The Asian Union

Imperator Azenquor

The Asian Union (A.U.)

(OOC: Thread is closed to Asian Union members, and Asian Union Applicants, others by invite)

Asian Union Charter:

Preamble:

In the interest of establishing stability and economic growth throughout the Asian region, the undersigned nations hereby establish the Asian Union (AU).

Article 1: Membership

Any nation may apply for membership in the Asian Union if and only if the majority (>50%) of their territory is in the geographic region of Asia and if their membership application is approved by a majority of the current AU members.

Article 2: Non Aggression

The members of the Asian Union shall not undertake any act of aggression, be it direct or covert against any other member of the Asian Union.

Article 3: Optional Defense

Should a member of the Asian Union be attacked by another nation outside of the Asian Union, other Asian Union members may, but are not required to, provide military and/or financial assistance to the Asian Union nation under attack. This clause does not apply in cases where the Asian Union nation is the aggressor in the conflict.

Article 4: Environmental Conservation Cooperation

The members of the Asian Union agree to formulate and enact a policy on the conservation of the environment at the earliest opportunity. It should be the aim of all member nations of the Asian Union to carry out a meaningful reduction in the emissions of carbons after agreement on such a policy is reached.

Article 5: The Asian Congress (AC)

The Asian Congress is the primary forum for debate, discussion and policy development for the Asian Union. As such, all full members of the Asian Union are represented in the Congress and each hold one vote. Any member may bring a matter to the Congress for discussion and a vote.

Decisions made by the Asian Congress may not contravene this charter or any article thereof.

Article 6: Economic Co-operation

All members of the Asian Union shall be a part of either the Asian Economic Zone (AEZ) or the Asian Free Trade Zone (AFTZ) unless they are granted an exemption. An exemption may only be granted with the approval of the majority of the members of the Asian Union.

Whenever a member nation is able to provide goods and services of appropriate quality and quantity at a reasonable price, other member nations are encouraged, but by no means required, to purchase those goods within the Asian Union.

1:Asian Economic Zone (AEZ)

Members of the Asian Union who choose to join the Asian Economic Zone (AEZ) shall make a meaningful reduction of tariffs levied on goods from other AEZ member nations. Goods transported through the AEZ from one member to another must be of a particular mutually agreed upon standard.

2:Asian Free Trade Zone (AFTZ)

Members of the Asian Union who choose to join the Asian Free Trade Zone (AFTZ) shall eliminate all tariffs on goods and services from other AFTZ member nations. Goods transported through the AFTZ from one member nation to another must be of a mutually agreed upon standard.

Should a nation who is a member of the AFTZ transfer any goods or services to a nation who is only a member of the AEZ, then the transaction will be treated as an exchange of goods between two AEZ nations.

Article 7: Charter Amendments

Any amendment to the charter of the Asian Union requires a debate in the Congress on the proposed amendments as well as a 2/3 majority vote in support of the amendment before changes to the charter are approved.

Article 8: Expulsion

Any nation who has breached the terms of the Asian Union charter may be expelled from the organization via a 2/3 majority vote by the other Asian Union members.

Article 9: Cancellation

Should any Asian Union member feel that the direction of the Asian Union is no longer compatible with the direction of their nation, they may withdraw their signature from this agreement once they have notified the Asian Congress 72 hours ahead of their withdrawal.

Signed,

Signed for Marscurian Pakistan, (AEZ)

Mikhail Stein, Sultan of Marscurian Pakistan

Singed for The Republic of Yawoo, (AFTZ)

Acelin von Berg,Chancellor

Signed for The Nation of Selenarctos, (AEZ)

IKrolm, Benevolent Dictator for Life

Antonio Pilar, Second Economic Director

Signed for the United Kingdom of Buryatia, (AFTZ)

General Zelin, Chairman of the Special Military Committee for the Restoration of Order and Constitutional Normalcy in the United Kingdom of Buryatia and Her Dependencies and Protectorates (S.M.C.R.O.C.N.U.K.B.H.D.P.)

For the Hanseatic Commonwealth, (AFTZ)

Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

Evangeline Di Lavenza, Foreign Minister

Signed for Raochin, (AEZ)

Lord Malek Zephyr,Emperor of the Royal Empire of Raochin

Signed for the Elective Dictatorship of Palintine (AEZ)

[signature illegible], The Prime Minister of Palintine

Signed for Zargathia, (AEZ)

(scribble),Queen Amyante Tojimaru,Zargathian Transitionary Government.

Current Members:

Marscurian Pakistan, (AEZ)

Republic of Yawoo, (AFTZ)

The Nation of Selenarctos, (AEZ)

United Kingdom of Buryatia, (AFTZ)

Hanseatic Commonwealth, (AFTZ)

Raochin, (AEZ)

Palintine, (AEZ)

Matters before the Asian Congress:

Membership of Palintine in AU - Passed

Membership of Raochin in AU - Passed

Observer status in the AU - Failed

Membership of Zargathia in AU - Passed

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xaristan wonders aloud at the exclusion of the Dragon Empire and Dragon Bloc... could this be a direct challenge to their power?

It is by no means a challenge of power. The AU is purely an economic union, while the DE and DB are political. The DE was not excluded, they simply decided not to join.

Promised Land requests a clarification on what Asia is defined as in terms of this pact.

At this point, the pact defines Asia as being any nation whose territory is in the following regions (green): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Location_Asia.svg.

A wonderful pact with wonderful names.

All hail the Lady Protector!

Why do you hail the leader of a foreign nation after the creation of an international economic union designed to bring stability and prosperity to numerous sovereign nations? Should you not hail the treaty or the idea of economic unity itself, rather than someone that seems to be worshiped as a God in some parts of the world?

Mr Nikola Romanov,

Because said leader brought peace and prosperity to my country as it formerly was a protectorate under her name. I said it was a wonderful treaty, with wonderful names. Including one whom has brought stability and culture to my islands. That is why she is hailed over others. When foreign nations, Asian and the like, contibute to my society or even to my diplomatic affairs, then I shall hail thier name as well.

Sincerly,

Debra Cuade

Melanesia Sisterhood, Diplomats of Acca Dacca.

Edited by Acca Dacca

I will give her the well deserved respect that she has given my people. She has shown more than enough of the world the same respect and I doubt that is the reason they may hail her like a god. Until we can consider ourselves something more than a name on map in the world, and a nation worth being respected, she will be treated as a superior, as she has helped us go from a provinence on the edge of anarchy to an independent state on its own two feet.

If you so wish for words of praise by me under every announcement and political achievement you make, by all means please contribute to our ever growing nation as we do not rely solely on ourselves at this point as we are a third world nation. We do hope you accept this invitation.

(My leader's name is King Nikola Romanov)

So do you intend to hail her in every public announcement you make, or just when you've given evidence that she controls your nation like Geppetto?

More petty whining from someone who wishes they had anything to their name other than association with the Nords.

Take your whining elsewhere.

More petty whining from someone who wishes they had anything to their name other than association with the Nords.

Take your whining elsewhere.

And what authority do you have over me? I tend to not let paranoid schizophrenics tell me where to go, nor do I really feel insulted when they speak to me. I can offer help to you, however. Those bugs on your arms aren't real, they're in your mind.

And what authority do you have over me? I tend to not let paranoid schizophrenics tell me where to go, nor do I really feel insulted when they speak to me. I can offer help to you, however. Those bugs on your arms aren't real, they're in your mind.

This coming from the person who babbled on about geography during a political discussion? Perhaps you should see a doctor about your tendency to speak about random things that don't belong to the topic at hand.

While we encourage discussion and questions by AU and non-AU nations alike, we can not see what this present discussion has to do with the Asian Union. It is with the deepest respect for several of those nations mentioned, that I request that this particular discussion be taken elsewhere.

(OOC: Thread is closed to Asian Union members, and Asian Union Applicants, others by invite)

OOC: Sorry for not jumping in sooner, when the first non-AU related comment was made.

Promised Land requests that it be allowed a position as international observer. While we are not in the area in question--we are only just outside it.

The Asian Union Charter does not at present contain a provision regarding the granting of observer status. With this in mind, the members of the AU must first decide on whether or not observers will be permitted at the AU, and what privileges will be granted to observers.

====

Vote #1: Membership of the Elective Dictatorship of Palintine in the AU

Yes:4

No:1

Abstain:0

Yet to vote: Marscurian Pakistan, Republic of Yawoo, The Nation of Selenarctos, United Kingdom of Buryatia, Hanseatic Commonwealth

=

Vote #2: Membership of Raochin in the AU

Yes:5

No:0

Abstain:0

Yet to vote: Marscurian Pakistan, Republic of Yawoo, The Nation of Selenarctos, United Kingdom of Buryatia, Hanseatic Commonwealth

=

Vote #3: To Permit non Asian Union member nations to hold observer status within the Asian Union

Yes: 2

No: 3

Abstain: 0

OOC: Members are encouraged to discuss the above votes, and to ask the respective nations questions, etc. Since this is the first batch of votes, they will be left open for 72 hours or until all AU Members have voted.

In regards to issue number one, The Republic of Yawoo respectfully votes no. With regards to number two, The Republic of Yawoo votes yes, and finally with regards to number three on the agenda, The Republic of Yawoo votes no.

Edited by Yawoo

For Vote 1: We vote yes, the are an Asian nation and welcomed

For Vote 2: We vote yes on admitting Raochin. They are more that 50% on the Asian continent.

For Vote 3: We vote yes. Observing can be just the thing a country needs to convince it to join the Union

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

"At this time the results of votes 1 and 2 are finalized. Although one member has not yet voted, it is clear that both votes have the necessary majority required for admission to the AU.

As such, we welcome the Elective Dictatorship of Palintine and Raochin to the Asian Union, and request their signatures to be placed on the charter. The vote regarding observer status is still open as Buryatia is undecided and Selenarctos is yet to vote on the issue"

"Zargathia wishes to apply for the treaty on the EAZ level. Also, with our country bordering AFTZ members Buryatia and the Hanseatic Commonwealth and the Dragon Empire, would we still be able to put (reduced) shipping taxes on goods transported between these nations should the Dragon Empire join the AFTZ as well?"