Rage Quitting

PresidentDavid

We are all aware of rage quitting. I myself am a victim of it when Timmy decided to launch five nuclear missiles at my tiny Island when only one would have destroyed everything. Luckily that awesome brown nation (yes I just called you the brown nation) stopped the evil nukes from coming to me B-)
Only one missile hit me and it was in an area that I don't really RP much yet.

Most other people have not been as lucky. Rage Quitting can happen in two ways from what I see it:

[b]-Random Nuking/Missile Launches[/b]

[b]-Uncalled For Invasions or Attempting To Cause Global Conflict (which usually fails)[/b]

The first one is more common however the second one can be even deadlier and worse if done correctly.

Rage Quitters can be compared to the terrorists our boys are fighting in Afghanistan in they way the act, not in what they believe of course. See they don't care what happens to them, if they die it doesn't really matter - all they want to do is cause damage and destruction. The unfortunate thing is that Rage Quitters (or our versions of annoying terrorists) can come back to life and form a new nation.

The reason why I made this topic is that I am very sick of people doing this or just saying, "But but but but he was mean and ruined what I was doing so I am going to be a little girl and throw a hissy-fit" or "Her her, I'm cool so I'm going to destroy half of my enemies and then reroll to Europe her her". To be honest, I really hate that people do this and I think we should roll them every time they attempt to reroll, however that would be terrible on our part because it would ruin the [i]somewhat[/i] realism and non-OOC bias we are trying to portray even though our emotions do sometimes get the best of us.

So what can we do? Well I see a few options and just wanted to see what y'all think because I think the GMs need to take some action against Rage Quittings or we as a community need to work together and make sure they never happen again.
I believe that a rule should be made so that players do not have to recognize Rage Quitting (at least in the form of missile strikes and nukings) by this definition.

[i]Any player who launches uncalled for missile/nuclear strikes and then turns to resigning from the game will have his attack wiped and the defending nation will receive no damage. The attacking player will be penalized and not allowed to play CNRP for 30 days[/i]

But here come the questions, "But how long should we wait until we know if it is a rage quit or not?" To be blunt, you all know the answer to that. It was obvious when Timmy sent out his nukes that he was going to rage quit. It is obvious what Fizzy is doing is a rage quit. We all know when it is a rage quit. So maybe the GMs could just vote on whether it was a rage quit or not? (unless it was a GM). Or maybe have the GMs hold a poll to see what the community believes is right and what actions they should take on it?
I think that is something I would like to see. That way there isn't all of that bureaucracy and we can just make our own ruling as a community.

I realize that this thread has many ideas that some of you may like and some of you may dislike. However I want this thread to result in action taking place against rage quitting. Unless anyone has any objections I think I am going to make a poll that asks everyone if we should recognize Fizzy's rage-nuke or not. I am really sick of this and I was mentally devastated myself when I thought all of my hard work was gone in a flash because Timmy thought it would be funny to press a red button.

I would love y'alls input so please join in.

[i]Any player who launches uncalled for missile/nuclear strikes and then turns to resigning from the game will have his attack wiped and the defending nation will receive no damage. The attacking player will be penalized and not allowed to play CNRP for 30 days[/i]

Mods say we can't do that any more.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1308859100' post='2739553']

Mods say we can't do that any more.
[/quote]

Good point. Maybe just take out the second sentence, it was just an idea. I am just so sick of that happening.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1308858199' post='2739540']
Rage Quitters can be compared to the terrorists our boys are fighting in Afghanistan in they way the act, not in what they believe of course. See they don't care what happens to them, if they die it doesn't really matter - all they want to do is cause damage and destruction. The unfortunate thing is that Rage Quitters (or our versions of annoying terrorists) can come back to life and form a new nation.
[/quote]

1st of all, if it happens in real life, why not let it happen here? As annoying and bad as it is, you don't need a reason to do that stuff, because that's just how the world works.

On a side note, I would have to disagree that terrorists in Afghanistan nowadays "don't care what happens to them." While just a side point, to dismiss your own enemy without understanding why they are your enemy is simply foolish.

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1308861903' post='2739592']
1st of all, if it happens in real life, why not let it happen here? As annoying and bad as it is, you don't need a reason to do that stuff, because that's just how the world works.

On a side note, I would have to disagree that terrorists in Afghanistan nowadays "don't care what happens to them." While just a side point, to dismiss your own enemy without understanding why they are your enemy is simply foolish.
[/quote]

I don't think any country in the history of our planet :ph34r: no nation :ph34r: has ever launched several nuclear missiles and sat back, waiting to be destroyed for no reason.

Edited by PresidentDavid

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1308862093' post='2739593']
I don't think any country in the history of our planet :ph34r: no nation :ph34r: has ever launched several nuclear missiles and sat back, waiting to be destroyed for no reason.
[/quote]
This.

[/quote]
There's also not nearly the nuclear proliferation in real life as there is in CNRP.

[/quote]

I wasn't referring to that large of a scale, but instead following your comparison to some terrorist organizations. Also, you DO see nations go rogue in CN, and this is CNRP :ehm:

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1308862905' post='2739604']
I wasn't referring to that large of a scale, but instead following your comparison to some terrorist organizations. Also, you DO see nations go rogue in CN, and this is CNRP :ehm:
[/quote]
And we do have rogue nations in RL (Iran, NK anyone?), they just don't rage quit. I'm sure that, if we invaded Iran, and they had a nuke, they'd use it.

[quote name='Torias' timestamp='1308863153' post='2739607']
And we do have rogue nations in RL (Iran, NK anyone?), they just don't rage quit. I'm sure that, if we invaded Iran, and they had a nuke, they'd use it.
[/quote]

That's not at all proven. You have plenty of examples such as in the Gulf War where Saddam promised the mother of all battles and then never went through on using BC weapons (he did have them back then) on coalition forces after the US threatened to respond to any BC attack with a nuclear attack.

[quote name='Torias' timestamp='1308863153' post='2739607']
[/quote]
North Korea would definitely use them.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1308864473' post='2739616']
That's not at all proven. You have plenty of examples such as in the Gulf War where Saddam promised the mother of all battles and then never went through on using BC weapons (he did have them back then) on coalition forces after the US threatened to respond to any BC attack with a nuclear attack.
[/quote]
The survival of the Iraq state wasn't a question back then.

Neither would Korea or Iran, its the survival of the government, which very much was in question. I won't get into the exact politics of the Iraq War, but it absolutely was in question if not through direct coalition means than surrender terms which the coalition SHOULD have imposed on Saddam.

Cybernations role play...

[size="4"]Cybernations[/size]role play...

[size="7"]Cybernations[/size]role play...

You getting my input? Ragequitting and roguing are part of cybernations. Cybernations is what drives Cybernations role play. Besides, I'm more pissed off that Pravo blocked the nukes on PD's nation than the nukes being launched.

Mainly, PD freaked out massively and started the process of quitting. That's a bigger cop out to me than a rage quit. Considering that most people rp the rebuilding of their cities taking place in the span of 37 seconds or less.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1308883917' post='2739922']
Cybernations role play...

[size="4"]Cybernations[/size]role play...

[size="7"]Cybernations[/size]role play...

You getting my input? Ragequitting and roguing are part of cybernations. Cybernations is what drives Cybernations role play. Besides, I'm more pissed off that Pravo blocked the nukes on PD's nation than the nukes being launched.

Mainly, PD freaked out massively and started the process of quitting. That's a bigger cop out to me than a rage quit. Considering that most people rp the rebuilding of their cities taking place in the span of 37 seconds or less.
[/quote]

When you have hundreds of square miles of land yeah it's easy. But when you have a little rock that would have been hit with 4 nuclear warheads I don't see how the small island could have maintained the ability to hold life without killing it with radiation. My island is the size of London. So basically my entire government, and 70% of my population (and all of my large cities) would have been destroyed. It's like if you would nuke Monaco or the Vatican and expect them to rebuild.

Anyway, I just thought I would bring this up but it seems that not to many people care. We will see when it happens again, to a lot of people. :nuke: