We are not 100% neutral but we like to stay neutral as long as we can and try not to get in any conflicts as we are only a small FAST growing alliance. We will defend ourself if attacked (depending on the attacker) and we may defend our allies depending on what treaty with have with them.

We are not 100% neutral but we like to stay neutral as long as we can and try not to get in any conflicts as we are only a small FAST growing alliance. We will defend ourself if attacked (depending on the attacker) and we may defend our allies depending on what treaty with have with them.

Most alliances like the idea of minding their own business and build treaties to create allies that may help you during a conflict. Are you willing then to say that most alliances are "semi neutral"? If not, what makes your alliance different ? Seems to me like the term is pointless to use and thus this announcement seems pointless.

You are not neutral period. 

As opposed to the parties you aren't neutral towards because you don't hold treaties with them.

Rayvon,

you're trying to insinuate something based on what we commonly know as logic. That doesn't exist here, I'm afraid.

Ok...

After reading every post, I now understand why you think that the Ultra Alliance is not neutral and this treaty is pointless. I made it public so that it can be read by everyone and so we can use it in defence if attacked by a pro-raid alliance. It is true that we are neutral when not at war and not neutral when at war. You guys didn't give my view a thought but I don't mind.

By thinking it is funny or is an isult that we called ourself the 'Ultra' Alliance is nothing to moan about. Ultra, in this case, is just an abreviation of ultimate and ultimate is a word in the English dictionary. Ultimate is both noun and adjective. The definitions of ultimate are:

• being or happening at the end of a process; final
  • being the best or most extreme example of its kind
  • the best achievable or imaginable of its kind
  • a final or fundamental fact or principle

An alliance is a union or association formed for mutual benefit, especially between countries or organisations.

By being the 'Ultra Alliance', we are no better than any other alliance. As I said, it is just a name.

Q: Why is NATO called NATO and stand for North Atlantic Treaty Organisation?

A: NATO is a real life alliance/bloc that makes no sense as nations that are not near or connected to the North Atlantic can be part of it.

Q: Why is the Terran Empire called Terran Empire?

A: I do not know but they are great. They may have named theirselves after the Terran Republic in Planet Side 2...

Q: Why is Sparta called Sparta?

A: Sparta was an old acncient Greek civilization. Maybe their founders liked Greek history...

Q: Why is The Roman Empire called The Roman Emipire?

A: Ulthran, my good friend, likes Roman stuff and latin. The Roman Empire was a Classical age empire that ruled Britain, most of Europe and the mediterranean.

After reading every post, I now understand ... It is true that we are neutral when not at war and not neutral when at war. You guys didn't give my view a thought but I don't mind.

I think you need to go back and re-read my friend.

Q: Why is NATO called NATO and stand for North Atlantic Treaty Organisation?

A: NATO is a real life alliance/bloc that makes no sense as nations that are not near or connected to the North Atlantic can be part of it.

What is this "real life" you speak of?  NATO may or may not make sense to you, but you know what makes sense to everyone: a cruise missile crashing through the front door of your national palace. :P

So basically you're no different than every other non neutral alliance in the game. Got it.

So basically you're no different than every other non neutral alliance in the game. Got it.

Exactly lol

To have "allies" means you have to "align" yourself which is very counter-productive to neutrality. Right GOP?

I.. uh.. :facepalm:

What you're really trying to say is that you're a non-aggressive alliance.

This is basically it.  They're saying that they're not going to go out and start a bunch of shit, but will have allies and some sense of obligation to defend/fight alongside them in war.

Essentially, just like everybody else.  We're all semi-neutral in that regard.  :)

Edited by mmansfield68

This is basically it.  They're saying that they're not going to go out and start a bunch of shit, but will have allies and some sense of obligation to defend/fight alongside them in war.

Essentially, just like everybody else.  We're all semi-neutral in that regard.  :)

Ugh...I blame GOP for all this "semi" stuff. Just because they have an issue staying "hard" neutral, now everyone wants the same issue. :P

Ok...
After reading every post, I now understand why you think that the Ultra Alliance is not neutral and this treaty is pointless. I made it public so that it can be read by everyone and so we can use it in defence if attacked by a pro-raid alliance. It is true that we are neutral when not at war and not neutral when at war. You guys didn't give my view a thought but I don't mind.

Trust me, a pro-raid alliance is not going to care if you use this declaration as a defense. Nobody takes this declaration seriously because it doesn't make sense. Semi neutrality is a pointless term. And your defense to this is to start defining words for us?

• 9 months later...

Sorry for reopening an old thread...

I'm now laughing at my own words in the same way everyone laughed at me before.

TTE was a terrible protector and didn't teach the UA or myself the ropes.

I sadly had to learn the hard way but oh well...

Edited by Aidan Groover