The Overtime Accords

Opposing a world where alliances aren't allowed to happily go about their business so long as they don't commit an act of war must be a sin then.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1304641215' post='2707158']
Opposing a world where alliances aren't allowed to happily go about their business so long as they don't commit an act of war must be a sin then.
[/quote]
If you never want to be caught up in big drama or wars, join a neutral alliance, or turn your alliance into a neutral one. Complaining about getting caught up in a system of treaties and wars that you choose to participate in is pretty silly when there's an easy out.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1304642207' post='2707174']
Complaining about getting caught up in a system of treaties and wars that you choose to participate in is pretty silly when there's an easy out.
[/quote]

I have no issue with a war. I have issue with you trying to shift responsibility for your aggression on to somebody else. You were the ones gunning for us for months, and you got your chance. Shut up and enjoy it for the 3 more weeks that it lasts.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1304642473' post='2707179']
I have no issue with a war. I have issue with you trying to shift responsibility for your aggression on to somebody else. You were the ones gunning for us for months, and you got your chance. Shut up and enjoy it for the 3 more weeks that it lasts.
[/quote]
I freely admit that we were gunning for you. The problem is that y'all keep trying to deny that you were gunning for us and present yourself as peaceful neutrals when it came to the conflict.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1304642473' post='2707179']
[/quote]
Hey wait I thought your party line was that all your angry posts weren't "gunning for" someone, why are you using that argument against us?

Unless, of course, you were gunning for us. :smug:

Also it's hard to enjoy the three weeks of war because none of you have come out of peace mode yet.

Edited by ControlVolume

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1304641005' post='2707152']
It took months to get to this, and after it's wrapped up, NPO still won't be dead.

Good job wasting energy and national treasure, I suppose.
[/quote]

Waste?

You really think anything was wasted?

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1304643151' post='2707186']
The problem is that y'all keep trying to deny that you were gunning for us
[/quote]

Really? Explain how. NPO didn't start any wars to try and drag you into them.

The problem is that y'all keep trying to deny that you were gunning for us and present yourself as peaceful neutrals when it came to the conflict.
[/quote]

There is a world of difference between disliking, or even being opposed to an alliance, and "gunning for it". Your hostility, as well as going after our trade partners and allies, create opposition by default - but to jump from that to retaliation is quite another step. Just because your alliance had a significant proportion of members that carried petty 3-year old grudges doesn't mean we wanted "revenge" against 3 alliances that had never beaten us up before. And even for those people we might have a grievance against - the allies of your allies - there was a fairly widespread recognition that it had been our $%&@up and we needed to get over it.

So no, we were not gunning for anyone. We had national interests of our own, and they were not aligned with yours (mainly because you actively made them so) and yes, we quite clearly preferred one side over the other (because one side didn't want us dead). I will not deny that this war was in your national interest, quite the contrary; I applaud you for not doing things by wishy washy half measures. If you drive someone into being your rival, then you either need to go the full mile and beat them, or you shouldn't be hostile to them in the first place. However, this need to portray yourselves as come kind of "victim" forced by circumstance has to stop. I understand the need to wage a PR war, but you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

[quote]Umbrella is a tiny alliance now?

NPO has three-quarters the NS of Umbrella. If Umbrella's tiny, then NPO must be a speck of dust. Never mind the other five sanctioned alliances with less NS than Umbrella.[/quote]
Umbrella has less than a fourth the number of nations as the New Pacific Order, but that's beside the point.

Observe, those alliances responsible for the $2,427,000,000, to be paid over 15 aid cycles:
[quote] The Legion, The Phoenix Federation, Regnum Invictorum, Cult of Justitia, The Sasori Initiative, 64Digits, Sanitarium, NADC, and SNAFU...[/quote]

Excuse me for thinking highly enough of these alliances to think that their combined number can do in 15 cycles what Umbrella does in 3 without even trying.

EDIT: And to your other point, Umbrella is about to enter a twenty-one day war, so perhaps we won't be ranked so highly a month from now. ;)

Edited by JoshuaR

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304638679' post='2707129']Umbrella is a tiny alliance now?

NPO has three-quarters the NS of Umbrella. If Umbrella's tiny, then NPO must be a speck of dust. Never mind the other five sanctioned alliances with less NS than Umbrella.[/quote]
I think the intended meaning was tiny as in few members, so they have far fewer aid slots available.

I freely admit that we were gunning for you. The problem is that y'all keep trying to deny that you were gunning for us and present yourself as peaceful neutrals when it came to the conflict.
[/quote]
Would that be how we were constantly harassing you ooc and constantly trying to provoke you into attacking us or giving us a cb to use against you? Oh wait, that was [b]you![/b] Run along and play with your slinky's now child, we have more important matters to deal with than you.

[quote name='xzenith' timestamp='1304644177' post='2707199']
I think the intended meaning was tiny as in few members, so they have far fewer aid slots available.
[/quote]

In the context of being able to send packets of 3m out, Umbrella's 78 nations over 60k NS would be able to send out more than 780 nations at 10k NS, even when you disregard efficiency.

[quote]Umbrella is about to enter a twenty-one day war, so perhaps we won't be ranked so highly a month from now.[/quote]

22 nations of over 50k against 201. It's going to be real hard.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304645087' post='2707211']
Would that be how we were constantly harassing you ooc and constantly trying to provoke you into attacking us or giving us a cb to use against you? Oh wait, that was [b]you![/b] Run along and play with your slinky's now child, we have more important matters to deal with than you.
[/quote]

Edit: Never mind.

Edited by SADeki

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1304645544' post='2707217']
Why did you delete my wink from your quote!?
[/quote]

Because it makes me think that you are flirting with me, and I don't want to look like I'm that easy.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1304645704' post='2707220']
Because it makes me think that you are flirting with me, and I don't want to look like I'm that easy.
[/quote]

Too late ;)

[quote name='SADeki' timestamp='1304645588' post='2707218']
Harassing you OOC? Do you have an actual occurrence or are you just pulling an Alterego? Probably the second one.
[/quote]
mk members have harassed NPO members ooc on several occasions for the past year. The rest of dh are just being dh as usual.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304646673' post='2707235']
mk members have harassed NPO members ooc on several occasions for the past year. The rest of dh are just being dh as usual.
[/quote]
NPO came to my house and kicked my dog on several occasions, I don't need proof my word is valuable enough.

[quote name='ControlVolume' timestamp='1304647230' post='2707239']
NPO came to my house and kicked my dog on several occasions, I don't need proof my word is valuable enough.
[/quote]
They probably just didn't like you then. Would be a good enough reason for a cb from what I hear. :awesome:

*edit* I noticed your sarcasm, but the ooc attacks on NPO did happen though. Obviously your not in the loop on things.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304645087' post='2707211']
Run along and play with your slinky's now child, we have more important matters to deal with than you.
[/quote]

Do you?

Do you [u][i][b]really?[/b][/i][/u]

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1304647451' post='2707243']
Do you?

Do you [u][i][b]really?[/b][/i][/u]
[/quote]
Someone feeling left out? We'll send you some love too when we have some free time NationRuler. Or maybe you both can get together and have some fun? Long walk on the beach maybe?

No, no, please elaborate on your big important issues other than the utter destruction of your alliance which is currently at hand.

And we HAVE long walks on the beach already. Companionship we do not desire.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1304625709' post='2707026']
Hey little buddy, listen, struggling with your own inadequacies is difficult, I understand. While I generally think it's kind of sad for someone to reach into the beyond and bring in outside matters to try and make a petty swipe, I don't hold it against you. After all, what else do you have left? Another ODN post maybe? Chat about your 20 member fan club? Perhaps you can talk about how you were in Vox a few years ago for the nine hundredth time? Beyond that, welp, you've just kind of hit bottom. I'm not heartless, so while its been fun watching you plummet this past year or so, now that the impact has happened I can't help but empathize. So yea, while trying to go for ooc things is frowned upon, even when you miss as badly as you did here, we can let this one slide.

And sweetheart, since you're apparently so interested, it's 2l, tier one, actually. I apologize if that breaks any of your misconceptions. Please don't be too upset.

Also, spell check obsession is for secretaries. Look into it at your local CC if that kind of thing interests you.
[/quote]

I think you have a problem.

[quote name='Dubsy' timestamp='1304649331' post='2707255']
I think you have a problem.
[/quote]

Everyone that plays CyberNations does; it's learning to embrace the problem that makes us all so awesome :awesome:

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304646673' post='2707235']
[/quote]

I asked you for an actual occurrence, and you go on to just claim it happened, again without actually naming anything, or proof of any kind. Typical NPO tactics.