enemies he was facing. One nation cannot defeat 4 nuclear armed nations in a fight, even if the one is stronger than any individual of the four. Just look at the result - Fleegle is at Anarchy, 0 soldiers, and basically out of the game (especially with the fact that he is now on vacation - again, this hurts him a lot more than if one of the LE nations quit). That he left 55,000 soldiers for LE to farm and LE nuked him was just a bad choice on the part of LE, but they would not know that he went on vacation unless he told them. The content of the message sent to his trade partner shows what his real feelings and motives are concerning the sanction. People are making too big a deal out of this, especially people who had little to do with the war in the first place. Calling his English ability pitiful and hurling other insults is extremely low and OOC. He could be from a different nation and English may be his second language, who knows? Dont use personal insults to try to make your argument and get your way. From the beginning, this was like any other war, except that one of the alliances happened to be a one-man alliance. There is just too much fuss about it. I have played TE since round 2, and I have played SE for 4 years. Wars happen. People get sanctioned. Whether that is something that should happen is a matter of discussion, but the fact that people such as Fleegle, Confusion and certain LE members hurl inappropriate insults at each others is too much. Calm down, have fun with the game, and dont go over the line.

Edit: My apostrophe key doesnt work on my keyboard for some reason, so my few contractions dont have them. :rolleyes:

Edited by Merovingian

[quote name='KevinJ' timestamp='1312385798' post='2770949']
Enough is enough
I was one of Fleegles trade partners affected by the sanction
Fleegle contacted me and pointed me to this thread but I haven't posted until now, in fact I wasn't a member until now. Lafayette Escadrille are a complete disgrace and have been all the way through with their name calling here and it's easy to believe if this is an example, in game too.

Fleegle has always told me not to get involved because you're not worth it but to say that he turtled is typical of the cheap shots fired by Lafayette Escadrille and utterly ridiculous.

I checked and Fleegle left 55,000 soldiers defending his nation when he left
Jarhead said he'd have fun with it and that wasn't a problem but then LE nuked him and killed off all his soldiers after that idiotic tactical mistake on what was a tech farm Jarhead accuses him of turtleing, which was impossible to do when you've been in ground attacks.[/quote]

Thanks Kev, good post, but you now see first hand why I said they're not worth it :)

[quote name='KevinJ' timestamp='1312385798' post='2770949']
I laughed when I saw that you'd nuked him and I guess he would have too but even I couldn't believe that LE would have the audacity to call out Fleegle for turtleing.[/quote]

Maybees LE just had a bad round [img]http://209.85.48.10/12924/52/upload/p3265732.gif[/img]
--------------------

On the Lochiel thing, I'm NOT Lochiel and there's enough people playing TE (and SE (Cam deleted his SE Nation)) who know that
I'm disappointed that more of these people didn't clarify that on this thread (other than Bannyfaws)

Lochiel (Cam) IS a close friend of mine.
He & I played together in rounds 2 & 3, fighting for MHA under Thaisport - I got bored, Cam didn't, I hated IRC, Cam doesn't.
A year ago (just over) Cam took seriously ill but he still played TE from his hospital bed until 3 rounds ago when I 'Nation sat' for him - Cam got sickened by some of the people playing and will now hardly even discuss the game.

The 'Nation sitting' got me interested again, that's why I've played the last two rounds, but I now understand his disenchantment.
(The game seems to be played (winged about) more on the forums than in actual battle)

tl/dr
[list]
[*]Better luck in round 19 LE - you REALLY SUCKED this round
[*](Avoiding the namecalling would be a good start - ingame abuse is why I attacked y'all)
[*]---
[*]I'm NOT Cam, but a lot of you knew that already
[*]Cam's doing well healthwise for those who DO know him.
[*]Neither he, nor I would ever turtle
[*]Jarhead, YOU know that first hand !! your post(s) is (are) childish & shameful
[/list]

[b]On the Sanctioning thing - The Biblio guy who sanctioned me is ALWAYS looking in on this thread, but won't post ???[/b]

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1313571308' post='2782730']
I guess what puzzles me the most is what Fleegle has gained from this kerfuffle
[/quote]
I gained casualties - not enough - but I played the game to fight, not to win flags or anything :)

It seems we all have different criteria for playing this game - fair enough - but too much !@#$%*ing on the OWF IS ruining the game
(That's imho - but it's also shown on numbers playing each round)

Edited by Fleegle

Well I personally think it would have been best refraining from making this topic which was clearly going to receive a lot of controversy.

It's fun seeing you around here so better luck next round with the casualties.

:nuke:

You complain about the whining on here, and start a thread and whine through the whole thing?? I think it's great you attacked everyone, and think the sanctions are silly. But, it's part of the game, and you are Hypocritical talking about whining.

Edited by dewe48

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1313573325' post='2782739']
Well I personally think it would have been best refraining from making this topic which was clearly going to receive a lot of controversy.[/quote]
Lol - ^ that's so ironic ^
I started the thread because it was an official (upfront) DoW on LE
If I hadn't started it then I might have been accused of being a 'Rogue' [img]http://209.85.48.12/13066/128/upload/p1786557.gif[/img]

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1313573325' post='2782739']
It's fun seeing you around here so better luck next round with the casualties.

:nuke:
[/quote]
Thanks for that, I think :blink: , but I'm unlikely to play next round
GL to you though, you grew BIG and didn't hide from casualties in doing so - well played !!

----

[quote name='dewe48' timestamp='1313604517' post='2782861']
You complain about the whining on here, and start a thread and whine through the whole thing?? I think it's great you attacked everyone, and think the sanctions are silly. But, it's part of the game, and you are Hypocritical talking about whining.[/quote]
There's a HUGE difference between whining and laughing mate
I'm laughing at LE - in effect you guys nuked your own tech when I was on holiday.
I'm trying to be fair too stating that "Maybees LE just had a bad round [img]http://209.85.48.10/12924/52/upload/p3265732.gif[/img]"

btw The holiday in Venice was awesome, we got real lucky

Maybees LE guys should avoid Venice though, 'coz it's unsafe to walk the streets there :rolleyes: [size="1"]jk[/size]

[quote name='dewe48' timestamp='1313604517' post='2782861']
You complain about the whining on here, and start a thread and whine through the whole thing?? I think it's great you attacked everyone, and think the sanctions are silly. But, it's part of the game, and you are Hypocritical talking about whining.
[/quote]

[quote name='Fleegle' timestamp='1313613672' post='2782957']
If I hadn't started it then I might have been accused of being a 'Rogue' [img]http://209.85.48.12/13066/128/upload/p1786557.gif[/img]

Thanks for that, I think :blink: , but I'm unlikely to play next round
GL to you though, you grew BIG and didn't hide from casualties in doing so - well played !!

----

There's a HUGE difference between whining and laughing mate
I'm laughing at LE - in effect you guys nuked your own tech when I was on holiday.
I'm trying to be fair too stating that "Maybees LE just had a bad round [img]http://209.85.48.10/12924/52/upload/p3265732.gif[/img]"

btw The holiday in Venice was awesome, we got real lucky

Maybees LE guys should avoid Venice though, 'coz it's unsafe to walk the streets there :rolleyes: [size="1"]jk[/size]
[/quote]

Break it up guys, break it up.

[quote=Fleegle]Thanks for that, I think , but I'm unlikely to play next round
GL to you though, you grew BIG and didn't hide from casualties in doing so - well played !![/quote]

Untraceable: 30,220.550 NS

9,273 Attacking + 161,187 Defending = 220,460 Casualties
Casualty Rank: Ranked #49 of 963 Nations (5.09%)

Tbh, that's not not hiding from casualties at all.

Edited by Therm

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1312389730' post='2770992']
This is gold. Pure gold.

And Mungo...while I wouldn't have reported you, doing the same thing over and over again and bolding/increasing the size is sort of the definition of spam on message boards as I understand it.
[/quote]

Of all the lame posts on this thread, this one wins the prize for lamest. Grow up.

[quote name='Therm' timestamp='1313614842' post='2782968']
Untraceable: 30,220.550 NS

9,273 Attacking + 161,187 Defending = 220,460 Casualties
Casualty Rank: Ranked #49 of 963 Nations (5.09%)

Tbh, that's not hiding from casualties at all.
[/quote]

Er, he said that DM didn't hide from casualties.

[quote name='Fleegle' timestamp='1313613672' post='2782957']
[/quote]

What's remotely ironic is that you were considered a rogue either way.

Also, yes, I was 'hiding' from casualties this round. You know? It's nice to have a change every once in a while, Therm.

[quote name='stepanek' timestamp='1313614890' post='2782970']
Of all the lame posts on this thread, this one wins the prize for lamest. Grow up.
[/quote]

This topic is still going?

And you picked an odd post to single out. To each their own.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1313637021' post='2783247']
This topic is still going?

And you picked an odd post to single out. To each their own.
[/quote]

He's in RE, he may remember you from all the times you've rolled RE?

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1313637813' post='2783258']
He's in RE, he may remember you from all the times you've rolled RE?

Confusion.
[/quote]
Yes, that is why.