TFD Treaty Announcement

TFD_flag.pngvolpe2.jpg

volpe1.jpg

(Our sweet TFO flag)

So where do I start with this... It is a long and weird experience that started this all off. It all began when we wanted to visit Jose in Mexico and we ended up *loss of memory* (...) we figured that Celt is a true celtic and was wearing those things that celts like to wear. See I erased what I saw from my memory because I really was disgusted when I saw (...) so yeah I thats why I dont even remember the name of it (...) so at the end of the day we all merely remember and I do not think we want to remember what happened that night. What we do remember is that when we all woke up (...) *censored for PG-18 reasons* (...) and Dragonaspect was the funniest of them all, after on Jägermeister shot he went off for a while and came dressed like a huge Piñata in form of a dragon. Cadie was just laughing her $@! off while happily smacking on him trying to get some candy. On the other side of the room gonefishin was crying because we just had the most delicious fish BBQ and he was complaining that people always pick on him. But then again he is the perfect character to hate on (...) well so then when we all woke up there was this piece of paper lying on the table next to sam who had a black ink pen in his right hand and a big pint of Paulaner beer in his left hand, and just woke up from what he remembers as one of the weirdest experiences ever. The content of that paper was the following:

The Gloria Accords (formerly known as the PG-18 Treaty)

Article I: Preamble

The alliances of The Foreign Division (TFD) and The Sweet Oblivion(TSO) wish to contribute actively to the growth of each other, cooperate economically and increase their friendship. The purpose of this treaty is for mutual peace and prosperity between both of the signatories.

Article II: Friendship

This document is not nearly as important as the friendship it represents. Both signatories are expected, but not requried, to go above and beyond the terms of this treaty to help each other out in the name of strengthening their relationship.

Article III: Peace

No attack against either signatory by the other shall be condoned, and, if it is, this treaty is therefore null and void. Attacks include, but are not limited to, declarations of war, in-game espionage, forums espionage, impersonation of leaders on IRC, and aiding the enemies of the other signatory.

Article IV: Intelligence

If one signatory gains any compromising information concerning the other alliance, it needs to be handed to them.

Article V: Aid

If one signatory asks the other for any financial assistance, the other signatory should assist in a timely manner.

Article VI - Assistance

Both signatories agree that neither is legally bound to grant request of military or financial aid form the other. Both signatories are encouraged to do so in the interest of friendship and building a healthy diplomatic relation, however requests may be denied with or without reason.

Article VII: Cancellation

If one signatory feels that this treaty is no longer beneficial, then they shall notify the other through private channels, and, after 72 hours the treaty is null and void.

For The Sweet Oblivion,

Celt, Commander

Dragonaspect, Commander

Sam, Commander

The Second Security Council of The Sweet Oblivion

For The Foreign Division,

Italgria, Speaker

KingAdam, Senator

Herbert, Senator

GearHead, Senator

Tamurin, Senator

Edited by Italgria

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on how you conceive wisdom, I suppose *shrugs*

[OOC]My wikipedia says:[/OOC]Wisdom is an ideal that has been celebrated since antiquity as the knowledge needed to live a good life.

Knowledge needed to live a good life, and what he said shows that he has that :)

(Gears of War @ May 25 2009, 04:38 PM)

I guess TFD is into the whole one step forward two steps back thing.

This man is wise.

this man, not so much. who are you to judge a friendship that has endured thru much time and many obstacles?

o/ TFD

this man, not so much. who are you to judge a friendship that has endured thru much time and many obstacles?

o/ TFD

Someone who has watched the way TSO's members conduct themselves for years, and is sad that TFD considers them friends? Guess I shouldn't be surprised though, considering that they were in Agora.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Someone who has watched the way TSO's members conduct themselves for years, and is sad that TFD considers them friends? Guess I shouldn't be surprised though, considering that they were in Agora.

you've got your jab in, go play elsewhere now :)

[OOC]My wikipedia says:[/OOC]Wisdom is an ideal that has been celebrated since antiquity as the knowledge needed to live a good life.

Knowledge needed to live a good life, and what he said shows that he has that :)

Yet would denying your friends in favour of your own PR be "living a good life"?

Well, considering that you have watched TSO's members conduct ourselves for years you surely know how we treat our friends in private. :)

Maybe it is time to let up on old grudges and forgive (if not forget?), god knows our grudges are very old by now :P

Under extreme circumstances you might even find us likeable, you know

Now now Agora had little to do with this.

Yet would denying your friends in favour of your own PR be "living a good life"?

If they consider you to be friends, then they need to learn what friendship really is. People who cast aside an entire alliance and ditch them to kinda flop around are sad and pathetic.

Well, considering that you have watched TSO's members conduct ourselves for years you surely know how we treat our friends in private. :)

Yes, I do. I remember what happened to Polaris, and what happened to a certain member of MCXA when sam ripped him him for reasons that will not be discussed here. That is totally nice conduct, right? :)

Maybe it is time to let up on old grudges and forgive (if not forget?), god knows our grudges are very old by now :P

Under extreme circumstances you might even find us likeable, you know

I laughed, a good hearty laugh.

If they consider you to be friends, then they need to learn what friendship really is. People who cast aside an entire alliance and ditch them to kinda flop around are sad and pathetic.

Yes, I do. I remember what happened to Polaris, and what happened to a certain member of MCXA when sam ripped him him for reasons that will not be discussed here. That is totally nice conduct, right? :)

I laughed, a good hearty laugh.

These issues have surely been discussed frequently enough, but if you want we can continue this in private :)

And well, it was worth a try :P

These issues have surely been discussed frequently enough, but if you want we can continue this in private :)

And well, it was worth a try :P

Indeed. I don't wish to derail your thread with them :)

Now, now... jealousy will get you no where.

Did you just honestly imply that I was jealous you were in Agora?

Even though I was the leader of GR and hated every aspect of Agora?

>_<

I rofl'd.

glhf folks.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

One of the great loose threads of this war is that TSO escaped its karmatic beating.

Also, LOL at us being jealous of Agora. :awesome:

I guess TFD is into the whole one step forward two steps back thing.

TSO have shown friendship for TFD like few alliances have, in more circumstances than you can probably imagine. If you don't like them, that's fine, but it's not up for you to judge them or us for signing a treaty that reflects our mutual respect. One would expect that people like you and others from other alliances would have realized by now how friendships should be more important than whether the people with more power and influence like it or not, specially considering most blue team history. Infact, certain alliances used to preach alot about that.